Page 95 of 102 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,850 of 3060

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2014 Tour Discussion/Speculation

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastentrance View Post
    That's great, although no idea what point Bill is making!
    Yeah but it's not like he's known for his sterling clarity these days either

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Yeah but it's not like he's known for his sterling clarity these days either
    Well if one looks at his nin.com posts he's progressing at a rate that'll get himself into high school by the next NIN album.

Don't hate, appreciate BP! :P

(this is all in jest(sp?), I don't recall him ever "attacking" a member here so all in fun)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fist Fuck View Post
    It's weird though, because there are two South American live streams from this year, and there's little to no production. Must have a reason, maybe has to do with the upcoming live release or his general hatred for Germany/Europe.
    Oh, come on! ( . . There must be a reason, maybe has to do with the 12 kittens Trent sacrificed on stage that day. Maybe. )

I do, however, think that bigger shows (as unrealistic and expensive that would be) would have an effect. Just look at Rammstein, Germany's biggest band. They're known for their huge stage production, you just have to have seen a Rammstein show. If I ask anyone from North America, they'd probably say the same about NIN, but not here.
    I could see how having a big production could make some difference, but I don't really see how having an impressive arena show would attract a large group of people to see a festival show without that production. I mean, it's possible, but it wouldn't exactly be something to shoot for.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    First time I've seen that, I was at the earlier Leeds show. How interesting. Well I completely doubt that's the case with this round of shows, Primavera show was preferable to the big production, and lights were still great!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    All credit goes to @nothing8 for finding and screencapping it; bill mentioned it in the random nin thoughts thread

This is bill's summary from that thread:

"Trent told me to go fuck myself on that forum after Apple rejected the NIN iphone app and he was ranting all over the forums about it.......It was beautiful"

Link to specific thread:
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/139-Random-NIN-Thoughts/page153

I think it's funny that Axl was a NIN fan and "poaching" former NIN members at some point.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Well if that's the case who really knows why the stream didn't happen. Here's the latest IG photo and looks like full Euro/UK production, I haven't been keeping up with all the recent shows but I'd assume both 'Ring festivals got the same treatment...

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    How many times this year has TR mangled the lyrics to TGD? I know it started in Tokyo, but I just heard the Zurich recording and he completely tripped over nodding your head and watching with those shiny satellites.

Looking at the IG, it seems the Rock im Park cameras were active during NIN's set. Perhaps a recording might sneak out on the bootleg circuit.
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 06-07-2014 at 11:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    his general hatred for Germany/Europe.
    He does not hate the 800 million people in Europe or hate Germany (which is probably the coolest country in the world in 2014) and has not brutally condemned our culture, Georgraphy, way of life or civilization, (only our food and bipolar weather) stop being over dramatic. his team have found it hard to judge NINs size here, which fluctuates yearly. Its grueling touring Europe definitely especially if its for two months like the 2007 tour. And then you have to play all those awful heavy metal festivals which stink of shit and piss and the food gives you cancer, and where only 10 percent of the people want to see NIN.
    I think his European experiences would have been better had he been able to have a better communication with the continent, in the UK over the past 25 years it has been easier than say France or Germany or Italy or Russia but then booking 6 Arenas in the UK for NIN to play was absurd, when most of them were around 50 percent capacity. Something is not right. Its always been a weird situation with NIN, they have a cult following here are big in the U.S across the pond but with terrible record labels, shady managers, long absences from the industry, general bad communication with whats going on here its hard to judge what to do.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InnerLondon Skywave View Post
    He does not hate the 800 million people in Europe or hate Germany (which is probably the coolest country in the world in 2014) and has not brutally condemned our culture, Georgraphy, way of life or civilization, (only our food and bipolar weather) stop being over dramatic. his team have found it hard to judge NINs size here, which fluctuates yearly. Its grueling touring Europe definitely especially if its for two months like the 2007 tour. And then you have to play all those awful heavy metal festivals which stink of shit and piss and the food gives you cancer, and where only 10 percent of the people want to see NIN.
    I think his European experiences would have been better had he been able to have a better communication with the continent, in the UK over the past 25 years it has been easier than say France or Germany or Italy or Russia but then booking 6 Arenas in the UK for NIN to play was absurd, when most of them were around 50 percent capacity. Something is not right. Its always been a weird situation with NIN, they have a cult following here are big in the U.S across the pond but with terrible record labels, shady managers, long absences from the industry, general bad communication with whats going on here its hard to judge what to do.
    Plus, pretty much the majority of Trent's musical influences seem to be British, Bowie, Queen, Joy Division, Numan, lots of the synth pop stuff, Throbbing Gristle, the Cure, Talking Heads, Pink Floyd etc etc. I know this is nothing to do with success over here, but suggests lack of hatred for Europe?

