Page 99 of 102 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,970 of 3060

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2014 Tour Discussion/Speculation

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    @billpulsipher : on the two super major production tours of NIN, we got songs like:

The Warning

The Greater Good blended with Corona Radiata

God Given

A Warm Place

All the Love in the World

Sanctified

Even Deeper

And most of those were regulars if not staples on the LitS and Tension tours; pretty much any one of those is far from a common song, several being rarities and a few having never been played before until then. This is all accompanied along with the giant productions that were those tours; to act like we either get the same old same old and pretty lights or god-tier setlists of rarity and a blank stage with a few lights above the band that do nothing is ridiculous. You're simplifying it into "big production" vs. "good setlists" as if we can't have both, and I think almost everyone would agree that both LitS and Tension had fantastic setlists. I'm sorry you have this constant fetish of going on here and complaining about anything possible and echoing this attitude of "man, NIN isn't how it used to be, remember when things were good?," but it's hit a point where pretty much every regular posting member responds to you saying something negating what you said, and you either ignore any argument that proves you wrong or you make blanket statements like "more people would agree," as if you've conducted fair polls without bias and have all of this raw data sitting around that you're just patiently waiting to unleash.

Just get over it, man. Enjoy the shows, and if you don't attend, then shut the fuck up, because it's not like it holds any impact on you. I'm going to go and have a great time in August, a ton of people just had wonderful experiences in Europe, Latin America and Australia, and I'm certain most of the American members here in states with SG tour dates are attending too, and y'know what? If you're not one of those people, then too bad, man. Sorry.

Oh and the irony of this to me is here you are complaining about visuals and yet just a week ago was it? you were whining that they didn't stream a festival show in Europe; why would you want to see the show if you don't care about visuals? I'm sure there's going to be a recording on RITC you can always download and listen to.

Just pick what you're going to be bitchy about it and stick with it.
    fuck yes. what he said.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I can understand anyone here who is a SG fan and looking forward to the show. I'm not the one to talk shit about any band, I myself am a fan of certain bands that get a lot of shit. BUT wouldn't any SG fan prefer a SG solo tour? When I said horrible I didn't (just) mean Chris' singing, but the whole show in general. It just doesn't fit. Were both bands big in the 90's? Yes. Should they tour together 20 years later? I'd say no.

But most likely it's just the fact that both NIN and SG would struggle to tell out bigger venues, even in the States...

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I'm glad we got NIN + QOTSA here...

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    It is going to be SO HOT OH MY GOD.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    It is going to be SO HOT OH MY GOD.
    I was just thinking the same thing- especially for the southern/southeastern shows like Tampa and Atlanta.

I'm in Augusta right now, 95* and my sack was melting off just walking to my car from the hotel room. :O It's gonna be a bitch in an ampitheater with people all around you.

Hottest show I was ever at was couple years back- Iron Maiden at Marcus ampitheater in Milwaukee, I think 4th of July 2012. Was hovering right around 100*- right on Lake Michigan! I didn't even finish my second beer, my body was literally rejecting the alcohol from the heat.
    Last edited by Krazy; 06-18-2014 at 05:52 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I actually forgot about that for a second. Well, I guess if you take two bands like NIN and QOTSA, it works perfectly. I can't confirm or deny that I was a but jealous when that tour happened down there.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    We got them here in 2005. lol
    I think some people forget that

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Got them both here last year too, in a way- I know Lolla for a fact. Can't recall what other festivals they teamed up at but Lolla was QOTSA right before NIN on same stage and same night.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    2005 is almost a decade ago and not everyone can go to Lollapalooza. I would love to see NIN + QOTSA any day of the week for sure but I know to take what I can get.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Who opens if Death Grips isn't? Theyre not opening in Chicago because theyre playing the pitchfork festival the week before. So now I'm going to both shows. Death grips rocks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fist Fuck View Post
    I can understand anyone here who is a SG fan and looking forward to the show. I'm not the one to talk shit about any band, I myself am a fan of certain bands that get a lot of shit. BUT wouldn't any SG fan prefer a SG solo tour? When I said horrible I didn't (just) mean Chris' singing, but the whole show in general. It just doesn't fit. Were both bands big in the 90's? Yes. Should they tour together 20 years later? I'd say no.

But most likely it's just the fact that both NIN and SG would struggle to tell out bigger venues, even in the States...
    Really? I thought Tension was a sellout?
    And the tour does seen odd to me, NIN have done a lot recently, whereas it seems like a throwback tour in regards to SG.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tension wasn't even close to a sell out in most places.

At the first show I went to, Groupon was selling tickets for like $25 the morning of the concert.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Tension wasn't even close to a sell out in most places.

At the first show I went to, Groupon was selling tickets for like $25 the morning of the concert.

Yeah sucks NYC/NJ were the only close Tension shows to me since they did Made in America Philly. I waited until the day of and still had to pay $150 I believe for floor on stubhub. That was for NYC show though and I had a ride so I couldn't pass it up. I'm so F'N glad I manned up and bought that ticket that morning. I would have been so mad at myself if I missed Tension. I wish I could only see one more light show, but this time I'd be more prepared to experience it....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Question.... just "assuming" NIN takes a break after this leg of touring what do you think is more likely for a new tour? I think its safe to say they'll definitely play bare bones type shows but as far as "special" shows goes do you think they will do...

-Another light show big arena I'd guess this if a new album is coming out.

