Page 51 of 102 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 3060

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2014 Tour Discussion/Speculation

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Anyone getting video?
    Video is being got. It might take a bit before it is posted though.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    What did he just say? I heard *mumble mumble mumble mumble*

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I can't believe how new and interesting these songs sound after hearing them so many times at the 2013 festivals and Tension shows (or earlier).

LOL @ the people complaining about boring setlists.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    What did he just say? I heard *mumble mumble mumble mumble*
    To me it sounded like, "that's how audience participation works."

Also, it sounded like the "everything is not OK!!" part just got fucking yelled out. Sounds like an awesome crowd, though it's hard to tell for sure without seeing

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Goddamn I know it gets a ton of hate or at least a bored response from a lot of people, but I absolutely love how Disappointed sounds. It just builds and builds and builds before deconstructing itself, and it's fan-fucking-tastic.
    Ya know, when I first heard that song live before the album came out, I thought it was the worst song ever. Even after the song came out and I heard the studio quality, I was still very unimpressed. Finally after hearing it 5 times live and about 50+ times on the record, the song FINALLY clicked with me maybe a month ago or so, and it's one of the few songs I actually CRAVE to listen to now when I want to hear a song from Hesitation marks.

Very funny how a song can take a total 180 on you like that. Like I really hated that song, lol.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    "this is from hesitation marks"

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    They are seeing audio. Lots and lots of audio.... on a Coca Cola app. :|
    This show better end with Rob coming on-stage and opening a glass bottle of Coke that Trent sips from and makes the classic "Ahhhh" sound from those old Coke ads or Pepsi ads or whatever they were.

Instead of lights they probably have stagehands with two-liter bottles shaking them up with Mentos and shooting the foam out onto the crowd, like Rammstein's giant penis cannon but instead it's a huge Coke bottle that Allesandro has a synth mounted on. Trent goes to put on his leather jacket mid-set like he's been doing for a while but instead of being pure black it's like a NASCAR driver's jacket but with nothing but Coca-Cola patches sewn into it. Instead of a microphone Trent's singing into an empty bottle of Coke that's wired for sound. The bass-line in All Time Low right now is actually Morse code for "Be sure to drink your Coke." They're gonna rerelease Year Zero as Coke Zero and the Presence will be handing the person in the car a bottle of Coke Zero.

I don't know why I'm putting so much thought into this.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    The app is broadcasting video. They're just performing the entire show behind a screen with a Coca-Cola bottle on it.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    I can't believe how new and interesting these songs sound after hearing them so many times at the 2013 festivals and Tension shows (or earlier).

LOL @ the people complaining about boring setlists.
    Gotta agree- sounds really damn good tonight. I'm one of the critics against HM but everything is really gelling tonight from the sound of things. Like the songs a shit ton better without the back ups.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Very funny how a song can take a total 180 on you like that. Like I really hated that song, lol.
    Strange how that works, huh? Some of my fav songs and even albums of all time have come about that way. Like 100+ listens.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    They're just performing the entire show behind a screen with a Coca-Cola bottle on it.
    For some reason that made me lol.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The app is broadcasting video. They're just performing the entire show behind a screen with a Coca-Cola bottle on it.
    He did say he was going to mix it up between legs, as far as production. Technically, depending on your definition of "production," that would count, I suppose.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    burn

≈quemar (verb)

burn verb conjugation
    sustantivo
    1. arroyo (m) (stream) (inglés de Escocia)
    Copyright Đ 2006 Harrap Publishers Limited

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    This show better end with Rob coming on-stage and opening a glass bottle of Coke that Trent sips from and makes the classic "Ahhhh" sound from those old Coke ads or Pepsi ads or whatever they were.

