Page 18 of 102 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2014 Tour Discussion/Speculation

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hey anyone know - between Norwegian and Danish, which one is easier to learn?

Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    No London, no Amsterdam, no Antwerpen?
    A pity...It'd be nice to meet you at last.
    The timing is better for the other dates. I would have done three UK dates incl. London but I was too slow and didn't get presale. And I'd prefer to go to cities I haven't been to yet. You can always go to Germany!
    Last edited by maryelle; 11-25-2013 at 09:58 AM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Yay! See you in Berlin aswell! I'll be there on my own by the looks of it so I'd be glad to catch up with some of you for drinks before the show! Go scared by the error page at first but a reload did the trick.

Kinda surprised that tickets are under 50€ as I expected them to be more expensive. 2007 was over 50€.

Prague and Vienna are still an option for me but I will have to wait a bit for those to make early plans for those weekends. If anyone plans on going to these shows and travels through Munich, hit me up!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maryelle View Post
    Hey anyone know - between Norwegian and Danish, which one is easier to learn?
    As an only-English-speaking American who recently visited both Norway and Denmark, my anecdotal experience is that I found Norwegian nearly impenetrable, and Danish slightly less so. So... slight advantage to Danish?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well this was the Riga arena but I just used this as an example since I'm waiting for the Helsinki presale to start in half an hour. I've never used this nin.com pre-sale so I have no idea how it works.. but I see that every other open pre-sale offers this "general admission" ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    As an only-English-speaking American who recently visited both Norway and Denmark, my anecdotal experience is that I found Norwegian nearly impenetrable, and Danish slightly less so. So... slight advantage to Danish?
    Thanks; not that I'm planning to become fluent before May but I like to learn enough to get around before I go somewhere. Although I think everyone there speaks English too? I just don't like English to be the first words out of my mouth.

I can't believe I got all the tickets I wanted. Head still spinning.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I just bought my presale ticket for Luxemburg. Antwerp has no presale, so I'll have to wait until friday.
    Very happy with the one I allready got! I'm going alone, so say hi to me if you see me .

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    Before you diss Phil, remember TR was friends with him and was a big Pantera fan, and even let Phil record his vocals at Nothing Studios and had him sing a few songs with Tapeworm
    My point being that they are two completely separate artists on either end of the spectrum. NIN is not just a traditional rock outfit. Trent is interested in all aspects of his brand including the presentation of his music. He wants you to live inside his art and not just blast songs in your face at high volume. As a fan of visual arts, I appreciate the level of care and quality and attention to detail Trent delivers with his live performances. He doesn't have to. He chooses to give his fans something more. An experience rather than a typical rock show. On top of that, he's paying for it himself! What other artist do you know that is equally as generous?

...oh, and I hate metal and southern pride, etc. So there's that....

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maryelle View Post
    Although I think everyone there speaks English too? I just don't like English to be the first words out of my mouth.
    Yeah, it's mostly just signage which might pose problems. 'course I had been staying with "native" friends in both places, so it's possible I had an easier time of it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Scandinavians speak really good English - totally opposite attitude to foreigners of English/French people.

All tickets secured. Piece of piss.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Scandinavians speak really good English - totally opposite attitude to foreigners of English/French people.

All tickets secured. Piece of piss.
    Which ones are you going to?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acidpolly View Post
    ok got a ticket to Berlin show. now I guess my May schedule is complete I wonder if anyone ever made it out of that "waiting room" to anything else other than an error page.
    The waiting room thing popping up several times gave me a heart attack, but after 30 seconds at the edge of despair I could enter my data and everything was fine.I scored tickets for Bologna, Berlin, Luxembourg and Zurich and will get some for Prague later on.All that I wanted, easier than I thought.See you there, I'll be solo most of the time and in need of drinking companions

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    We got tickets for shows between Amsterdam and Katowice

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    One ticket to the Helsinki show is mine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by konkelo View Post
    One ticket to the Helsinki show is mine
    Do you know are the "general admission"-tickets standing/floor in Helsinki, 'cause Harwall Arena use numbered tickets for seating on all shows. I would like to buy a pre-sale ticket for "standing only".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash512 View Post
    How come are the Paris tickets described as "Standing/Seated GA"? How exactly is the Zenith designed?
    I was quite surprised to see that as well. I've been to le Zenith quite a few times. It's set just like most venues I guess. Standing area in front of the stage, surrounded by rows of seats. But usually, you either get standing OR seated. Sometimes, seats are even numbered. This "Standing/Seated GA" looks weird to me. Got my ticket anyways

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Sorry to barge into your Eurofestivities here, but Lollapalooza Chile just mentioned on their Facebook that NIN's South American tour will be inspired by Trent's ideas for a "stadium" show.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...2088991&type=1

Has he given any hints other than "more electronic-focused" on Zane Lowe? First time I hear of this stadium business.

