Page 3 of 102 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2014 Tour Discussion/Speculation

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Not to be greedy but I really hope they play another date next year in the st louis/columbia area.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I just looked at the Lolla SA dates and Chile is the end of March while Brazil is in the middle of April. Someone's gonna luck out since I don't think they're gonna bum around South America for a month.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    I just looked at the Lolla SA dates and Chile is the end of March while Brazil is in the middle of April. Someone's gonna luck out since I don't think they're gonna bum around South America for a month.
    You're forgetting about three things: Other festivals in the area (Festival Stereo Picnic in Colombia comes to mind, between LollaCh and LollaBr), other cities that they may visit (local dates) and Lollapaaloza Argentina.

However, I may be clinging to hard for something that could not happen (again).

LollaCh will publish their lineup next Tuesday. We will see.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    A coin toss to determine the headliner every night, eh? What could possibly go wrong!?!?!?!?...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I assume they''ll have equally lengthy sets, the toss will just be to see who goes out last.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Alright, April seems like a lock for South America then.
    He's already said UK April, so I'd be surprised. Reckon Asia after Australia/NZ, then Europe.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    I shouldn't mention that they're playing my house, then?

Whoops...
    I am going to announce right now that a birdie told me that they are NOT playing in my backyard at any point in time over the next couple months to a year. They will not do so at all.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OchoBits View Post
    Latin America rumors keep getting stronger:

It will probably affect all three Lolla's, maybe we will get some local dates.
    I wish I had travel money now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Such cak dates. Only Saturday night gig is in Newcastle?!? And Brisbane and Sydney midweek...looks like a couple of days off. Oh well, could be worse. As I said to a couple of guys I met at MIA, they don't realise how lucky they get it when it comes to NIN.
    $125 for tickets. Add another $10 per ticket for arse licking fee. Sounds about right too for the most expensive country in the world.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    $125! Damn, that's a leap from the last time they played Australia. I suppose it's speculatorily possibly that this factors in the new light show as well as the increased crowd draw. If they do come to the UK on this scale (price and production) tickets are going to be 50% more than a Take That ticket and marginally less than a Kylie show. And production wise....Hm.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yep, about $100 from 2009. Surprisingly, I thought tickets would be more, closer to the $140. Which is fucking sad, but that's what we pay. I don't get why Australia charge so much for tickets.
    Here's an example, recently saw that a band from Melbourne called Cosmic Psychos were playing in LA for $12. Before they went OS, they played in Melbourne and charged $40 a ticket!! They are playing some more shows where it's $30 a ticket. That is a massive jump up in price for playing locally, compared to the US.
    I've still got NIN tickets from the '05 and '07 tours around 25 quid. Those were the days.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    $125 (GA) at Rod Laver for NIN + QOTSA with equal set times isn't bad at all.

For example: at the same venue Radiohead, Muse, Linkin Park/Stone Sour, Tool, Black Sabbath and Metallica were more expensive. To be honest I was expecting $150/160 but I'm more than pleased now.
    Last edited by jezstyle; 10-09-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    He's already said UK April, so I'd be surprised. Reckon Asia after Australia/NZ, then Europe.
    Well Zane Lowe said it. And I'm guessing late April then.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Triple M interview with Trent and Josh this morning discussing the upcoming tour http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/mus...ur-dates-2014/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    God that announcer made the interview awkward at times.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    $125! Damn, that's a leap from the last time they played Australia. I suppose it's speculatorily possibly that this factors in the new light show as well as the increased crowd draw. If they do come to the UK on this scale (price and production) tickets are going to be 50% more than a Take That ticket and marginally less than a Kylie show. And production wise....Hm.
    ...still not as good as LITS?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaned View Post
    God that announcer made the interview awkward at times.
    It really sounded like he barely did any research. His parting words of 'wish me a happy birthday' is gold star cringe-worthy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lolla Brazil confirmed their dates today: 5th and 6th of April. One week after Chile. Argentina will probably later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Everything points towards NIN coming to the UK in April, however, the band haven't confirmed this neither has TR- only Zane making the gesture. A million things can happen between now and then.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    ...still not as good as LITS?
    Better than LITS, but LITS ticket prices were cheaper than this - my Philadelphia ticket was $64 US

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    watching the australian/nz venues: at last, will they use the complete stage/visual set up (as tension 2013)?
    if so, i have good hopes for an eu venue tour with the complete visual set.
    this looks promising.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I hope there is a Dallas show next year. I love traveling to see them in places like Philadelphia and Boston, but my wallet sure doesn't.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    watching the australian/nz venues: at last, will they use the complete stage/visual set up (as tension 2013)?
    if so, i have good hopes for an eu venue tour with the complete visual set.
    this looks promising.
    Again going back to the Zane Lowe interview, he did suggest that Europe would get the full show. Can't remember the quote, sure someone will help out with this...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Better than LITS, but LITS ticket prices were cheaper than this - my Philadelphia ticket was $64 US
    Surprised you say that when you say 'and production wise..hm', or are you saying that Take That/Kylie have better shows? Haven't seen Kylie's but I've seen the Take That one, and I'd agree, it's a much bigger production. To me, Tension doesn't have the 'wow factor' of LITS, but I'll reserve judgement until I've actually seen it in the flesh.

If US tour tickets are between $50-$100 at present (picked LA Staples Centre at random) I'm expecting tickets in the UK to be between £45 and £60. So if you're saying that's 50% more expensive than Take That tickets, you're inferring that the best Take That seats sold at £40? Seems very unlikely.
    Last edited by simonn; 10-13-2013 at 02:15 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Again going back to the Zane Lowe interview, he did suggest that Europe would get the full show. Can't remember the quote, sure someone will help out with this...
    He (trent) specifically said 'all the trimmings' which I took to mean full production

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Zane mentioned it all, but Trent didn't confirm but he also didn't deny.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Not to be greedy but I really hope they play another date next year in the st louis/columbia area.
    I keep thinking about this as well too, I have posted about this several times but I would love for Trent to do what he did for the With Teeth and Lights in the Sky tours and have one big initial North American tour and then get second market areas on a second leg.

I'm sure Trent would love to give Chicago a proper non festival show so if Tension 2014 includes more NA dates, I'd like to think Columbia will get a date like they did in the fall of 2008.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Is there any evidence that trent will tour US again next year, or is it all speculation? I cant believe there was no Dallas TX date for Tension 2013.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    I will be in Japan in March of next year, and I am seriously entertaining the idea of attending the shows in Sydney and Newcastle.

That's going to be quite pricey. $125 a show, and then airfare, lodging and transportation. Not to mention that Australia is expensive as sin; I could be easily looking at a $2,000 hit just to pull that off.

But man, to see Trent and Josh kill it on a couple of songs together...that would be priceless. Another NIN memory to smile about all the way to my grave.

Not to mention all those fine ass Australian ladies at the shows

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone wanna take NIN 2014 guesses at US dates?

Im guessing 3 possibilities

1. Summer Amphitheaters with a QOTSA or Filter tour package
    2. Another Fall tour to finish out tour with HTDA in tow , with a I'm done touring NIN for "NOW" hype
    3. A night of NIN only