Page 45 of 102 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 3060

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2014 Tour Discussion/Speculation

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkė View Post
    Closer is back !

edit : eeeeeeeeh I don't know who I should trust. The setlist just completely changed. http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-i...a-bc2c58e.html

Sanctified

(With Sunspots tease outro)

(With Sunspots tease outro)
    Sunspots tease outro
    Sunspots tease

Sunspots
    HNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    sunspotsssssssssssssssss

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    What? They've been playing it since Tension.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...007#post173007
    Closer wasn't played. But the Hand Covers Bruise/Beside You in Time/Copy of A/The Great Destoyer sequence is pure gold.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Hippie Jesus beard. Lame ass '2000s GnR. Minnesota Vikings "jersey".

Should be in one of those kiddie "Highlights" magazines to circle 10 things wrong with this picture.
    hilarious that you're making fun of Robins appearance... of all the ensambles he has put together over the years you find fault with a random appearance, a beard and a Vikings shirt... Lol

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'd quite like to see Closer with this lineup, actually. Ilan running around and triggering samples and whatnot.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    I'd quite like to see Closer with this lineup, actually. Ilan running around and triggering samples and whatnot.
    It's kinda mind-blowing to think I was at the last show they played Closer...
    Fuckin weird.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    It's kinda mind-blowing to think I was at the last show they played Closer...
    Fuckin weird.
    MIA? I hadn't actually thought of that. I guess I was too. I'm sure it won't last though. He's stopped that song before and it always comes back. I'd be surprised if it's kept of the setlist of the upcoming Children's Trust Fund tour.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    MIA? I hadn't actually thought of that. I guess I was too. I'm sure it won't last though. He's stopped that song before and it always comes back. I'd be surprised if it's kept of the setlist of the upcoming Children's Trust Fund tour.
    Lol tell me you saw my post in the other tour thread... I said the same thing about the trust fund, too funny.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_k_f View Post
    Lol tell me you saw my post in the other tour thread... I said the same thing about the trust fund, too funny.
    Yeah I saw it.

and nod I can't blame Trent for it. If he makes money, he deserves it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah I saw it.

and nod I can't blame Trent for it. If he makes money, he deserves it.
    agreed.. Bro

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    awful? really? c'mon...
    i'll agree that North's BYIT version is amazing... but awful is a bit extreme.. also, i'll admit that this current incarnation of Finck's is not my fav. He seems to change it every tour. Go back and listen to something from LITS, then Wave Goodbye, Tension, now whatever this ones called... even this Bueno's Aires one is slightly different, perhaps the best Finck version IMOP
    I kinda of wish they would use the acoustic instead of electric for the guitar part...just me? Kind of like Finck does here:
    Last edited by pinata89; 03-17-2014 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Added video

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There's a month or so in between the Australia/Latin America and European tours and Trent has said a few times how he wants to keep things different on each leg of the tour to make things fresh for his own excitement so I think you'll be seeing something at least a bit different and them different yet again for the soundgarden tour.
    What are the chances that in the month between Oz/LA & European tours that there would be a one-off club show in the US, say late April? Might be used to either dust-off cobwebs, try new songs or integrate a new member (I'm happy with 4 or 5 BTW)?
    I'm pretty sure they've done this before.
    Be great to catch a smaller club show again where it's purely a nine inch nails gig

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by draven View Post
    not sure at what time of the day they do the "coin toss" but as soon as the venue opens it's evident who will be going first of the two as the stage configuration gives it away. nine inch nails went last in melbourne on friday, and i had a gut feeling they'd be before queens of the stone age on saturday and was right. 50/50 chance of getting it right though.

would be cool if they posted a video of them actually doing the coin toss.
    I'd doubt we'd see a video cos I don't think it's happening. Just guessing, but it could've been promoter pressure saying to put QOTSA on last at most of the gigs (apart from Melbourne/Sydney). From the shows I saw there were quite a lot of empty seats when NIN played first yet last Friday it was packed when QOTSA we're on first.
    I'm not sure why that would/should affect anything, but just a thought.

