Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'm not going to listen to anything until I can hear the whole album

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I wish I had your discipline.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I get the feeling that NOBODY is waiting for this album. Nobody is excited about this and nobody seems to really care that it's an "official" album. I agree that it should have been a bonus cd on the new Division Bell edition.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    I get the feeling that NOBODY is waiting for this album. Nobody is excited about this and nobody seems to really care that it's an "official" album. I agree that it should have been a bonus cd on the new Division Bell edition.
    If it was just untouched outtakes I would agree that it would have been better served as an extra disc on the TDB deluxe edition, but Gilmour and Mason felt strong enough about the material that it should be separate to the prior album. I highly trust their judgment about something like that too, they wouldn't just throw it out there as a cash-grab. The last thing in the world they need is more money, anyway.

Nobody here seems as excited for it, maybe apart from henry and void and myself and a few others. I'm not quite sure what you're basing that on, and I won't turn this into an argument because I'm genuinely curious as to why you think that. I think one thing the modern age has kind of dashed to bits is the mere idea of being excited about something, that it's cooler or more accepting to be cynical. I am almost humbled that I can say a Pink Floyd album of new material is coming out at an age when I can appreciate it. I know the music backwards and forwards. I've read nearly every word printed, seen as much video, and gazed at as many photographs about their history. I realize my expectations might be too high for this, but like I said I fully trust the surviving members intentions and their judgment as to why this should be released.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    It makes sense that this album "mirrors" "The Division Bell", i was a teenager when it came out, but i was pretty conscious of it's impact (that was very modest in my opinion). Most of the media were still recovering from all the "Grunge" and "Indie" movements and a Pink Floyd album did not seem to fit in the 90's scene, still i think "The Division Bell" made it's impact through time and after 20 years it has cemented his reputation and got his long deserved appreciation.
    I dare to say this is the same case; i don't know if "The Endless River" will end up being as memorable as "The Division Bell" (or any other PF album for that matter), but sure as hell it will be worth checking it out. Maybe it will be another "Gilmour album", maybe it will be it's own thing, i don't know and i don't care, but sure they have my interest, maybe over time it will become "memorable" as it happened with "The Division Bell".
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 10-31-2014 at 06:03 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    even if it is something that should really have only been released as B-sides I'd much rather have those B-sides on BluRay, which probably wouldn't happen any other way. So I'll be happy

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Guys, there's a song on it called "On Noodle Street".
    Last edited by botley; 10-05-2014 at 01:59 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    if someone played the above clip for me and didn't tell me it was Pink Floyd, I would have assumed it was some kind of Dave Mathews Band stoned jam band kind of horseshit.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Detailed song-by-song credits are now up on the Qobuz pre-order page.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Um, no they're not.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm actually very excited for this from a historical standpoint. I know this will not be an album proper, but should help round out 'The Division Bell' era nicely.

I'm hoping this is an album of outtakes, inserts, and abandoned tracks, similar to offerings available on Miles Davis' "Complete" boxsets. Those releases gave me a new respect for "lost" material.
    Last edited by Aywok; 10-05-2014 at 06:33 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    If anything this talk and thread make me want to listen to ANY Pink Floyd album.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Um, no they're not.
    Yep. Click on each title to reveal them.

Looks like Prof. Stephen Hawking is making another appearance.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Oh cool, thanks.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Rick essentially predicted this would come out, this is from his radio interview with Redbeard promoting The Division Bell in 1994

“We actually had four 90 Minute DAT or five or six hours of music. The hardest thing was to throw things out and decide what we’re gonna work on. So we had maybe 30 or 40 pieces of music and we worked on most of those. And then had to drop things we all loved – not knowing how the album was gonna turn out anyway! For example there are pieces that we dropped that I believe should be in the album now! But we had dropped: because we didn’t have any clear idea how the album would be. But they are not lost! They are in my head, They are in Dave’s head. They are going into my solo album, they are going into another Pink Floyd album or whatever!”

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    About time, was wondering when they would release it...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    "Louder Than Words" is okay. Lyrics are a little "lower sixth" as Roger would say but everything else lifts it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just heard "Louder Than Words." It's not terrible, but as expected, it's a lot more of that floaty, indistinct 'Division Bell' era noodling with some below-average lyrics up on top. Classic Rock stations will go batshit playing this ad nauseum before the album release, but is this song really going to have any legs past 2014? I doubt it.

I love the opportunity to hear new Pink Floyd as much as anyone here, but I think the low hum of the buzz for this album basically comes from an entire fanbase staying VERY cautiously optimistic, considering the details behind the origins of the music itself and the middling track record quality-wise of the previous 2 albums.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Track is nice, It's "generic 90's floyd" (if such thing exists), thought it would be much worse because all the reviews, i made some time to listen during my lunch and don't regret it.
    In a way, it's exactly what i was expecting considering all the factors...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Rolling Stone have put up new interviews with David and Nick. And Amazon have put up the full EPK.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    New track "Allons-y (1)"

just a few days away...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Its the most pre-ordered album of all time in the UK .... overtaken One Direction.

Makes one wonder how big a tour would have been.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Gilmour has made some interesting comments about the '94 tour and the reputation they'd gained as a stadium band. I think the frustration that Roger had felt in 1977 finally caught up to him, so between that and raising a family the band quietly went away until Live8. To be quite honest, I'd much rather have seen them as they were before Dark Side of the Moon. I'm glad to hear that he will do some dates behind his next solo record. Hopefully he has one date in the Midwest (Chicago most likely), if his last tour was any indication.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    If he does tour, I hope to see him. I know he won't play "Echoes" because Rick is gone. I just hope to hear some Floyd rarities.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    My copy is arriving Monday. I'm putting my foot down about not listening to anything from it until I have it in my hands. They are all about experiencing an album as an event in and of itself and I'm going to do my best to honor that.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Got it today (amazon.de), I have 820 km route to drive so let's see how it works. :-)

Edit: I didn't even know there's 5.1 DTS Master Audio 96kHz/24bit on BluRay with Deluxe? Nice. :-)
    Last edited by Substance242; 11-07-2014 at 07:51 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I've got the Blu Ray coming but I'm going to be away on business until Wednesday