Page 100 of 102 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 LastLast
Results 2,971 to 3,000 of 3060

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2014 Tour Discussion/Speculation

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    lololol epic troll bait right thurr

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Wow. 100 pages?! I'll almost be glad when the NIN/SG leg is over so this thread can finally die a peaceful death.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Wow. 100 pages?! I'll almost be glad when the NIN/SG leg is over so this thread can finally die a peaceful death.
    Since it's a discussion/speculation thread, the only thing that will end with the tour is the speculation aspect. You really think anyone is going to stop discussing the tour after the tour is over?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    What's wrong with this thread? It's just so people can talk about the tour even if they're not going to a particular show and not clutter up tour journals with people who weren't there

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Oh, the discussion and relevant tour talk have been great. I was just cranky with insomnia.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think it will make sense 'till we arrive to 1,000,000, dont you?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Who cares if a thread dies? Just don't go to it if you think it's stoopid.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    dont expect much from SG on this tour. Cornells voice sounds ***** shot to ****. this is from 2 months ago

Good gosh, lol..worse than it was in the 90s, didn't think it could be! Now I am kind of wanting some money back on my tix. What the heck. Never liked SG but that's bad!
    Last edited by Omega; 06-23-2014 at 07:17 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Good gosh, lol..worse than it was in the 90s, didn't think it could be! Now I am kind of wanting some money back on my tix. What the heck. Never liked SG but that's bad!
    FWIW, Cornell's fucked up voice is better than the lead from Health's on point voice. So I stand by my original statement: SG with a Chris Cornell that can't sing still > all the other NIN openers in the past 5 years

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    FWIW, Cornell's fucked up voice is better than the lead from Health's on point voice. So I stand by my original statement: SG with a Chris Cornell that can't sing still > all the other NIN openers in the past five years.
    NIN hasn't had that many other openers in the past five years? lol.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    NIN hasn't had that many other openers in the past five years? lol.
    health, mew, io echo, the bug, death grips, SSSC, whoever the fuck opened up for them for tension, etc.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    It's not good by any stretch but Cornell's voice ain't THAT bad. Fuck, imagine if SG fans pulled up YT vids of LITS 2008 after Trent got sick. Or go and search recent Tool vids and listen to Maynard.

People get old, sheesh.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    It's not good by any stretch but Cornell's voice ain't THAT bad. Fuck, imagine if SG fans pulled up YT vids of LITS 2008 after Trent got sick. Or go and search recent Tool vids and listen to Maynard.

People get old, sheesh.
    whoa whoa whoa now. Let's not get carried away here

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I'm not looking forward to Soundgarden anyway (though it'll at least be worth it if they play Pretty Noose -- do they ever play that these days?), but I don't understand why Cornell is playing guitar. It just makes him be way less good at the thing he's known for, while adding barely anything to the sound of the band. They need a backup guitarist and Chris needs to just sing. /armchair SG criticism from a non-fan

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    whoa whoa whoa now. Let's not get carried away here
    Comparatively speaking when said singers were in their 20's, of course. :P

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Comparatively speaking when said singers were in their 20's, of course. :P
    MJK can't sing Vicarious or HWAP anymore, but he's still fucking awesome singing APC + Puscifer songs.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

People get old, sheesh.
    other than Mike Patton, every other singer over 40 cant sing/scream like they used too (including TR)...but Cornell sounds brutal on the 2014 vids.....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    health, mew, io echo, the bug, death grips, SSSC, whoever the fuck opened up for them for tension, etc.
    Haven't even heard of any of these bands but I would take them over SG. LOL.

What Maynard sucks now? That's not good.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    You only say that because you haven't heard them. 30 minutes of this and I wanted to Erase myself. This was actually the highlight of the set right here:

No really, why the fuck do they even give the dude a mic?

And seriously, you guys would take death grips over soundgarden?

