Page 111 of 487 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 211 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,330 of 14593

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I saw the video of Ross talking about those angles of Vince humiliating JR. He's not angry about it as he knew that he had to do it or lose his job.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Both Regal and JR deserved better when they did the "kiss my ass club" angle, i remember watching them and being pissed, it was of bad taste even for the WWE... (Regal it's one of my favorites ever, i find him terribly underrated and him as the "boss bitch" was terrible...)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I think Vince wanted him gone, and jumped on it, first chance he got. He definitely disrespected JR more than anyone else. Fired multiple times. Once because of his bells palsy. He knows more about wrestling and the industry than Vince, and that scared the shit out Vince.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Basically. One of the biggest "what if's" is if what would have happened if Jim ran WCW. Ric Flair said he lobbied hard for him to get the job when Turner bought out Crockett. No idea if they'd still be going today, but they certainly would have been a more competent company there for awhile. As it was, I think Jim just wanted to do what he could in the broadcast booth, and be a behind-the-scenes guy without being head honcho.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 05-20-2014 at 08:22 AM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Basically. One of the biggest "what if's" is if what would have happened if Jim ran WCW. Ric Flair said he lobbied hard for him to get the job when Turner bought out Crockett. No idea if they'd still be going today, but they certainly would have been a more competent company there for awhile. As it was, I think Jim just wanted to do what he could in the broadcast booth, and be a behind-the-scenes guy without being head honcho.
    I heard that JR left the WCW because of the deal they gave him, he decided to work at the WWE for much less money but at least have a secure contract (and not dealing with Bischoff who i heard he disliked a lot...).
    It's funny because the first WM i ever saw was his debut at WM IX and i think he did a great job and since i was a kid i thought that Jim was already for ages in the WWE, i'm not his "biggest" fan or anything but i respect him a lot... (also being a latino i heard the spanish broadcast mostly).
    You can tell that JR was confortable being just a commentator, even the attempted storyline were they tried to turn him "heel" was a failure and from that moment on he would end up becoming the biggest babyface in the company (take THAT Linda McMahon!)
    But yeah i guess we'll never know what would happen if JR had decided to stay at the WCW, in my opinion Bischoff is a great promotor yet he needs someone that balances his ideas, people like Russo, Hogan or Nash did the exact opposite and that's why the WCW sank...
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 05-20-2014 at 02:45 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Exactly. From what I can remember was that just after Bill Watts was fired from WCW, the plan was that Jim Ross was going to take over for WCW in 1993 since he was someone that had a lot of ideas. Instead, Eric Bischoff bullshitted his way to the suits and gave his own ideas and such. Once Ross knew that he was going to work under Bischoff, he left WCW and then went to WWE. I'm not sure what JR would do if he stayed and took over considering that the company under Watts' tenure went into a bad direction. Bischoff did have good ideas but unfortunately stuck himself with the likes of Hogan and Kevin Nash.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Oh my fucking God, this decision we've waited for 2 days for is this.

XD

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    He sure knows how to troll...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I love Mick Foley and I'm glad he can entertain us. If he decides to join Jeff Jarrett's new company. That's fine since I understand his disdain for some of the WWE's recent creative decisions.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Amusing.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I want him to keep mentioning that as a way to troll the people. I love Paul Heyman.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Found this on Twitter

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    All right!!! I bet Noel is a Bad News Barrett fan as well. The WWE events in the UK seem to have a much more dedicated audience. They need to bring back the UK-based special events back. Just because of the audience.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    According to wrestlezone, Scott Hall has relapsed...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    All right!!! I bet Noel is a Bad News Barrett fan as well. The WWE events in the UK seem to have a much more dedicated audience. They need to bring back the UK-based special events back. Just because of the audience.
    They had "edgier" content too! i remember when Sable ripped Jaqueline's top at "Capital Carnage"...

I heard of Hall's relapse, such a shame, this guy really needs all the help he can get, it's unfair that a huge legend like him ends up like that...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Bad News Barrett tweeted a signed copy of Definitely Maybe from Noel a few days ago.

