Page 46 of 100 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 3060

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2014 Tour Discussion/Speculation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What are the chances do you think that a second Vegas show gets added on the Friday? (Mostly wishful thinking on my part) It doesn't look like Britney is there in July so seems like it would be do-able since that is kicking off the Summer leg.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Binky007 View Post
    What are the chances do you think that a second Vegas show gets added on the Friday? (Mostly wishful thinking on my part) It doesn't look like Britney is there in July so seems like it would be do-able since that is kicking off the Summer leg.
    I like your thinking! I'll already be there. No plans other than hanging out with some friends so that would be great!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Binky007 View Post
    I was actually hoping since there is no goddamn Pacific Northwest (Seattle, Vancouver BC, Oregon) show they would get locked in as a headliner for the supposive Pemberton Music Festival in Pemberton BC (July 18-20) that seems to be struggling putting a lineup together. This festival is on the verge of getting cancelled because they can't get a headliner. I actually took a HUGE risk and bought early bird tickets to this festival when they went on sale last November with the gamble that NIN would play, since it fell in line with their rumored North American Summer tour, thought they might play the festival again since they played it back in 2008.

Guess that was extreme wishful thinking as now the festival might actually be cancelled altogether. The promoters were supposed to release the lineup at end of January and they have been toying with their fans since then. Nobody can get a straight answer out of anyone in the camp (Huka Entertainment) and the festival is supposed to start in less than 4 months.

Now we're probably gonna have to fight tooth and nail to get a refund, and these tickets weren't cheap... $300 each. They really saw us coming and laughed all the way to the bank. People who invested in the festival are beyond frustrated and pissed off.

Well, lesson learned... i'm never buying tickets for a festival before the lineup is released. I considered since Lollapalooza, Outsidelands and other well respected festivals always do the early bird presales before the festival lineup comes out, it was a safe bet this company would pull through as well. Guess they realized they couldn't compete with Livenations Squamish festival (which invested 12 million in talent, including Arcade Fire, Eminem and Bruno mars) just 2 weeks later in Squamish BC and pulled the plug on the festival, but they are too afraid to admit it.

At this point it's virturally impossible to even remotely HOPE that NIN will make an appearance at Pemberton (assuming it's still on), as it would be rather difficult to get from Pemberton, BC to Vegas over night, not impossible, but they would be strapped for precious time they could be using to reherse and get their shit together for their first official show of the tour.

They'd have to play an incredibly stripped down show if that was the case, basically bring their instruments and rely on whatever lights the stage had, because they wouldn't have time to bring in a full blown production.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 03-21-2014 at 12:18 AM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Pemberton has annoyed me too this time around. Luckily, I didn't get the early tickets, but came close to it. There was rumors the lineup was going to come out in early March but that didn't happen. The lineup is going to suck and the whole festival will tank, which is too bad.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    Pemberton has annoyed me too this time around. Luckily, I didn't get the early tickets, but came close to it. There was rumors the lineup was going to come out in early March but that didn't happen. The lineup is going to suck and the whole festival will tank, which is too bad.
    It is too bad, the first festival was AWESOME! It was my first festival, and I only went because of NIN, but I ended up having alot of fun. So when I found out last fall that it was coming back, I was so stoked. I think it was nostalgia that got the best (worst) of me, and made me jump the gun on buying the early bird tickets without the lineup. To make matters worse, I begged and convinced 2 friends til I was blue in the face that this is going to be an amazing festival and to buy tickets to it, they were skeptical, especially with no lineup, and I don't blame them. They finally caved in and told me to get a ticket for each of them, and then I bought for my girlfriend as well, so that makes 4 $300 tickets I purchased at the early bird presale...

Now i'm out $1200, as it's almost April and still no lineup. If there is going to be a lineup at all, it's going to be some small little dinky fest with no big name talent. They don't have enough time to sell the fest at this point. Really is a shame, I spent months convincing people it was an awesome festival and even booked my vacation time for the festival, when I could have used it for something else later in the year.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    That is horrible! The promoters should feel some obligation to those who bought tickets to let them know what the hold up is. Maybe some free concessions for early bird ticket holders. I have been thinking Rock the Shores or Rifflandia if they have good lineups. If not then maaaaaaybe Squamish but there is only a few bands there I'm interested in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So far it seems a lot a people are going to Vegas a few days before. I'm coming in on Friday. Let's send out some vibes for a Friday show!!

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    4 shows in 4 days, I don't think NIN has ever done that. Unless they add the show on the 18th.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RITCNIN View Post
    4 shows in 4 days, I don't think NIN has ever done that. Unless they add the show on the 18th.
    How about 7 shows in 7 days on the Hate tour?