MJK can't sing the long brutal notes like he used to. To say that he can't sing is a massive exaggeration.
    Last edited by TheRealNs1; 06-24-2014 at 01:07 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

What Maynard sucks now? That's not good.
    Maynard hasnt been able to sing live in over a decade. Its well known that APC and Tool are shit live these days....as for The Bug, never heard his solo stuff, but he used to partner up with Justin Broadrick from Godflesh in this really sick band called Techno Animal back in the day. They also had a digital hardcore band called Curse Of The Golden Vampire

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'll just leave this here:

NOONE that was actually there that night could reasonably proclaim that MJK can no longer sing.
    Last edited by TheRealNs1; 06-24-2014 at 02:10 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Holy crap that last DG vid was bad! LOL. My bad, that is just crap. I will take SG over that and that's saying something. But I guess both will be on the tour, so one gets the best of both worlds, that's awful. Why are these bands touring with NIN? LOL...that's some funny crap. What the heck, it's like Blue Man Group meets Vanilla Ice meets Aphex Twin, with Vanilla Ice singing. No thanks.

Over a decade, Maynard? I doubt that.

Edit, the only ppl that can't sing in that APC video are those in the audience, LOL.
    Last edited by Omega; 06-24-2014 at 02:23 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I'll just leave this here:

NOONE that was actually there that night could reasonably proclaim that MJK can no longer sing.
    I was there that night!!!

Yes, Maynard still sounds fine with APC and Puscifer. He's lost quite a bit with Tool since some time after 10k Days for whatever reason- I understand it's not the same notes and that topic (he doesn't give a shit, mails it in for Tool, etc.) has been debated and beaten to death ad nauseum on forums so don't even feel like getting down there again.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I was there that night!!!

Yes, Maynard still sounds fine with APC and Puscifer. He's lost quite a bit with Tool since some time after 10k Days for whatever reason- I understand it's not the same notes and that topic (he doesn't give a shit, mails it in for Tool, etc.) has been debated and beaten to death ad nauseum on forums so don't even feel like getting down there again.
    Saturday or Sunday? Saturday = best day No seriously, you travelled from Milwaukee to LA for Cinquanta? Christ you're dedicated!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Saturday or Sunday? Saturday = best day No seriously, you travelled from Milwaukee to LA for Cinquanta? Christ you're dedicated!

Oh shit, my fault- didn't start the vid (just typing from phone during work break)- thought it was APC from Red Rocks back in '11. MJK sounded great that night, they were recording so he may have gotten a wee little bit of help. Sound wise it's probably the best show I've seen/heard.

Cant wait for Red Rocks in a month. Love that place.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Oh shit, my fault- didn't start the vid (just typing from phone during work break)- thought it was APC from Red Rocks back in '11. MJK sounded great that night, they were recording so he may have gotten a wee little bit of help. Sound wise it's probably the best show I've seen/heard.

so jelly, been wanting to make a trek out to Red Rocks for a show. It's like a top 5 destination for me, along with the Gorge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    FWIW, Cornell's fucked up voice is better than the lead from Health's on point voice. So I stand by my original statement: SG with a Chris Cornell that can't sing still > all the other NIN openers in the past 5 years
    Why you hatin on Alec Empire yo!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    you travelled from Milwaukee to LA for Cinquanta? Christ you're dedicated!
    Another dedicated Wisconsinite here, haha. I traveled from Madison for both nights; worth it! On the topic of Maynard singing though, one of my favs of the night(s) was hearing him sing Breathe. "Don't forget to breeatheee!" (Edit: good stuff is around 3:22)

On the topic of traveling to NIN shows, I too am looking forward to Red Rocks. Lucky enough to be hitting up both nights

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I keep coming across different people saying Red Rocks is incredible. What is it about this place that is so awesome? The rocks, yea they look cool as hell but it's more than that right? I'm going for the first time in July and want to know what I should expect?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    I keep coming across different people saying Red Rocks is incredible. What is it about this place that is so awesome? The rocks, yea they look cool as hell but it's more than that right? I'm going for the first time in July and want to know what I should expect?
    The scenery is incredible (that's an understatement)- located high atop Red Rocks park. I'm sure you you can google image the hell out of it. There's a few of my pics below when I was there a couple months ago for work and had time to kill before a flight. The ampitheater is open during park hours- you can even go on the stage.

Ive be only been there once, so can't make too much out of it, but it really was probably the best sounding place I've ever been to. Who knew a couple of huge slabs 'o rock would make for great acoustics?

Also not a bad seat in the house, with narrow seating and stepping theatre-like rows. Also have enough room for each person, it's a bit shoulder to shoulder but your seating area is about 2 large people deep.

Add that with a somewhat intimate crowd of 9500 and it's a must-go-to for music lovers.

From the stage...

Last edited by Krazy; 06-24-2014 at 04:44 PM.