Page 98 of 102 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,940 of 3060

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2014 Tour Discussion/Speculation

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Where has he said he hates it?
    I don't remember where he said it, but I remember Trent saying he had a blast during the performance but when he went back and watched/listened again he thought it was really messy and not as good as he thought.
    I don't think that he hated it so much as he was disappointed in it.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Where has he said he hates it?

Around 2:05.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    Id like to see a poll on how many people prefer standard setlists with FULL light show and 100 dollar plus tickets....or rare songs, NO production and tickets at 40 bucks a pop....2nd choice would win out
    You need to compare apples to apples in this little poll you're putting together. Option #1- A full NIN production or Option #2 - The SAME set list with little to no production for slightly less money per ticket. I believe this is a silly question as the vast majority would choose the full production. Now, a small intimate venue with no production?? Thats what I want. But that's a different question altogether. And how many people would be pissed cause they couldn't get tickets to this small venue? We all want unique and rare setlists but the lights and screens are not to blame for the opposite. Trent plays what he wants and creates a production around the setlist, not the other way around. I also don't think it takes away from the music in any way to say that the NIN visual production kicks ass and is way fuckin cool and adds to the music as well as the experience and his fans love it and so on. Does it make a better show? Hell yes! Is it the only reason I go? Hell no! Would I go without a visual production? Hell yes! But LITS was like nothing I've ever see at a concert until Tension. Wow to both. And ACL with no visual production fuckin kicked ass too!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What he said in that video doesn't even come close to saying he "hated it". If you didn't watch the video he basically said the overall show was good but the actual musical performance wasn't that great.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Airbornefeline View Post
    What he said in that video doesn't even come close to saying he "hated it". If you didn't watch the video he basically said the overall show was good but the actual musical performance wasn't that great.
    I think with time, some people's memories have shifted from remembering him saying they sounded bad, to thinking he said he hated it, which I don't think he ever said. It was a good show, but he's right, they sounded pretty bad.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    You are surely aware Trent hates the Woodstock performance
    He just did an interview last week where he said for the 99999th time how Woodstock was a special performance...He also said it last year in that Studio Q radio interview

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I think if you're even a quarter of the way back in an arena you're grateful for the visuals because you can't see the band

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    He's admitted he sampled Kiss as a joke...I guess you didnt read his comments about Gene Simmons in 09 when he tore him a new asshole....I'm not saying light shows arent cool. I'm saying they dont make or break a show...Trent seems to think if he doesnt have a full light show that somehow it will be a letdown to the fans.....Id like to see a poll on how many people prefer standard setlists with FULL light show and 100 dollar plus tickets....or rare songs, NO production and tickets at 40 bucks a pop....2nd choice would win out
    Here's a c-note, take my money and give me pretty lights exploding in my face plz.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Every person I was able to bring to a NIN show, either casual fan or non-fan, bought his/her ticket because of the production that I used as a selling point.
    I've seen hundreds of concerts in my life and by a mile, NIN is the easiest concert to sell to anyone who simply wants to witness a good show.

If you poll ETS, yes the $40 show with rare songs/no production would likely win. However, if you poll the thousands who attended each Tension shows, I believe the result would be different.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Every person I was able to bring to a NIN show, either casual fan or non-fan, bought his/her ticket because of the production that I used as a selling point.
    I've seen hundreds of concerts in my life and by a mile, NIN is the easiest concert to sell to anyone who simply wants to witness a good show.

If you poll ETS, yes the $40 show with rare songs/no production would likely win. However, if you poll the thousands who attended each Tension shows, I believe the result would be different.
    Personally I would prefer the $100 dollar show, static setlist and big production, because NO OTHER band can pull off what NIN did with LiTS. U2 can do something similar, but it looks gimmicky and tacky. I went to the Houston show of LiTS, had not seen ANY video or read any setlist prior going to the show (show was early on that tour so it helped me going "blind" to it) and OH MY GOD. I was ECSTATIC during The Warning/Vessel/Piggy/Ghosts section, then The Greater Good. That section for me redefined what a rock concert could be, an experience when the visuals and the musicals are blended together to form a single sensory layer. To be able to witness what technology could do in a live setting without knowing about it...just WOW. And then the encore, Echoplex, where the stage becomes a musical instrument, and the emotional ending with In This Twilight. Still the best NIN show I've seen (and I was lucky to see NIN in a club setting as well, Australia 07 FTW).

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    i would argue that more people seem to like Wave Goodbye than LITS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That may be true, may not be. However, that doesn't speak for or against a large visual production. Again, you're not comparing apples to apples. Not only were the setlists completely different but the Wave Goodbye tour was a different animal altogether. NIN can put on INCEDIBLE shows with or without huge visual productions, no one is arguing that. But I highly doubt there is anyone who wasn't blown away by LITS and felt they didn't get their moneys worth. I personally would pay double to see it or tension again. I'll bet there are FAR more people who feel the same as I do than those who don't.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    The entire crux of your argument seems to hinge on "rarities" and "large visual production" being mutually exclusive.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    WG maybe because it was a small number of intimate shows. NINJA + WG fuck no.

Not sure what others opinions on it is but I still consider NINJA into WG one touring cycle.

And that sure was a blast attempting to get WG tickets. ::rolls_eyes::

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    WG maybe because it was a small number of intimate shows. NINJA + WG fuck no.

