Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Rio de janeiro gig has been canceled

motherfuckers

stupid "logistics" bullshit excuse again
    Ugh, seems SA gets the shaft a hell of a lot

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elementroejoy View Post
    He did exactly that on the NIN/JA and Wave Goodbye tours.
    And considering how much people loved the small locations and variety/rareness of the songs, I think it would go over well if he did that again.
    I'm still bummed the WT club tour never came close enough to me, since that was the last time he played small venues that were in more than 3 cities. I only have 2 tour wishes: to see NIN in a club, and to see a Still-esque stripped down piano sexytime tour when Trent is too old to rock out properly anymore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anyone here think could be another fall tour in the US?, I mean there are some cities that are not included in the NIN/Soundgarden tour

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    ^^
    Sure. It will be called Wave Goodbye (For Real This Time) and will be entirely in Iowa.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Ugh, seems SA gets the shaft a hell of a lot
    I can only imagine how excited Trent will be playing Lollapalooza Brazil, in the country that was unable to purchase even 2000 tickets to a gig of his. For the second time.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Sorry, I haven't been following this thread. They're playing Lollapalooza in Brazil, but cancelled their show in Rio due to lack of ticket sales?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Sorry, I haven't been following this thread. They're playing Lollapalooza in Brazil, but cancelled their show in Rio due to lack of ticket sales?
    According to oficial sources it was due to logistical problems, again, you know Brazil is a big country.

What do you think?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrolok1 View Post
    According to oficial sources it was due to logistical problems, again, you know Brazil is a big country.

What do you think?
    Logistics, same excuse as the last time a solo gig of theirs was canceled here. Which means shit ticket sales again.

Except this time it seems that NIN.com, or NIN's twitter account, aren't concerned with announcing canceled dates.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Wow. It's only a 5 hour drive from São Paulo to Rio and there was a day off in between the two scheduled dates. Who made the "logistics" announcement, the promoter, ticket seller or someone from NIN? It does sound like a bullshit excuse since they only sold 2000 tickets to the headlining show.

It seems like the Lollapalooza dates and one-off show in South America were booked under the previous management team. I wonder if this is how the new management handles this sort of thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Wow. It's only a 5 hour drive from São Paulo to Rio and there was a day off in between the two scheduled dates. Who made the "logistics" announcement, the promoter, ticket seller or someone from NIN? It does sound like a bullshit excuse since they only sold 2000 tickets to the headlining show.

It seems like the Lollapalooza dates and one-off show in South America were booked under the previous management team. I wonder if this is how the new management handles this sort of thing.
    Like the new policy to sell NIN.com presale tickets.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    So since I've seen a few different people mention it more than once, what are the odds of NIN taking another break from touring after this year? Trent seems to be really back into it and hasn't said anything yet about slowing down, but at least half a dozen people are already thinking the NIN+SG tour is gonna be it for the next few years. Is that just because of the whole NINJA/Wave Goodbye touring cycle? Because that was after almost 5 years of hardcore, few-breaks-along-the-way touring.
    It seems MQ and the kids have been with him on the tours. I'd imagine once they are school age he might just tour in the Summer when they can come with him or give it up for a while until they are at the age when its lame to hang out with your dad. By then Trent will obviously be older too, so who knows about NIN's live future. I just hope he doesn't do another Wave Goodbye tour or something of the sort where he says its the last tour. Don't want NIN to turn into The Who or Cher where every few years they go away but ending up coming back.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Rio de janeiro gig has been canceled

motherfuckers

stupid "logistics" bullshit excuse again
    That really sucks, when was the Rio gig booked originally? Was it under old or new management?

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    It seems MQ and the kids have been with him on the tours. I'd imagine once they are school age he might just tour in the Summer when they can come with him or give it up for a while until they are at the age when its lame to hang out with your dad. By then Trent will obviously be older too, so who knows about NIN's live future. I just hope he doesn't do another Wave Goodbye tour or something of the sort where he says its the last tour. Don't want NIN to turn into The Who or Cher where every few years they go away but ending up coming back.
    Yeah, but when does it get lame to hang out with Trent Rizzo?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I mentioned to my buddy before the second Melbourne show that despite being a little spoiled for shows this trip in AUS, who knows if/when we will see them again, so we have to treat each one like the last. The different set lists each night (for the most part) certainly helped that too.
    I can never complain about the touring cycle. I have seen them 9 times since 2000 in Melbourne.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    If tonight's setlist for Auckland is correct, we're down to 16 songs now. Co-headlining really sucks. I'm glad Europe is getting solo headlining shows.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Well it was the same length at previous show Brisbane. (Don't tell me you count pre-recoded AWP and Hand Covers Bruise)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    That really sucks, when was the Rio gig booked originally? Was it under old or new management?
    No idea, but I think it was announced after the switch.

