Thread: Professional Wrestling

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, TW didn't hold back when it came to the subject of wrestling. They wanted it gone from the start. And the company eventually withering away until it's inevitable desmise. The product became real bland towards the end. The writing was bad, everything was bad. They ended up getting dominated by WWF. The lack of support from time warner was probably a definite factor though.
    Last edited by Piko; 03-31-2012 at 08:09 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Yeah, TW didn't hold back when it came to the subject of wrestling. They wanted it gone from the start. And the company eventually withering away until it's inevitable desmise. The product became real bland towards the end. The writing was bad, everything was bad. They ended up getting dominated by WWF. The lack of support from time warner was probably a definite factor though.
    And Eric Bischoff did try to buy it with a group of investors while ensuring a TV deal with Time Warner or Fox. Yet, when Jamie Kellner pulled the plug on WCW. Bischoff backed out because WCW wouldn't be worth anything if there was no outlet for the organization on TV. I liked WCW but started to sour on it in 1999. Then when David Arquette won the belt, that was it for me. I enjoyed watching WWE and WCW at that time. That was a fun time to be a wrestling fan.