Not sure what others opinions on it is but I still consider NINJA into WG one touring cycle.

And that sure was a blast attempting to get WG tickets. ::rolls_eyes::
    I would consider the ~8 true WG (NY, Chi, LA) shows to be a different cycle than the NINJA tour. No opener (or closer...), different setlist, different venues...

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    @billpulsipher : on the two super major production tours of NIN, we got songs like:

The Warning

The Greater Good blended with Corona Radiata

God Given

A Warm Place

All the Love in the World

Sanctified

Even Deeper

And most of those were regulars if not staples on the LitS and Tension tours; pretty much any one of those is far from a common song, several being rarities and a few having never been played before until then. This is all accompanied along with the giant productions that were those tours; to act like we either get the same old same old and pretty lights or god-tier setlists of rarity and a blank stage with a few lights above the band that do nothing is ridiculous. You're simplifying it into "big production" vs. "good setlists" as if we can't have both, and I think almost everyone would agree that both LitS and Tension had fantastic setlists. I'm sorry you have this constant fetish of going on here and complaining about anything possible and echoing this attitude of "man, NIN isn't how it used to be, remember when things were good?," but it's hit a point where pretty much every regular posting member responds to you saying something negating what you said, and you either ignore any argument that proves you wrong or you make blanket statements like "more people would agree," as if you've conducted fair polls without bias and have all of this raw data sitting around that you're just patiently waiting to unleash.

Just get over it, man. Enjoy the shows, and if you don't attend, then shut the fuck up, because it's not like it holds any impact on you. I'm going to go and have a great time in August, a ton of people just had wonderful experiences in Europe, Latin America and Australia, and I'm certain most of the American members here in states with SG tour dates are attending too, and y'know what? If you're not one of those people, then too bad, man. Sorry.

Oh and the irony of this to me is here you are complaining about visuals and yet just a week ago was it? you were whining that they didn't stream a festival show in Europe; why would you want to see the show if you don't care about visuals? I'm sure there's going to be a recording on RITC you can always download and listen to.

Just pick what you're going to be bitchy about it and stick with it.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    I would consider the ~8 true WG (NY, Chi, LA) shows to be a different cycle than the NINJA tour. No opener (or closer...), different setlist, different venues...
    Understood, and fair enough. Just my own personal experience was one Chicago show. Lighting was the same and was basically a longer set list with the same musicians.

Some of the NY and LA shows were obviously epic for die hards. Those who experienced those got pretty damn lucky, outside of the LA scheduling (TR sick I think??) fiasco but shit happens sometimes.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Some of the NY and LA shows were obviously epic for die hards. Those who experienced those got pretty damn lucky, outside of the LA scheduling (TR sick I think??) fiasco but shit happens sometimes.
    It was a godsend for me as the first show (the only one I had tickets to at the time) became the last show

CHI must've gotten really assed out. NYC got the first TDS set, LA got TDS set + "last" set.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    What do you mean no opener? Health, Mew, IO Echo and Queen Kwong opened those last shows

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    to be honest, if I may, I'd take a LITS show over WG show anytime

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horican View Post
    What do you mean no opener? Health, Mew, IO Echo and Queen Kwong opened those last shows
    oh shit you're right. I tried to block Health out of my mind and IO Echo came and left with their iPod commercial.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    If the laminates, passes, etc. are any indicator the band considered it a different cycle too.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Of course it was a different cycle... I didn't think this wasn't obvious.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    dont expect much from SG on this tour. Cornells voice sounds fucking shot to shit. this is from 2 months ago

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    dont expect much from SG on this tour. Cornells voice sounds fucking shot to shit.
    Lol I think bill is one of the main reasons why I even check this forum. He does sound a little off tho

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    dont expect much from SG on this tour. Cornells voice sounds fucking shot to shit. this is from 2 months ago

That's horrible. Why would Trent even agree to CO-HEADLINE with them? I can see them as an opener, but not split 50:50 (even though NIN goes on last, as the inofficial headliner)

I really hope this co-headlining thing isn't the new trend in the concert industry...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fist Fuck View Post
    That's horrible. Why would Trent even agree to CO-HEADLINE with them? I can see them as an opener, but not split 50:50 (even though NIN goes on last, as the inofficial headliner)

I really hope this co-headlining thing isn't the new trend in the concert industry...
    I saw SG a few months back and they sounded great...I suspect Chris' voice may be a little hit or miss from time to time, but I have heard a number of other shows where he sounded really good. I actually think that if there is any knock against SG it is that they haven't adjusted their setlist due to age...Trent won't get up there and do WITT or some of his other harder vocal numbers (and when he does, he adjusts the songs and throws in a bunch of "Hey's" to take some of the screaming out)....Chris gets up there and does Beyond the Wheel @ age 50.

At any rate, I am an SG fan (albeit a much bigger NIN fan), so I am really looking forward to this tour.

Side note since I am rambling and not really contributing to the thread...regardless of what you think about SG....check out a Chris Cornell acoustic show.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Chris' voice is all miss all the time.

Mentioned
    743 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Chris' voice is all miss all the time.
    aw shit, cut him a break...robert plant's voice is pretty fucked up, but i still went to see him and pagey when they toured

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    As someone just going to see NIN and couldn't care less about Soundgarden (but I am actually really excited for Death Grips) I really don't mind how bad they sound (to me at least, I really just don't find anything enjoyable about them), if anything it'll make NIN seem that much better.