-Small club with band

-Trent doing a solo "still" tour in clubs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burninglard View Post
    We got them here in 2005. lol
    I think some people forget that
    that was my favorite tour... w/ DFA 1979 back together and recording a new album they should reboot that trifecta...
    DFA1979 followed by QOTSA and closed out with NIN... magic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Personally I would prefer the $100 dollar show, static setlist and big production, because NO OTHER band can pull off what NIN did with LiTS. U2 can do something similar, but it looks gimmicky and tacky. I went to the Houston show of LiTS, had not seen ANY video or read any setlist prior going to the show (show was early on that tour so it helped me going "blind" to it) and OH MY GOD. I was ECSTATIC during The Warning/Vessel/Piggy/Ghosts section, then The Greater Good. That section for me redefined what a rock concert could be, an experience when the visuals and the musicals are blended together to form a single sensory layer. To be able to witness what technology could do in a live setting without knowing about it...just WOW. And then the encore, Echoplex, where the stage becomes a musical instrument, and the emotional ending with In This Twilight. Still the best NIN show I've seen (and I was lucky to see NIN in a club setting as well, Australia 07 FTW).
    the entire The Warning/Vessel/Piggy/Ghosts section you mentioned was the coolest live music spectacle I've ever witnessed..

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastentrance View Post
    Really? I thought Tension was a sellout?
    And the tour does seen odd to me, NIN have done a lot recently, whereas it seems like a throwback tour in regards to SG.
    There's a thread on it if you're interested
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...ling-out-shows

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Give me uber awesome production, or give me death (by getting pissed at attempting to snatch NIN club tickets).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm just thankful for TOIOU and the (hopefully) forthcoming Tension dvd's, because I haven't been able to see a big production arena show since the With Teeth tour, and I'll probably have to wait another 3-5 years for another shot at one.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I've been really loving the pro-shot Lollapalooza Brazil show, the atmosphere looked amazing.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FeelBetterINC View Post
    Question.... just "assuming" NIN takes a break after this leg of touring what do you think is more likely for a new tour? I think its safe to say they'll definitely play bare bones type shows but as far as "special" shows goes do you think they will do...

-Another light show big arena I'd guess this if a new album is coming out.

-Small club with band

-Trent doing a solo "still" tour in clubs.
    New album, big arena tour. Smaller overseas shows and maybe another amphitheater tour. Possibly with another 90s band.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    New album, big arena tour. Smaller overseas shows and maybe another amphitheater tour. Possibly with another 90s band.
    Would people react well to a Smashing Pumpkins joint headline tour I wonder?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Would people react well to a Smashing Pumpkins joint headline tour I wonder?
    They are still pretty popular here but I couldn't see Billy shrinking his ego enough to let NIN go on last.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I think it would be awesome if NIN released a new album around the same time Tool's new album finally comes out. Then they do a joint big arena tour together with the best production this side of Pink Floyd.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    NIN/Tool or HTDA/Puscifer or Trent/Maynard will probably happen. Eventually. At some point. When the time is right. I'm pretty sure.

As far the Pumpkins, I'd love that a thousand times more than a Soundgarden or Jane's co-tour. Billy's raw talent level far surpasses anyone in either of those bands. But I'm pretty sure I can't see that ever happening. I know there was some beef between the two at some point, not to say Trent isn't above putting it behind him to do it, but there are so many reasons why it wouldn't make sense given where both bands currently find themselves. But it'd be really fucking cool.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Rice View Post
    I think it would be awesome if NIN released a new album around the same time Tool's new album finally comes out. Then they do a joint big arena tour together with the best production this side of Pink Floyd.
    The cost of those tickets would make NIN and Tool fans turn to bank robbery

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Maybe they can settle it by having T-Rez wrestle Billy on his WWE show.
    Last edited by icecream; 06-22-2014 at 03:12 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Rice View Post
    BONUS: Danny Carey does TR a solid and plays TPD by himself (well, himself and mandala pads)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I've been really loving the pro-shot Lollapalooza Brazil show, the atmosphere looked amazing.
    I wish the audio levels were higher though. I have to crank my laptop's volume all the way up and it's still too quiet.

I love the idea that someone who'd just been introduced to NIN by the Austin City Limits broadcast noticed this on YouTube … and the first thing they heard was Wish. Hell, it was a minor shock for me.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Oh boy, the Tool and NIN mega tour conversation again. That would be my concert dream come true but ain't happening. Production wise it would be a logistical nightmare- which would probably mean one band would have to tone it down- and would probably have to be NIN. And if this years shows indicate anything Tool doesn't need any help filling arenas. I'd agree with something TR and Maynard related but that would mean Tool is out of the equation- if a new album actually comes out they would tour on and off for it for at least a couple years.

Which reminds me, from Meathead:

http://www.theninhotline.net/meatpers/html/mp060823.htm

Lol...

"RUMOR: Nine Inch Nails is going to tour with Tool next year.This would certainly be the wet dream of many people who are fans of being bored. Unfortunately for them, this will never happen. One of the most obvious problems here would be deciding who opens for who. Both bands have reached the point where they'll be goddamned if they're going to play second fiddle to anybody else, even the resurrected corpses of the Beatles. I suppose they could take turns, but Sammy Hagar and David Lee Roth already tried that, and the last thing we need is Trent stealing yet another idea from those guys. Besides, if I really want a four-hour wankfest, I can do that at home. Oh, and 10,000 Days sucks. Just figured now would be a good time to mention that."