Page 489 of 489 FirstFirst ... 389 439 479 487 488 489
Results 14,641 to 14,667 of 14667

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    It was better than Summerslam, for certain.
    The whole judgement day segment with Priest and Ripley was incredible. Mania level pops man.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Lucha Bros are likely leaving AEW. Good. They’ll do better in WWE where Penta actually can get by spamming the one taunt he knows.

I am much more hopeful that Daniel Garcia will stay in AEW. I hear it’s likely he will. I certainly hope so. That dude is quite talented.

Most of all, I’d love it if Ricky Starks and TK figured shit out and he’d return and subsequently stay in AEW but I think Cody has been in Starks’ ear for awhile now and he will probably go to WWE. He’s exciting no matter where he goes but I think he has a brighter future in AEW.
    Last edited by Swykk; 08-07-2024 at 04:18 PM.

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    In another time i would have say that the Lucha Brothers in WWE is a terrible idea, specially Pentagon, but under HHH i guess he will use them better than McMahon ever will, not excited, but in AEW they were doing nothing and stuck in trios matches.

Daniel Garcia is great, but i don't think he's WWE material, i guess they can gimmick him, but the guy is still young and figuring out his character.

Ricky Starks was great, AEW booked him great for a little while but they dropped the ball with him (not sure if it was because him leaving or because AEW fucked up...), but i guess he can shine in NXT and unlike García, Ethan Page and Lexis King he has the potential to be a main even player outside the developmental system.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    WWE never does Lucha right to me, Mysterio getting over was an accident - i really don't think WWE isn't the place for them.

But who knows, HHH is proving that he can make WWE compelling again. If they do go there though at least they'll be able to wrestle in front of a crowd of more than 500 people and not have to pretend there are people on the camera side of the house.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    In my opinion, Lucha doesn't work in WWE because they don't let the wrestlers go max Lucha in their matches. You can tell that WWE is so scared of injuries and shit they make the lucha matches tone down significantly.

Lucha Bros will sell hella merch for the kids if they go to WWE but if they want to keep wrestling the way they wrestle, they should stick with AEW.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    In my opinion, Lucha doesn't work in WWE because they don't let the wrestlers go max Lucha in their matches. You can tell that WWE is so scared of injuries and shit they make the lucha matches tone down significantly.
    True, however Penta and Rey aren't spring chickens. They probably know they need to ratchet their style down a notch or two if they want to have any quality of life in their later years. If that's the case, then why not secure the bag with WWE? And a Rey Fenix at an 8/10 speed is still going to be way crazier than most of the roster.

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I agree, Lucha isn't WWE's forte, but they have been looking the "new" Rey, for years now: Ultimo Dragon, Sin Cara, Kalisto, Dragon Lee; none of them could take the spot that Mysterio will eventually leave.

Rey Fenix is "closer" than Mysterio than Penta but i'm not sure if he can work as a singles main eventer (and if he has the required mic skills needed for the role).

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Man, the more I think about it, with the MCMGs probably WWE bound, it would be dope for HHH to reboot the Dusty Classic, but expand it to include TNA (the Wolves, the North, the Rascalz), NXT & main roster teams like DIY, the Uso's, etc. Add the Lucha Bros to the mix and you could easily create a thriving tag team division.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Well, it looks like (thankfully) Jacob Fatu's injury isn't too bad. Loved seeing he and Roman in the same ring and can't wait to see how this chapter of the bloodline saga unfolds.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Huckster at it AGAIN Brother!

I love that this buffoon keeps galloping into controversy then immediately screams uncle when he gets chastised over it. I am not offended by the video above because it's stupid and I don't care for Harris but it still comes across as single digit IQ to do this as a celebrity.

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Huckster at it AGAIN Brother!

I love that this buffoon keeps galloping into controversy then immediately screams uncle when he gets chastised over it. I am not offended by the video above because it's stupid and I don't care for Harris but it still comes across as single digit IQ to do this as a celebrity.
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Who would have thought that Racist, Lying, Hypocritical, Suck up, Steroid-abuser was a Trump supporter?
    Already posted this, i wan't exagerating.