If they did toss though, Trent would suck as captain of a cricket side!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Have finished uploading all my videos from Adelaide and the two Melbourne shows.

Adelaide:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Q3wbolGALx3mz5

Melbourne 14th:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...vnSptnZXLoF0DT

Melbourne 15th:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...2swo0yigX0_b-e

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by umby1979 View Post
    From the shows I saw there were quite a lot of empty seats when NIN played first yet last Friday it was packed when QOTSA we're on first.
    I'm not sure why that would/should affect anything, but just a thought.
    Is that just latecomers though? How would anyone know who was on last?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm too lazy to search, but has there been any information how the european shows will be handled? Are there going to be bigger production or is it the same as it is now?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by konkelo View Post
    I'm too lazy to search, but has there been any information how the european shows will be handled? Are there going to be bigger production or is it the same as it is now?
    We're going to get a sole, flickering lightbulb hanging above the stage, and Rob will have a laser pen to shine into the crowd

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    agreed.. Bro
    Haters gonna grow all the more extreme.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    We're going to get a sole, flickering lightbulb hanging above the stage, and Rob will have a laser pen to shine into the crowd
    That's like some of the Hurt performances during the Perf. 2007 tour.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So since I've seen a few different people mention it more than once, what are the odds of NIN taking another break from touring after this year? Trent seems to be really back into it and hasn't said anything yet about slowing down, but at least half a dozen people are already thinking the NIN+SG tour is gonna be it for the next few years. Is that just because of the whole NINJA/Wave Goodbye touring cycle? Because that was after almost 5 years of hardcore, few-breaks-along-the-way touring.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    5 years of hardcore NIN touring vs 2 years of hardcore NIN touring, plus HTDA plus Beats plus film composing plus being a father. Big difference (especially that last one). I'm not predicting it will be as long as post WG (or post Fragility), but I do think he'll be slowing down.

I would like to see a small venue for the fans tour before his break though.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Its sad TR has slipped into Depeche Mode land regarding touring. I love DM, but all they do is play stadiums, arenas, amphitheatres playing greatest hits setlist....Would prefer if TR did a small scaled down club tour playing lesser played rare songs rather than these huge elaborate tours or co headline tours with other big name rock bands playing greatest hits every night..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I don't really see any evidence that there will be a ~4 year break or anything like that. I think some people are just extrapolating from their idea that NIN won't be releasing a new album any time soon, but I don't think there's any strong evidence of that either.

Personally, I hope NIN takes at least a short break from touring. Honestly, even as someone that is going to a summer NA show, I would rather that Trent was working on a new NIN album. (I'm only talking about the amphitheater leg, which is mostly in places that already got shows last year. Definitely not against the current world tour.)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    Its sad TR has slipped into Depeche Mode land regarding touring. I love DM, but all they do is play stadiums, arenas, amphitheatres playing greatest hits setlist....Would prefer if TR did a small scaled down club tour playing lesser played rare songs rather than these huge elaborate tours or co headline tours with other big name rock bands playing greatest hits every night..
    that would be great, but sounds totally unrealistic.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    But then what would you bitch about? You'd be lost and directionless. Trent is looking out for you.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rio de janeiro gig has been canceled

motherfuckers

stupid "logistics" bullshit excuse again

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Rio de janeiro gig has been canceled

motherfuckers

stupid "logistics" bullshit excuse again
    Ugh. I'm sorry man, that really sucks...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Would prefer if TR did a small scaled down club tour playing lesser played rare songs rather than these huge elaborate tours or co headline tours with other big name rock bands playing greatest hits every night..
    He did exactly that on the NIN/JA and Wave Goodbye tours.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    bill likes Depeche Mode, we fucking get it already, okay?
    Have you considered maybe going to one of their shows?