They seemed to really randomly go down a storm at the RocknHeim German festival last year, like everyone just seemed up for it. Reading 2007 seemed a pretty successful billing, personally I don't see why they didn't headline then over Smashing Pumpkins
    Last edited by WorzelG; 06-08-2014 at 01:11 AM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Does anyone have the set list for the second show in Germany?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'd definitely consider it, if I were you. I would have gone to more than one show (Vienna), but the timing was bad. Especially back to back you'll see a few different songs (unless Trent decides to play the rare stuff for his beloved north america, then you'd see a completely different setlist). But also, maybe the sound or your seats are shitty at one show, then you still have the second one to enjoy more. Go for it. Who knows when he's touring again (probably soon, but whatever).
    I saw London and Nottingham back to back, and it was definitely worth it. For a start I did standing one night seats the other, so got to see the show from very different perspectives. Plus, he changed 8 songs between the two nights. Would certainly do again.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Plus, pretty much the majority of Trent's musical influences seem to be British, Bowie, Queen, Joy Division, Numan, lots of the synth pop stuff, Throbbing Gristle, the Cure, Talking Heads, Pink Floyd etc etc. I know this is nothing to do with success over here, but suggests lack of hatred for Europe?

They seemed to really randomly go down a storm at the RocknHeim German festival last year, like everyone just seemed up for it. Reading 2007 seemed a pretty successful billing, personally I don't see why they didn't headline then over Smashing Pumpkins
    Minor nitpick, Talking Heads aren't British.

TBH I think the large amount of influence from UK musicians is less to do with Trent's particular taste and more to do with how pervasive UK music is across the board, and has been since the Beatles.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Minor nitpick, Talking Heads aren't British.

TBH I think the large amount of influence from UK musicians is less to do with Trent's particular taste and more to do with how pervasive UK music is across the board, and has been since the Beatles.
    Oh, I don't know why I assumed they were British, weird.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Oh, I don't know why I assumed they were British, weird.
    The lead singer is Scottish, but the band's American and formed in America

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InnerLondon Skywave View Post
    He does not hate the 800 million people in Europe or hate Germany (which is probably the coolest country in the world in 2014) and has not brutally condemned our culture, Georgraphy, way of life or civilization, (only our food and bipolar weather) stop being over dramatic.
    tl,dr. Stop taking everything so seriously and get the stick out of your ass. It's a running gag in the NIN community that Europe can lick Trent's Kugelsack. You know I'm not complaining about anything, right?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    tl,dr. Stop taking everything so seriously and get the stick out of your ass. It's a running gag in the NIN community that Europe can lick Trent's Kugelsack. You know I'm not complaining about anything, right?
    unfortunately, another running gag in the NIN community is making wild claims based on random things trent says and then taking those claims as truth. so it was a little hard to tell which "gag" you were going for.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I like Ilan because he really seems to appreciate the culture, food, and touring in Europe. He walked all day around in Vienna today and took a ton of instagram pics.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Beside You in Time got some nifty new visuals.. different from the stripped down previous shows:
    (THANKS TOIOU)

Last edited by LOVEANDZOMBIES; 06-09-2014 at 02:19 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    My biggest gripe with this tour is that they haven't performed BYIT as often as they should have. I found myself rolling my eyes whenever I heard Eraser kicking in at my last two shows.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    My biggest gripe with this tour is that they haven't performed BYIT as often as they should have. I found myself rolling my eyes whenever I heard Eraser kicking in at my last two shows.
    I'd rather get multiple shows of Eraser for the visuals alone. That shit gets me every time.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Does anyone have the set list for the second show in Germany?
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-i...-3bc02068.html

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    I'd rather get multiple shows of Eraser for the visuals alone. That shit gets me every time.
    I've had Eraser 453,345,65 times, so I can take it or leave it at this point.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Also as previously established, those visuals aren't a patch on the ultra-creepy Psycho lights of 2007

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I hope he plays Reptile tonight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    Beside You in Time got some nifty new visuals.. different from the stripped down previous shows:
    (THANKS TOIOU)

Well, that was nice. Thanks for posting. The versatility of those 3x3 grid lights never ceases to impress me.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    I like Ilan because he really seems to appreciate the culture, food, and touring in Europe. He walked all day around in Vienna today and took a ton of instagram pics.
    Vienna is one of my favorite cities for walking, specially in the winter. It feels like an outdoor museum with all the sculptures and nice buildings.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    What song is this from?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    What song is this from?
    The very end of Eraser.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Small commercial break: I have uploaded an improved version of my 2014 European "tour documentary" / "patchwork show" in the Download Archive thread.

If you can ignore the patchwork nature in terms of visuals and audio - and live with YouTube quality - it is IMHO quite enjoyable as a document of this tour's production.

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...353#post190353