Even Fragility 2.0 had a 6 shows in 6 days run.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Has it mentioned yet if we are allowed to camcord the shows being it's all outdoor shows like the NINJA tour?

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    According to setlist.fm The Eater Of Dreams opened the Wellington show, but no mention of Pinion. Was TEOD performed by itself without the Pinion mash-up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    According to setlist.fm The Eater Of Dreams opened the Wellington show, but no mention of Pinion. Was TEOD performed by itself without the Pinion mash-up?
    i'm guessing it was the mash because they went straight into wish.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Fixed it in that case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looking at how random the HTDA tracks have been dropped in through the Australian tour, I'm wondering if anything will happen in the UK and will be gutted if can't be at the 'right' show for this. I have tickets for Manchester and Nottingham. Just thinking this could end up being London or even Cardiff, Glasgow. No way of knowing though, and, I'm just even speculating that MQ will travel for the UK leg. Some 'surprises' would be good though

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sore_and_crucified View Post
    Looking at how random the HTDA tracks have been dropped in through the Australian tour, I'm wondering if anything will happen in the UK and will be gutted if can't be at the 'right' show for this. I have tickets for Manchester and Nottingham. Just thinking this could end up being London or even Cardiff, Glasgow. No way of knowing though, and, I'm just even speculating that MQ will travel for the UK leg. Some 'surprises' would be good though
    I'd be surprised if Q+the kids didn't come to Europe too, unless she's going to be working on HTDA stuff from home - but considering Trent made YZ almost entirely on the road, I imagine the tech he had could be shared with Mariqueen.

And hey htda, still totally cool to announce a surprise London show for HTDA on the 22nd. Look at that free spot. Look how free it is. With all the lack of things.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    And hey htda, still totally cool to announce a surprise London show for HTDA on the 22nd. Look at that free spot. Look how free it is. With all the lack of things.
    Don't want to get hopes up only to be dashed! Although me going to that could be payback for my husband forgetting to put the Cardiff show in his work diary and arranging to talk at a fucking conference on that day, I mean what are the odds! Now I've got to try and blag my parents to come down and look after the kids for me, and we don't have masses of family living nearby, I was fucking livid

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Considering going to Birmingham as well as London, but looking too expensive at the moment.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I miss 2007 when tickets were £25 each and you could do 15 dates in 3 weeks for under £400.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Hoping the international Lollapalooza shows are streaming in a few weeks. Apparently they did last year, I think. If not then we'll atleast get some pro shot footage out of it regardless.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Well, this just in... the 2nd weekend for the Sasquatch festival planned in George, WA at the Gorge for July 4th weekend has been cancelled.

http://www.ssgmusic.com/2nd-weekend-...2014-canceled/

This basically means Soundgarden do not have a Washington state show planned for July, it seems the radius clause that prevented a NIN/SG Washington state show from occuring may have been lifted. I wonder if this means they will add a Washington state show now before the Vegas show or after the Hollywood show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Well, this just in... the 2nd weekend for the Sasquatch festival planned in George, WA at the Gorge for July 4th weekend has been cancelled.

http://www.ssgmusic.com/2nd-weekend-...2014-canceled/

This basically means Soundgarden do not have a Washington state show planned for July, it seems the radius clause that prevented a NIN/SG Washington state show from occuring may have been lifted. I wonder if this means they will add a Washington state show now before the Vegas show or after the Hollywood show.
    do it do it

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Only no longer has live drums and has Ilan playing bass at the front of the stage instead. I really liked the version from the 2013 festival shows, too.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    TR's last Instagram: "Thank you so much Australia and New Zealand. Thanks #qotsa #brodydalle. Let's do this again."

Stop toying with my emotions. :P C'mon, September

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The Rio date is still up on http://tour.nin.com/ . Is that usual? Don't cancelled dates usually get pulled from the site quickly?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    The Rio date is still up on http://tour.nin.com/ . Is that usual? Don't cancelled dates usually get pulled from the site quickly?
    Budapest and the other cancelled European dates had been pulled from the site almost immediately.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laci View Post
    Budapest and the other cancelled European dates had been pulled from the site almost immediately.
    Ah, never mind. It's been pulled. Quietly, as all the other ones, of course.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So did Trent join Josh on stage for some songs or did that not happen at all?

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    If he did, it would be all over ets by now. Nope.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So, how many and which shows did NIN open/close? Did anyone make a list or something?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    For those not visiting the Aussie DVD thread, some videos I've uploaded so far. Note Rob filming during Letting You:

More to come.