It's so sad one of the most iconic wrestlers of all time is such a fuck up

What a joke of a person, he's now blaming alcohol for his "rant" (i don't think it's great for his beer brand BTW)

I always liked Randy Savage a lot more...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I never got into wrestling until just before the attitude era got rolling. Part of it was because my buddies in elementary school were super into Hulk; I thought he was kinda phony? IDK nothing really clicked for me with him. It wasn't until middle school when I was at a friend's place for a sleepover and I saw Golddust cut a promo ahead of the Hollywood backlot brawl with Piper that I was fully invested in a character and got interested in pro wrestling.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    I never got into wrestling until just before the attitude era got rolling. Part of it was because my buddies in elementary school were super into Hulk; I thought he was kinda phony? IDK nothing really clicked for me with him. It wasn't until middle school when I was at a friend's place for a sleepover and I saw Golddust cut a promo ahead of the Hollywood backlot brawl with Piper that I was fully invested in a character and got interested in pro wrestling.
    Read my second post in this thread on page 1 haha.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Yesterday's All In was awesome. I enjoyed every match.

In other sad news

https://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/...ho-Sid-Passes/

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    RIP Sid.

And agreed, I just got caught up on All In and it was mostly great. Not sure what the deal was with Britt and Mercedes or why Jack Perry is just continuing to do a Raven cosplay, but the rest was really sweet.
    Welcome to AEW, Ricochet! All respect to Swerve on a historic reign and at the same time, the American Dragon lives on! Really hoping him and Nigel get to tear it up one more time; Nigel got a huge pop out of me.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Toni and Mariah was easily MOTN for me, with Danielson and Swerve coming in behind that. I think AEW managed to top themselves from last year's All In. It was a great great show and the only match that didn't connect much with me was the Bucks match because it felt like they were just phoning it in the whole time, and I still don't understand why FTR and Acclaimed are in a feud together. Other than that it was a blast to watch.

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    All In was great, loved most of the matches and i'm glad Bryan is finally champion!

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    There’s something to be said for how well Mariah May and Julia Hart have progressed in AEW.

Speaking of which, I’m very glad Jamie Hayter is back.

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    There’s something to be said for how well Mariah May and Julia Hart have progressed in AEW.

Speaking of which, I’m very glad Jamie Hayter is back.
    Mariah May has surprised me a lot during his feud, not only she's attractive and has great presence, but also has proved to be great in the ring.

I also like Mina Shirakawa and Anna Jay, they are in the rise.

AEW women's division is very underrated.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Don't forget Willow and Stat too. The AEW Women's roster is probably the best women's roster ever assembled, but as much as I love AEW, I really fucking wish they'd book them to actually represent that.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Hangman just going full evil; CHOOSING it and embracing it, was excellent and I have no doubt that Swerve and Hangman will be match of the night. I’ll have to catch it on Monday probably.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Yeah man Hangman burning down Swerve's house was fucking AWESOME.

Top 5 AEW moment right there.

EDIT---

Some eagle eyed fan noticed that Swerve's childhood home has literally been in Hangman's new entrance video ever since he came back. Unreal story telling with the feud. One of the best in decades, for sure. I hope it never ends.
    Last edited by richardp; 09-05-2024 at 11:56 AM.

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    I loved the Swerve's house segment.

Also: i hope this Moxley stuff doesn't disappoint because they have my attention.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    All Out fucking RULED. Pac/Ospreay, Willow/Stat, Swerve/Hangman, all absolutely unreal matches. I wasn't sure if Swerve and Hangman would be able to top what they've done so far, but good lord did they. Two attempted murders in one PPV. LOLOL, TK wild for that one. I'm sure tomorrow will be flooded with "That wasn't wrestling, that was violent garbage" headlines, but naw, that was the best PPV of the year so far.