Page 145 of 156 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 147 155 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,350 of 4667

Thread: Random General Headlines

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Wait a minute. NYC is lawless but the NYPD showed up...?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    It's gonna be great when we find out FOX paid the homeless dude to torch the tree for the attention and talking point.

(disclaimer: I don't actually believe this happened...but I wish it did because it's totally their brand.)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    It's not so astonishing that this exists, it's just kinda mind blowing that he'd be stupid enough to hand it over.

Also... the fact that the powerpoint is actually titled "Election Fraud, Foreign Interference, and OPTIONS FOR JAN 6th"

It's like if they uncovered a hidden memo from Cheney to Bush dated september 10th titled "9/11: Inside Job Day"
    edit: and just to be clear, I'm not a 9/11 truther or saying anything like that... but just... this is so crazy, and they're all going to get away with it...

It's“Election Fraud, Foreign Interference & Options for 6 Jan”........
    Last edited by Jinsai; 12-10-2021 at 09:23 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Yeah I texted my son about it
    Literally the stupidest thing they've done. Hey, let's just give them the exact thing they're looking for.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...cid=uxbndlbing

Wtf is wrong with Texas?

No slights to anyone, but holy shit.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Also... the fact that the powerpoint is actually titled "Election Fraud, Foreign Interference, and OPTIONS FOR JAN 6th"
    If the TITLE wasn't bad enough, the CONTENT is EVEN MORE SCARY

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...AREZMJ#image=1

Last edited by allegro; 12-11-2021 at 07:26 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    FUUUUUUCK Joe Manchin going on FOX NEWS to announce that he'll be voting no on Build Back Better Plan.

Sorry for the editorializing, but allow me to indulge in a little more.

Bernie Sanders says the vote will happen anyway, to make him do it in front of the country. I think that's a good idea.

I want this country, and history, to remember that at a VERY critical time, recovering from the wrath of Donald Trump, the left controlled the House, Senate, and the presidency. We had opportunities to do a LOT: continue child tax credits, give home care and medical subsidies to the elderly, pass a universal voting rights act, lower prescription drug prices, etc, and ONE DEMOCRAT stood against all that.

He's been a big ass part of derailing the President and the party's ENTIRE AGENDA damn near, singlehandedly, at times.

And he's PROUD of it.
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-19-2021 at 12:15 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Bernie Sanders says the vote will happen anyway, to make him do it in front of the country. I think that's a good idea.
    Yup.

We all should know exactly what Manchin's all about.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/z3x8...-west-virginia

According to his most recent financial disclosure, Manchin gained $492,000 last year due to his non-public shares in a coal company called Enersystems, which records show is a contractor for a power plant in the state’s north that burns waste coal.
    https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/joe-ma...t-yet-n1285934

Manchin has a lucrative family business that sells waste coal to a power plant in West Virginia that “emits air pollution at a higher rate than any other plant in the state,” according to the Post.

Under the former clean electricity provision in the Build Back Better bill, that business could’ve been hurt. Manchin played a decisive role in killing it, despite explanations from policymakers and experts that it would have lowered energy costs and created thousands of jobs in his state.
    https://electrek.co/2021/10/20/the-r...n-energy-plan/

Manchin has made $4.35 million since 2012 from stock he owns in Enersystems Inc., the Fairmont-based coal brokerage he founded in 1988, according to his U.S. Senate financial disclosures. He has denied that his vested coal interests have influenced his policymaking that affects the coal industry. But he has declined to divest his holdings, saying his ownership is held in a blind trust and, therefore, avoids a conflict of interest.
    So, that’s $400,000 coming from fossil fuels in just one quarter. And guess who the top recipient is overall of oil and gas, mining, and coal money, not just in the Senate, but in all of Congress? Manchin. (He’s No. 2 for utilities.)
    Last edited by allegro; 12-19-2021 at 04:44 PM.

Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    We've known for a long time what Manchin is all about. It's in that Woodward book, where Trump identifies him as the one democrat he likes and is buddies with.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    We've known for a long time what Manchin is all about. It's in that Woodward book, where Trump identifies him as the one democrat he likes and is buddies with.
    well, and I mean, I don't feel like digging for the clip, but the awful bastard went on Fox News last year, to assure Fox viewers that he'd basically be doing what he's doing now.

I'm sure that, at this point, a lot of people in West Virginia are proud of him for standing up for "old timey values" or whatever.

No offense to west Virginians- people all across the country are unaware of much of the political process (Edit: cough, Texas) - but I wonder if they realize he's LITERALLY voting against their parents' dentures and hearing aids?

I know one thing: it will certainly hit home when they lose those child tax credits.
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-20-2021 at 08:16 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I am glad I'm out of the state but also wish I was there to campaign against him.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    If Democrats had managed to win JUST ONE MORE SENATE SEAT in 2020, we wouldn’t be giving a single shit about Manchin right now.

Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    guest on Tucker Carlson's show: "Guess we have to make sure there's enough tampons in the restrooms at the pentagon... We don't need a military that's woman-friendly, we don't need a military that's gay-friendly... we need a military that's flat out hostile, a military full of type-A men who want to sit on a throne of Chinese skulls... we can't even get women off of naval vessels, and that should be step one, but most of them are pregnant anyway."

wow. Watch tucker nod along.

https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1472019332507090947

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    gross

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Can't wait to hear about how Marvel is bowing to the liberal media.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I did not know Joe was the Mothman.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Damn, we really can't have nice things.

It's a shame because the old logo was perfect and the new logo looks like a bootleg version of the Mr. Bungle Easter Bunny.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

as said, the OG Punisher logo is perfect, but I understand & back the thought process here. And if you have read Aaron's stuff, almost all of it is really good. So I have faith in him until proven otherwise.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 12-24-2021 at 11:52 PM.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...cid=uxbndlbing

Wtf is wrong with Texas?

No slights to anyone, but holy shit.
    Dude, what the deal is, is that a LOT of these small, ultra white towns out here REALLY have the remnants of a wild west mentality. That's how it looks from where i'm sitting, IN one of said shithole towns.
    When i first came out here and was asking about work, more than one person asked me if i had a HORSE.
    I've never figured out how to TYPE in a west texas accent, but you "shore miat git hert REAUL bayd if you fuck up sumbady's pyckup."

I'm just reporting what i see; i'm from fucking dallas. I don't like, chill with these people, but i see them around.
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-25-2021 at 02:55 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    more than one person asked me if i had a HORSE.
    As a kid from the suburbs of Detroit (whose Mom drove a ‘67 Mustang LOL), this is just so foreign to me. We didn’t have any ranches near me. We had a lot of apple orchards, a lot of corn fields, some dairy farms. We could ride horses for FUN somewhere. We went to the TRACK to GAMBLE. But owning a horse as a work animal and having it on your resume is like WOW.

On the other hand, many of us up here in Michigan grew up around boats our whole lives. We can tie most common boating knots from the time we were kids. I knew how to handle boat lines before I was a teen. I guess boat knowledge is our horse knowledge.

But none of that has to do with that football player beating. THAT shit seems to be happening ALL OVER the place: Toxic Masculinity.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-25-2021 at 08:39 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    As a follow-up:
    The Hagan’s attorney tells KPRC 2 Investigates the family is filing a lawsuit seeking a sizeable award as a result of Cole’s injuries. We’re told the lawsuit not only names several teens but their parents as well. KPRC 2 Investigates on Thursday confirmed the investigation is very much ongoing as the Brazoria County District Attorney’s Office is waiting on cell phone records and computer evidence tied to the case.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I just read the verdicts. why would they go for Not Guilty on the patients but Guilty against the investors? That seems ridiculous.
    Last edited by allegate; 01-03-2022 at 06:27 PM.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)

Ted Cruz is still a spineless little bitch cosplaying a texas senator. I hope the right is seeing this, too, because I'm afraid he has presidential ambitions. He had to go kiss tucker Carlson's ass because he accidentally said what he REALLY thought about the 1-6 insurrection.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Man who dumped 91,000 pennies to pay ex-worker is sued by feds

Why do I feel like the idiots are going to say this is an attack on the poor small business owner?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tuckers whole shtick of pretending not to have heard of or know anything about the subject he's talking about then acting like everyone else is stupid and not looking it up is so, so painful

Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Tuckers whole shtick of pretending not to have heard of or know anything about the subject he's talking about then acting like everyone else is stupid and not looking it up is so, so painful
    And why, WHY does he always have that "stunned muppet in shock" look as his resting face. Someone has to have done a montage of this. Whenever he's listening to anyone talk, he looks like "Ok, I'm trying REALLY hard to concentrate here, but I'm not understanding anything you're saying" and it's maddening. Take a gander at any of the thumbnails from his show. It's the same dumbfounded expression every time.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    His entire show is a shtick- that's the thing that gets me. His entire existence (the fox iteration) is a big lie. He was the reincarnation of Ayn Rand until 2017.

This is the same multimillionaire trust fund baby who used to openly called himself an "out of the closet elitist," called working class people " peasants," and literally said "I'm absolutely not a 'man of the people,' AT ALL."
    He ALSO once called out Bill O'Reilly, basically saying that it was fucked up of him to pretend to be out there fightin' for the proletariat or whatever, while being worth millions of dollars, and that the moment people caught on, O'Reilly would be done.

And now, he does the EXACT same shit in the same time slot.

Then we've got Ted Cruz begging Tucker's forgiveness for accidentally referring to 1-6 as an insurrection and terrorism, and BOTH of these fuckers are playing characters, and it's a whole HELL of a lot like pro wrestling at this point.

I REALLY don't understand what happened to the dude.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-09-2022 at 12:51 PM.