Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: The Festival Thread

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    RON HOWARD: She didn't.

Did you go to he makeup show on Sunday?
    No... and I just found out about it 5 minutes ago, and I'm a little upset.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    No... and I just found out about it 5 minutes ago, and I'm a little upset.
    Oh shit, that sucks! So bizarre that they completely stopped & evacuated the show for what seemed like pretty mild weather conditions.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Oh shit, that sucks! So bizarre that they completely stopped & evacuated the show for what seemed like pretty mild weather conditions.
    There was NO "extreme weather"
    Though as someone who does live sound, I do understand the multitude of dangerous elements that can be introduced by wind and rain and static electricity... so I get it I guess. I also was at the Tibetan Freedom Concert in 98 where someone was struck by lightning so... I get it.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Getting ready to leave for the last day of Summer Camp 2023... There really isn't anything until 5:30pm but the people-watching is top-notch. So glad they're scaling this festival back next year for the forseeable future (headline is misleading).

Bands/artists today: Chicago Farmer (& The Fieldnotes), Easy Riders, moe., Umphrey's McGee, Willie Nelson & Family, Mastodon (hoping for something crazy, but the alloted time is almost identical to the length of their latest sets).

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    The Coachella lineup has been announced.

barf

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Yeah that lineup is incredibly bad. Really disappointing.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Not sure if you all saw any of the Coachella streams, but No Doubt showed everyone what a true headliner should be.

This is the first year where I didn't care about most of the festival...but I assumed this would be the case this year.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    No Doubt was a lot of fun. Yeah, Gwen messed up a few times here and there - but you could tell they were so happy and having a good time.

And they played Total Hate!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    No Doubt was a lot of fun. Yeah, Gwen messed up a few times here and there - but you could tell they were so happy and having a good time.

And they played Total Hate!
    I hope they play Riot Fest...they would be perfect for that! We'll see.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    You know there's quite a few on the undercard of Coachella that I'd be down to see (Clown Core, OPN, Mandy Indiana, feeble little horse, Black Country New Road, the Drums, Boy Harsher, Jockstrap), but what a wild difference from 10 to 14 years ago where it felt like if I were to go I'd be having to bounce from stage to stage because the whole weekend was stuff I wanted to see.

I'm not really a Blur fan, but it was pretty comical to see them try to get SOMETHING out of the crowd this past weekend since they were so dead for their performance.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I went in 2015, and it was an incredible lineup. Definitely the best festival I've ever been to.

Now it's hard for me to justify going. I had tickets in 2020 (mainly for Rage) but Covid.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I went in 2014, can't believe it was already a decade ago. I flew out solo from the East Coast primarily for the Outkast reunion, but saw many other acts I wanted to see, and discovered ones I hadn't heard of. Memories that will last me a lifetime...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    I went in 2014, can't believe it was already a decade ago. I flew out solo from the East Coast primarily for the Outkast reunion, but saw many other acts I wanted to see, and discovered ones I hadn't heard of. Memories that will last me a lifetime...
    I wish I got to see Outkast...

I went to Lolla 2014 and got sick during the day with some weird stomach issue. I had to bail and missed them, it sucked since they were/are my favorite hip hop group.