EDIT: well, so much for that
    https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/sta...57986928046080
    Last edited by FernandoDante; 11-25-2013 at 08:17 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    If they really needed to cut back on band salaries, they could probably get Gail-Ann Dorsey. She plays groovy bass like Pino does, but can also wail like Lisa.
    Great idea!I'd love to see her with NIN...she even has worn that J-P Witkin mask at shows before so she'd fit in just nicely...I'm all up for a revamped version of Closer anyway, it's about time!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Gah, just read the Buzzfeed piece. Australia's getting the stripped down experience again. The last time I saw them was Soundwave 2009 and that was crazy scaled down too. Kinda disappointed.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sa_nick View Post
    Gah, just read the Buzzfeed piece. Australia's getting the stripped down experience again. The last time I saw them was Soundwave 2009 and that was crazy scaled down too. Kinda disappointed.
    Agreed, I'm a bit bummed but at least we get QOTSA. I'm hoping we don't get something that's too similar to Soundwave 09 as that seemed like quite a cramped stage & it wasn't the most interesting light show.

Then again, I'm just happy to see them at all.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarazenvonWolfenstein View Post
    Great idea!I'd love to see her with NIN...she even has worn that J-P Witkin mask at shows before so she'd fit in just nicely...I'm all up for a revamped version of Closer anyway, it's about time!
    Just saw that mask (and the rest of her outfit from the "Dead Man Walking" video) today at the Bowie V&A art exhibit. When they were on tour together in 1995, Gail played bass on the weird spacey duet version of "Hurt".
    Last edited by botley; 11-25-2013 at 11:36 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    He didn't necessarily say stripped down. Just different.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yelper View Post
    Do you know are the "general admission"-tickets standing/floor in Helsinki, 'cause Harwall Arena use numbered tickets for seating on all shows. I would like to buy a pre-sale ticket for "standing only".
    Yeah I guess so. I bought that too so I hope that it is

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Dammit, post tension 2013 depression is starting to sink in.

After weeks of reading setlist after setlist, and listening to the many awesome recordings this community has given us, and reading the various reviews, watching the youtube videos and looking at the photos of the shows, it's kind of bittersweet to have it all end now.

Man, I seriously need a Nine Inch Nails intervention or something. The older I get, the more obsessed with this band I get. Shouldn't it be the other way around??

Trent just seems to get better and better as time goes on. His shows get better, his voice gets better, the music gets more tighter. I hope he never quits touring. I cannot imagine a world without going to a Trent Reznor/NIN concert in some way, shape or form.

I'll even take a Trent on a piano tour when he's in his 60s. Please, never stop touring!

2014 cannot come soon enough, goddamn I hope when he says "See you soon" (at the end of the Calgary show) he actually does mean he will see us soon and not just saying that. I'm gonna let you Europeans experience this totally amazing incarantion of this band now, but I hope to high hell this isn't the end of NIN in North America before he goes on another 5 year hiatus. Please let that rumored US summer ampitheatre tour be true. I'm gonna take these next 8 months as an oppertunity to start saving so I can huck more $100 bills at this man next year!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know whether it's been commented or not, but it's been rumoured that Nine Inch Nails will be one of the headlining acts on Primavera Sound Festival in Barcelona (Spain) 29-31 May and Porto (Portugal) 5-7 June. It's not confirmed yet, but apparently it's done.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Siren View Post
    cool, hit me up when you come for the Katowice show, we should get a beer beforehand! got my tickets too, can't wait!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    My advice would be to look about staying in Krakow rather than Katowice if you're planning on spending anytime over there. It's OK but just a average city really however Krakow is beautiful. I think it takes about an hour and a half on the train from Krakow to Katowice. I saw Pearl Jam at the stadium there in 2007.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hani View Post
    cool, hit me up when you come for the Katowice show, we should get a beer beforehand! got my tickets too, can't wait!
    Let's do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Twilight View Post
    My advice would be to look about staying in Krakow rather than Katowice if you're planning on spending anytime over there. It's OK but just a average city really however Krakow is beautiful. I think it takes about an hour and a half on the train from Krakow to Katowice. I saw Pearl Jam at the stadium there in 2007.
    Thanks for the tip. I've heard lots of lovely about Krakow, I used to organise business trips their for my former boss. Never had the chance to visit myself.

If a date in Spain was announced I will be happy. Barcelona would suit me perfectly, Madrid would be great too.

ANNOUNCE A DATE IN SPAIN PLEASE!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Let's do it!

ANNOUNCE A DATE IN SPAIN PLEASE!
    Primavera Sound Festival on May 30-31. Most likely.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash512 View Post
    Primavera Sound Festival on May 30-31. Most likely.
    Meh... I suppose. I'm not a fan of festivals tbh.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Me and my friends are hoping for a Spanish Pearl Jam date next year, the crowds there are amazing!