nice Wave Goodbye setlist! Oh wait

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    They definitely played Only.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona Radiata View Post
    They definitely played Only.
    Can't blame anyone for forgetting they did though...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    19 songs as the 'support act/coin toss losers' not bad!! Ryan - why didn't you stick around for QOTSA, seeing them tomorrow, or not a fan?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    did qotsa have their screen? If yes they could've merged their productions (qotsa using the hanging light beamers and nin using the screen)..

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This setlist would have gone down really well at the Soundwave festival I think

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails - 2014 Tour Discussion/Speculation

QotSA were well worth sticking around for. In fact, their screen and light show outdid NIN, plus they had five piece band (something NIN could have done with). Queens really outdid themselves, I'm impressed and i'm definitely far more a fan of NIN. I enjoyed certain things about the NIN set, but they were definitely nowhere near their best.
    Last edited by Flashheart; 03-06-2014 at 01:57 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Did Trent go down to the front for Piggy?

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Video of THTF. It's the only video I could find right now. Looks like they brought the Tension ceiling lights, which are in my opinion, the coolest set of lights NIN (aside from the screens) has used. The things those lights can do is pretty awesome.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I wonder how many people came for NIN and how many people came for QOTSA.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    new RITC download from Smores' 2-28 show is ridiculous... crazy good.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashheart View Post
    QotSA were well worth sticking around for. In fact, their screen and light show outdid NIN, plus they had five piece band (something NIN could have done with). Queens really outdid themselves, I'm impressed an i'm definitely far more a fan of NIN. I enjoyed certain things about the NIN set, but they were definitely nowhere near their best.
    Yeah, but Queens also played the same basic setlist that they've been playing for a year. So y'know.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Video of THTF. It's the only video I could find right now. Looks like they brought the Tension ceiling lights, which are in my opinion, the coolest set of lights NIN (aside from the screens) has used. The things those lights can do is pretty awesome.

Hell yes! They kept the Magic Panel lights!

You're absolutely rigiht, they're the best lights NIN ever used. It's absolutely crazy, especially during Copy of A where it looks like they're beaming onto the fucking Enterprise in Star Trek.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

Not sticking around for QOTSA.
    LOL!!! The same thing I did with Jane's addiction on NINJA.
    What's that Trent, you're gonna play first and not have me suffer through Jane's set? You really are a nice guy, thank you!

Though Queens isn't bad, i'd take them over Jane's anyday. Probably wouldn't stick around for the end of their set myself though.
    Good luck tonight though... I have a feeling They're gonna switch it up and Queens is gonna go on first and NIN 2nd for night 2.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Trent should stop touring with horrible bands (QOTSA/Janes Addiction) whats next, the Foo Fighters co headline tour? He should tour with someone good, like Faith No More

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    Trent should stop touring with horrible bands (QOTSA/Janes Addiction) whats next, the Foo Fighters co headline tour? He should tour with someone good, like Faith No More
    I just want everyone bashing QOTSA and JA to know that you just agreed with Bill. So there.

with that said though a NIN/FNM tour would easily make me cream my pants. But it's ok to agree with Bill when he makes his occasional positive comment about someone/something. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Especially since FNM isn't doing anything right now anyway so it isn't going to happen.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Faith No More sucks. Janes Addiction sucks. QOTSA is the only awesome one out of the bands mentioned here.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashheart View Post
    QotSA were well worth sticking around for. In fact, their screen and light show outdid NIN, plus they had five piece band (something NIN could have done with). Queens really outdid themselves, I'm impressed an i'm definitely far more a fan of NIN. I enjoyed certain things about the NIN set, but they were definitely nowhere near their best.
    Cool that QOTSA have gotten to this level of live awesomeness. Sad that NIN didn't outdo it.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brokenfragility View Post
    Faith No More sucks. Janes Addiction sucks. QOTSA is the only awesome one out of the bands mentioned here.
    I'm not asking this to get into a "my band is better than your band" pissing match. It's an honest question. How much have you heard from FNM? I ask because it annoys me that they're considered a one hit wonder in America when that one song isn't even remotely close to their best. Not even in the same ballpark. QOTSA and JA (and I like both bands) can't even hold a candle to FNM at their best.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    I can't wrap around my head how can one not stay for QOTSA. This band is beyond awesome. And you don't even have to pay or drive, you already there at the show goddamnit.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I can't wrap around my head how can one not stay for QOTSA. This band is beyond awesome. And you don't even have to pay or drive, you already there at the show goddamnit.
    Agreed.

But after seeing all the people who left when David fucking Bowie came on stage, nothing surprises me anymore.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rob Sheridan made an appearance on stage.
    http://fuckyeahnothinc.tumblr.com/po...were-basically

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    whats next, the Foo Fighters co headline tour?
    Or worse: OPENING for them!

Oh wait. That already happened.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Or worse: OPENING for them!

Oh wait. That already happened.
    really? When did they open for Foo Fighters?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    2007 in Ireland if I remember correctly. Didn't go myself.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    really? When did they open for Foo Fighters?
    http://www.ninwiki.com/2007/08/22_Dublin,_Ireland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm beginning to think that whoever booked six arenas in the UK has made a big mistake. They didn't sell out two arenas back in 2009 so I can't see tickets for six arenas selling too well. I'd figured that the only reason for arena shows this time round was to get the big production in but that is starting to look ever so more unlikely.

I'm just hoping that they bring something like the screens they used for the European festivals last year. I caught that setup in its only arena show (Milan) and it was phenomenal. I actually preferred it to the tension show I saw in LA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails - 2014 Tour Discussion/Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Cool that QOTSA have gotten to this level of live awesomeness. Sad that NIN didn't outdo it.
    Indeed. I think Queens were at the top of their game last night and...I think they deserved to headline, which is a sad thing to say as a NIN fan. Maybe if NIN borrow the Queens bass player and screen, they could be on a more even footing! Both bands were great though and NIN still delivered even if it was only half of what NIN was last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Did Trent go down to the front for Piggy?
    Yes. Yes he did.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Was the show interrupted by a Delta commercial?