Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Pink Floyd

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I'm watching Roger Waters tonight, this will be my fourth time attending a show by him (I saw him in the "In the Flesh", "Dark Side of the Moon" and "The Wall live" tours, respectively).
    Some friends attended yesterday and they told me it was an unbelievable show (not surprised, he never disappoints...)
    I tried not to see the setlist since i like to be surprised but i couldn't help it, i wish he would play more songs from "Amused to death", but it's of course an unpopular opinion.
    He's also playing a free show on Saturday, in Zocalo (City main plaza and a political and religious centerpiece of Mexico), of course i'm attending...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    LOL an even bigger trainwreck than Bowie's version.
    I didn't think it was too bad.

I am glad to hear someone say Bowie's version wasn't very good, especially here. No idea what compelled him to sing that part so high especially when he had such a good lower register.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    ^ I dunno, but any time Gilmour drafts in a guest to do that part it seems to go badly off the rails.
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I'm watching Roger Waters tonight, this will be my fourth time attending a show by him (I saw him in the "In the Flesh", "Dark Side of the Moon" and "The Wall live" tours, respectively).
    Some friends attended yesterday and they told me it was an unbelievable show (not surprised, he never disappoints...)
    I tried not to see the setlist since i like to be surprised but i couldn't help it, i wish he would play more songs from "Amused to death", but it's of course an unpopular opinion.
    I was really shocked to see he had played Spoiler: two tracks from Meddle (as he's never done those solo before), and "Pigs (Three Different Ones)" which he hasn't done in years. Really good choices though, even if I agree he should play more AtD tracks.

Judging by fan videos of the first show, you are in for an unforgettable night!
    Last edited by botley; 09-29-2016 at 12:15 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

I was really shocked to see he had played Spoiler: two tracks from Meddle (as he's never done those solo before), and "Pigs (Three Different Ones)" which he hasn't done in years. Really good choices though, even if I agree he should play more AtD tracks.
    Oh yeah, i'm especially curious by Spoiler: "Fearless", since it's one of my favorite PF tracks ever, obviously i'm also avoiding all videos and clips from the concert...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    He's also playing a free show on Saturday, in Zocalo (City main plaza and a political and religious centerpiece of Mexico), of course i'm attending...
    How early should I show up at the Zócalo to secure a spot?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    How early should I show up at the Zócalo to secure a spot?
    The CDMX goverment recommended to be at least 3 or 4 hours early, since the show begins at 8 p.m.
    But if you want to secure a good spot i recommend arriving early, if you don't have something else to do in the day...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    From Brain-Damage.co.uk, in relation to his recent Mexican shows (and the upcoming Desert Trip dates)

In separate Waters news, he spoke at The Occupation of the American Mind premiere, and revealed that his proper tour, lasting a couple of years, will start at the end of May next year; he said that the shows this year (including the upcoming Desert Trip concerts) will be the only ones presenting the selected back catalogue material in this format - the 2017-18 tour will be an all-new show. More information as it is announced...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    http://rogerwaters.com/

New album teaser?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

"We are going to take a new show on the road, the content is very secret," said Roger Waters. "It'll be a mixture of stuff from my long career, stuff from my years with Pink Floyd, some new things. Probably 75% of it will be old material and 25% will be new, but it will be all connected by a general theme. It will be a cool show, I promise you. It'll be spectacular like all my shows have been.”

Further details on his official website. I hope somehow that this tour does not overshadow the release of his next album. From the tenor of this interview it would seem as if he doesn't have a solid concept nailed down for it, or he's keeping his cards close to his chest on this one. Hopefully some of that 75% will be from Amused to Death but I'm sure I'd be in the minority on that one.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Wow, great news that Nigel Godrich is serving as co-producer on his new recordings.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Wow, great news that Nigel Godrich is serving as co-producer on his new recordings.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    1300 tickets for sale starting at $75 on StubHub already for Saturday Chicago show, public sale doesn't go on sale til Friday. Hoping to get decent seats. :| Never seen him/PF before and definitely a must. Maybe they overestimated the demand for this.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It'll probably sell out. He's doing only arenas for the American leg which is smart. He only started doing stadiums once the demand was there for more shows.

I've decided not to get the big box-set, and will wait for the separate sets to come out next year. It's a shame we won't be getting Meddle or Obscured by Clouds in 5.1. Apparently (and take this with a grain of salt) Roger himself stopped those from being included at the last minute because of differences involving James Guthrie, who mixed Roger's Amused to Death and DSOTM and WYWH into surround. I don't know the whole story but someone apparently close to what was going on has spoken up online about it. I don't know, but I do remember the night before it was announced the leak that said those 2 albums in surround were part of the package, so who knows.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Hopefully this tour will have a European leg later on... I missed on Gilmour tour due to logistics and this might be my first (and only) chance to see some classic PF stuff live.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I'm sure it will though I guess it will be 2018 at the most before that happens.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Anyone know what the Ticketmaster presale code for tomorrow might be? Googling I see "DANCE" for Live Nation, and I got an email from PPG Arena (I have no clue why) in Pittsburgh saying "THEWALL".

^^^ I suppose THEWALL is a worthy shot. Not sure if I'll get anything decent but worth a try.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Sweet- THEWALL code worked. Got tix in sec 110 row 10 for Saturday Chicago.

Tickets are expensive as fuck though.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Roger is on today's episode of WTF with Marc Maron.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Roger is on today's episode of WTF with Marc Maron.
    Holy shit!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    I'm watching the Wall live on my new TV AND holy shit its like a religious experience. One of the best concert films I've ever seen.

This one
    , or this one?

Having now finally seen him live (Desert Trip), I really want to see The Wall footage - but the reviews of the recording from the recent tour seem fairly bad if you're looking specifically for show footage and not a sort of documentary.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    I cannot imagine he meant the Berlin show, that shit is cheesy af.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Some of it is, but some of it still holds up.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Sorry that I didn't specify. I meant the recent release. I thought the release was a good balance of both. Good documentary, great concert and David Gilmour + Roger Waters on Comfortably Numb? Hnnnnnng

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It was a really good interview, I think he even recited the poem I think he did at one of the Desert Trip shows. He seems full of ideas and inspirations, all fueled by what he sees around him, but not all negatively either.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The compilation arrived in iTunes this morning. I really dig the new Obscured by Clouds mixes. That has always sounded a little rough to me, and knowing they only worked on it for two weeks (with a Japanese tour in between) I've come to accept those rougher edges. But I'm glad that they've done a remix for it for the new set. Unfortunately it appears that we won't get the surround mix supposedly done for it (and Meddle, and presumably AHM too). It sounds like the rift between Roger and the band has now taken shape between James Guthrie (Roger's guy) and Andy Jackson (PF's guy).

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    My box set shipped from Italy on Friday, so hopefully it gets here next week. Meantime, I just found out that 2016 stereo and 5.1 remixes of Meddle are hidden on the Blu-rays in the box after all!! They're not accessible from the menu structure so you need a BD-ROM drive to access them, but I'll be working on that right away soon as it gets here.