Sorta off-topic, but imagine my joy upon finding out that I can't get refunded for either of my plane tickets, and I have to pay $100-fee to cancel each of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Well it was the same length at previous show Brisbane. (Don't tell me you count pre-recoded AWP and Hand Covers Bruise)
    Alessandro isn't playing AWP??? If not, that's a shame. I'm not his biggest fan and I guess it's still up for debate how much of it was actually being played live but for the Tension shows he was definitely up there doing *something* while everyone else took a break and it sounded/looked like more than just pressing play.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is that just latecomers though? How would anyone know who was on last?
    Yeah, good point. Apart from the 2 Sydney shows where they said who was playing first a couple of days out and Melbourne where you knew they would swap each night, you only really knew who was playing once you got inside.
    Maybe Trent just kept calling tails - always fails. Looking forward to the backstage footage!

Maybe for the NIN/SG tour, Trent and Chris should scissors/paper/rock it to see who goes first, just to mix it up.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fist Fuck View Post
    If tonight's setlist for Auckland is correct, we're down to 16 songs now. Co-headlining really sucks. I'm glad Europe is getting solo headlining shows.
    Yeah, sort of relieved I'm missing out on the NIN/SG thing. Would hate to pay a bunch to only see one of the headlining bands on the bill and then have a shorter set.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    ya'll could y'know, try to enjoy a soundgarden show.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    I've given SG quite a bit of a fair chance; I've taken recommendations, I've listened to two full albums as well as looked at live footage, I've really tried to like them in the past couple of weeks and I just haven't been able to. If they're your thing then that is fantastic, that's awesome, keep on listening and enjoying and I'm happy you like it, but if you're like me and genuinely find nothing that suits your taste then it's kind of hard to enjoy something you don't like or connect with musically, vocally or lyrically.

Regardless of a shorter setlist I'm still excited to see NIN; I've not gotten to see a ton of shows like some fans and I'll take what I can get. I don't plan on booing or blowing SG off or doing anything childish, I just plan on sitting through it, hopefully liking some of it but really just seeing it as build-up to why I'm there in the first place (or, if they play after NIN, just taking it for what it is).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Still mad they are not playing in George WA, leave it to SG to mess up NIN not going there because SG already did.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I've given SG quite a bit of a fair chance; I've taken recommendations, I've listened to two full albums as well as looked at live footage, I've really tried to like them in the past couple of weeks and I just haven't been able to. If they're your thing then that is fantastic, that's awesome, keep on listening and enjoying and I'm happy you like it, but if you're like me and genuinely find nothing that suits your taste then it's kind of hard to enjoy something you don't like or connect with musically, vocally or lyrically.

Regardless of a shorter setlist I'm still excited to see NIN; I've not gotten to see a ton of shows like some fans and I'll take what I can get. I don't plan on booing or blowing SG off or doing anything childish, I just plan on sitting through it, hopefully liking some of it but really just seeing it as build-up to why I'm there in the first place (or, if they play after NIN, just taking it for what it is).
    I like their hits, but honestly did not start listening to their live stuff/albums until I heard they were touring with NIN. I mean who knows? I didn't listen to Janes before NIN/JA either; when I got home from those shows, I started listening to Janes.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    I think Jane's Addiction have left a scar.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I love Hand Covers Bruise into Beside You In Time...

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tonights setlist looked really good. Eater of Dreams into Wish!

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    All right, I take this back. A video above confirms that TR at least plays the piano part in Hand Covers Bruise live.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    So the NME tweeted that the UK tour will be 'aggressive and low key' - BUT when you read the actual quotes in the article, in typical Trent fashion, all he's doing is saying what's going on now in Aus and that each leg will be different. So I feel none the wiser about what's in store (although saying you are doing a low key arena tour is not a brilliant way to sell tickets IMO!)
    http://www.nme.com/news/nine-inch-na...m_campaign=NIN

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    So the NME tweeted that the UK tour will be 'aggressive and low key' - BUT when you read the actual quotes in the article, in typical Trent fashion, all he's doing is saying what's going on now in Aus and that each leg will be different. So I feel none the wiser about what's in store (although saying you are doing a low key arena tour is not a brilliant way to sell tickets IMO!)
    http://www.nme.com/news/nine-inch-na...m_campaign=NIN
    ummmmm.... The article is wrong right from the start. The 8 piece version never played there.