Last edited by onthewall2983; 05-22-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    That is fucking awesome. I am starting to love Bad New Barrett and I hope he gets a WWE World title run. Him and Bryan would be a great rivalry as I think Barrett would be over as a face just as long as he keeps that Bad News Barrett gimmick.

I read about Scott Hall's relapse. I just hope he gets himself back up. Sobriety isn't an easy thing to maintain as I just hope he has his buddies to be there for him and not let him fall. Jake had a brief relapse too but he picked himself up.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    This "Best for Business" angle has ran its course. Go for something else, please.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

When I hear this idiot singing that gospel song I spring to this

Then I go into uncontrollable laughter imagining him singing this instead.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Badum tiss, triple post.

Bo Dallas sucks. I don't BoLieve. What the fuck is that shit?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Few of my friends love the guy. I don't get it. The guy is bland. He'll be jobbing with Adam Rose soon enough.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Wathcing raw for the first time in 5+ years. For as much shit as I hear people giving WWE, its not that bad of a product. I agree with Space Suicide, that BoLieve thing reminds me of Simon Dean, which only okay because it in turn reminds me of the bWo. The Alicia Fox thing went on about 3 minutes longer than i think it needed to, but seeing that Evolution is back (sans Ric Flair, obviously) is definitely cool. I always thought Trips, Orton and Batista had really good chemistry together. Those redneck folks are a bit creepy, and I like it.

More to come as i think I will continue to watch.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ^Simon Dean was funny at least, i don't find that "Bo-lieve" thing slightly funny...

scared about Daniel Bryan's title, hope Cena doesn't get it...

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Cena never bothered me as a champion. Looking back, at least he doesn't do that "Word life" and "thuganomics" gimmick anymore, because it was SLIGHTLY ignorant. Doing a small amount of research, he really appears to be the most over face, with the exception of Bryan, and Wrestlemania is too far away to put the belt on a heel for more than a month or two. Just my two cents.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I really hope the Shield destroy Evolution because they're boring as fuck. Bo Dallas.... LAME!!! I don't like Adam Rose either. He is just dumb. I love the Alicia Fox meltdowns yet Hornswoggle pulling El Torito's tale out fucking floored me. It was OK. Please, please, please, never have Eva Marie wrestle on RAW ever. She is horrendous.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I thought RAW was pretty terrible. Too much comedy segments, especially for a go home show.

Bo Dallas is annoying but not nearly as bad as Adam Rose.

I can see Cena once again overcoming all adversity on Sunday. Just please don't use duct tape this time.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I was expecting for Bo Dallas to cry buckets whenever he won the match along with that cheesy ass, "follow your dreams" bullshit. LMAO.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I really wanted to smash something when "Davy Crockett" came out. Just when you think a guy can't get buried any more. Pretty saddening.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I feel sorry for Damien Sandow. He deserves better than this. As does Dolph Ziggler. I'm sick of Ziggler having to job to some old-fart, skinny-jeans wearing bitch. I think Sandow, Ziggler, and a bunch of other guys who are being buried should form some faction and just take out some people. And poor Drew McIntyre. He went from being "the Chosen One" to now jobbing to a midget in a bull costume.

I also heard about what really happened with Scott Hall. It wasn't a relapse but a health scare as it's been reported by Wrestlezone that he's fine now and will appear in a Smackdown! taping tonight in Atlanta. At least he's putting his health first than do something harmful.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Yeah, I really really like Drew McIntyre and the entire "Chosen One" schtick he had in 2010. Sad day to see him in Fail Man Band. I don't like Slater or Mahal but the fact they've pretty much lost every match they've ever had since forming is pathetic and terrible for all three of them.

McIntyre is supremely talented. The fact he hasn't done anything since the "Chosen One" is a shame and well, a joke. Then again, that thing with Tiffany royally fucked him over as well.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 05-27-2014 at 08:51 PM. Reason: u broek grmmr?