Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Just aiming for a thread lock eh boys?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    NIN is secretly Bruce Wayne.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    On a more serious note, for various reasons I wasn't at any WT era shows so out of all the shows I've been to, the only constant besides Trent is Robin. A show without him wouldn't feel right. I've seen multiple people at other spots on stage going all the way back to Vrenna , Wooley and Lohner. But there's always Trent and Robin.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Am I the only one who likes Robin's TBC? Also, any vids of Eater of Dreams/Pinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pinion/Eater of Dreams and Copy of A from last night:

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Come on Trent, play Everything tonight.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    So now everything has been played from Hesitation Marks except Everything.
    Last was the last song from Broken to debut live.
    And I'm looking forward to finally hear I'm Looking Forward to Joining You, Finally live.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    He has to leave something unplayed or we’ll have nothing to bitch about umpteen years from now.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeson View Post
    Pinion/Eater of Dreams and Copy of A from last night:
    what a way to open a show. please Trent, make it a regular.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona Radiata View Post
    Robin is NIN.
    + don't get me wrong, I'm all for some Finckster magic and I love him as a part of NIN, it's just him on TBCD 2013-2014 version that makes me cringe

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    That mix of Pinion/Eater reminds me alot of the Pinion/New Flesh from the Fragility tours, its cool to see that they did something similar again.

The best Pinion intro was from the TDS era shows though, all slowed down and then ran into Terrible Lie or Mr. Self Destruct. Now THATS a way to get the crowd excited.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    That mix of Pinion/Eater reminds me alot of the Pinion/New Flesh from the Fragility tours, its cool to see that they did something similar again.

The best Pinion intro was from the TDS era shows though, all slowed down and then ran into Terrible Lie or Mr. Self Destruct. Now THATS a way to get the crowd excited.
    It might just be because this is the way my very first NIN concert started so it's stuck with me but the best intro to me was the long drawn out Pinion, curtain down but lights flashing behind it so you can see a silhouette of Trent getting all melodramatic grabbing at the curtain and the like, then the burst of static, curtain opens with the banging drums of Mr Self Destruct..... good times.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    SICNH is back? Nice.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    It might just be because this is the way my very first NIN concert started so it's stuck with me but the best intro to me was the long drawn out Pinion, curtain down but lights flashing behind it so you can see a silhouette of Trent getting all melodramatic grabbing at the curtain and the like, then the burst of static, curtain opens with the banging drums of Mr Self Destruct..... good times.

Don't care if it would've been done a thousand times already, every NIN show should start this way...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Weird. From the setlist, I thought it was going to be Pinion and then Eater of Dreams, not a hybrid mash up kind of thing. I guess I'm into it. At the very least, it's interesting and new.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    SICNH is back? Nice.
    And man did it sound painful. IMO of course.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m33k View Post
    And man did it sound painful. IMO of course.
    Maybe they should invest in an autocue!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Maybe they should invest in an autocue!
    There was no saving that one. I give the man credit for sticking it out tho. Sounds like he might be coming down with vegemitis.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I really hope NIN is bringing something a little bit bigger to Europe than what we're seeing in AUS/NZ right now. I don't expect anything Tension like at all, but something more along the lines of the festival run would make me more than happy! Even though there was very little setlist variation those shows seemed so dense and complete, it'd be a true joy to witness these live.

On the other hand, I'd love to hear some of the rarer gems aswell, but I could do without any ghosts, HTDA or soundtrack stuff. Just some pure NIN with focus on the HM tracks (copy of a seems to be a staple by now which is good, but I'd like to hear the other tracks aswell, especially in two, satellite and I would for you) and maybe even a little bit more of WT (with the exception of only and thtf).

Haven't been around for a while so what's the guess by now on how the future continental shows will play out? Have any news surfaced if there is a change once again?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Not surprised that the big production had finished already. I reckon the odds of A 4 piece delivering are higher IMHO. The backing singers were weird, kudos for trying them though.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Anyone know how they're doing the coin toss? I see the tweets but never follow up tweets. Is everyone just supposed to take their word that a coin toss actually happened, and when do they announce it?

Enquiring minds want to know... (Sorry if I missed this somewhere else)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    I really hope NIN is bringing something a little bit bigger to Europe than what we're seeing in AUS/NZ right now. I don't expect anything Tension like at all, but something more along the lines of the festival run would make me more than happy! Even though there was very little setlist variation those shows seemed so dense and complete, it'd be a true joy to witness these live.

On the other hand, I'd love to hear some of the rarer gems aswell, but I could do without any ghosts, HTDA or soundtrack stuff. Just some pure NIN with focus on the HM tracks (copy of a seems to be a staple by now which is good, but I'd like to hear the other tracks aswell, especially in two, satellite and I would for you) and maybe even a little bit more of WT (with the exception of only and thtf).

Haven't been around for a while so what's the guess by now on how the future continental shows will play out? Have any news surfaced if there is a change once again?
    There's a month or so in between the Australia/Latin America and European tours and Trent has said a few times how he wants to keep things different on each leg of the tour to make things fresh for his own excitement so I think you'll be seeing something at least a bit different and them different yet again for the soundgarden tour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Anyone know how they're doing the coin toss? I see the tweets but never follow up tweets. Is everyone just supposed to take their word that a coin toss actually happened, and when do they announce it?

Enquiring minds want to know... (Sorry if I missed this somewhere else)
    not sure at what time of the day they do the "coin toss" but as soon as the venue opens it's evident who will be going first of the two as the stage configuration gives it away. nine inch nails went last in melbourne on friday, and i had a gut feeling they'd be before queens of the stone age on saturday and was right. 50/50 chance of getting it right though.

would be cool if they posted a video of them actually doing the coin toss.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Last show in Aussie land tonight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Closer is back !

edit : eeeeeeeeh I don't know who I should trust. The setlist just completely changed. http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-i...a-bc2c58e.html
    Last edited by Inkė; 03-17-2014 at 06:54 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So have they been doing kalopsia together?

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    No. No Kalopsia, no Mantra, no Era Vulgaris.