Instead of lights they probably have stagehands with two-liter bottles shaking them up with Mentos and shooting the foam out onto the crowd, like Rammstein's giant penis cannon but instead it's a huge Coke bottle that Allesandro has a synth mounted on. Trent goes to put on his leather jacket mid-set like he's been doing for a while but instead of being pure black it's like a NASCAR driver's jacket but with nothing but Coca-Cola patches sewn into it. Instead of a microphone Trent's singing into an empty bottle of Coke that's wired for sound. The bass-line in All Time Low right now is actually Morse code for "Be sure to drink your Coke." They're gonna rerelease Year Zero as Coke Zero and the Presence will be handing the person in the car a bottle of Coke Zero.

I don't know why I'm putting so much thought into this.
    OMG. That's brilliant. Thank you for putting so much thought into it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pwing47 View Post
    Tension made an impression on me, because everytime I hear this track now (Disappointed) all I can see in my head is the amazing 3-layered mind-blowing screen setup that they did for this. I think it was so good that it made me actually fully appreciate the song instead just kinda like it.

Wonder what the audience in Mexico City is seeing right now.
    I agree 100% saw it at Barclay's and made me love it. My boy was into it immediately. When I saw it live I was hooked. Even the vevo video looks awesome.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Whoever is updating the setlist.fm is on top of this thing. I think maybe the first 2 seconds of Me, I'm Not had been played before the setlist was updated.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    It's weird to see Me, I'm Not without some kind of green video visual.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    In honor of the Philadelphia 76ers, Trent should play "Suck".

Cool intro to Me I'm not BTW- don't think I've heard that before.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    You know, looking at the setlists from Australia, I was among those that thought they were looking a little boring. But, listening to this stream, I realize it doesn't really matter which songs they play if they play the hell out of them like this. This performance sounds great. Period.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FeelBetterINC View Post
    When I saw it live I was hooked. Even the vevo video looks awesome.
    My friend and I, who were about 10 feet from the screen, both thought we had gone blind for a second after the first white flash that it did during the song. I kinda wish I had a chance to see the whole thing from further back, though. But then again, it's not like I regret getting rail

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Whoever is updating the setlist.fm is on top of this thing. I think maybe the first 2 seconds of Me, I'm Not had been played before the setlist was updated.
    I wonder how much lag the stream has.

Only my way to find out is if someone is actually there and uninterested enough to actually check the stream compared to live show.

Ive vey got too much time on my hands tonight.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Strange how that works, huh? Some of my fav songs and even albums of all time have come about that way. Like 100+ listens.
    I know. Albums I have hated at first have grown on to me to become albums I would put in a top 30 list of all time. Very strange indeed. The Fragile was one of those albums. When I first got it back in 1999 I had it on repeat for hours on day one just to try and "get into it" and I had such a hard time, it was such a departure from TDS. However, over the years that has taken top spot for my fav NIN album.

On the other hand, the opposite effect happens with songs you love right away as well. I find if I like a song RIGHT away, like the instant I hear it, the more I listen to it, the more tired I get of it. So it's strange how the opposite effect is applied to a song you like right off the bat.

Also, The Great Destroyer live= FTW! Love this track live! I hope he keeps it around for the NIN/SG shows!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Much needed visual element due to lack of stream:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Haha pretty funny dude.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Ive vey got too much time on my hands tonight.
    Not sure if typo

Or trying to start speaking Mexican and failing

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    It's weird to see Me, I'm Not without some kind of green video visual.
    I heard the green.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    *squeee* TGD

Edit: WTF! *<3 <3 <3 love <3 <3 <3
    Last edited by m0reta; 03-28-2014 at 12:11 AM. Reason: NO!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Not sure if typo

Haha!!! Yeah typo. Or is it seņor?... o_O

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Ok. After this amazing TGD I think I can go to sleep. Holy fuck they better keep this song around for the SG tour.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Not sure if typo

No, Ive vey sounds a lot like Jew-speak to me.

Oh and an update I received via Twitter is that they came out on stage on the backs of the Coca-Cola seasonal polar bears.