Page 32 of 156 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 132 ... LastLast

Thread: Random General Headlines

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Not as impressive as the lede on this story about it: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle13050578/
    Update: 13 dead, 50 missing.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I don't know about the credibility of the source but...

http://www.naturalnews.com/041120_ai...ot_skills.html

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Random General Headlines

That website is bunk with writers pushing anti-vaccine and Boston bombing conspiracies.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

Random General Headlines

Yea, that's a tinfoil hat site. I won't say that the article is wrong but I will say that you should be hearing from many pilots if its true. That would be something that impacts pilots around the world and there isn't a driving force to keep them quiet. Doesn't even have to be pilots. Anyone in that system should see what is going on.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    G says that it IS true that nearly everything, including air traffic control, revolves around really advanced gadgetry, as does nearly everything around us these days, but pilots still need actual flight hours and they take off and land manually. That triple 7 had auto throttle that would have helped, and these pilots claim the auto throttle was "on" but most say that's not likely. The black box will tell. G says it's possible that the pilots had it set on auto-throttle but they didn't "engage" it. When that aircraft is about to stall, the stick shakes as a warning. These planes don't land on autopilot. But, the pilots DO rely on instrumentation, which is ESSENTIAL. (Remember, JFK Jr. had no instrumentation experience and relied solely on his eyes, which is pretty much why he crashed and died.)

G says a more important factor was that the glide slope at that airport had been out of commission due to construction.

See this: http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...ors&id=9165930

Both of these pilots had a TON of actual flight hours. Although the pilot was being trained by the co-pilot to fly this triple 7, the pilot had a ton of hours on heavy planes. These guys weren't amateurs.

G and I were on a triple 7 once, from L.A. to Chicago, and we encountered bad weather and were diverted to Green Bay to wait it out. The plane is SOOO big, we couldn't entirely fit (width-wise) on a runway and we were partly on the grass. REALLY awesome plane, huge, and one of the safest planes there is.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-10-2013 at 04:30 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Closing arguments in Zimmerman trial currently ongoing.
    I haven't had the chance to watch much of it but if anyone did, any guess as to what the verdict will be?

Is the addition of a manslaughter verdict a game changer?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Yes, addition of manslaughter is a positive game changer, because the jury may not have been able to convict him of 2nd degree murder based on the evidence and the Stand Your Ground law. This gives the jury a viable option based on the facts.

Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    another reason why some cultural traditions are just kind of fucking stupid:

Really, who the fuck ever puts "I need to do that running away from the bulls thing" on their bucket list? "The bull will chase me, and it'll be all like 'oh no! what if I get fucking GORED and trampled by a bull!' and afterwards I'll be really glad I did that?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

Really, who the fuck ever puts "I need to do that running away from the bulls thing" on their bucket list? "The bull will chase me, and it'll be all like 'oh no! what if I get fucking GORED and trampled by a bull!' and afterwards I'll be really glad I did that?
    lol

I think I'll add "Watch bull runners from a second floor room" to my bucket list.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

rofl. 30 seconds hanging out on the horns while gored. I wonder how much contemplation occurred in that time.
    Also, what's with them taping up and blunting the horns on some of the animals? Fucking put sharpened titanium tips on there if you are going to do anything.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Someone trolled a local SF area news station pretty hard with the SFO crash

edit: and the followup:
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 07-12-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Holy shit!!!! Lol. Probably the greatest troll on TV.

Or the saddest moment in news history.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    But why do you NEED a high capacity magazine?

Did they confiscate the ones that were... uh... in the chamber?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    As crude as it may sound i can only hope somebody did just that. "Oh, I forgot about this one..."

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    They should just treat it as arms escalation. Dry and packaged tampons are too scary? Well what happens about wet ones? They can bypass the biohazard charges by substituting other fluids. My highschool days has taught me that V-8 mixed with tampons produces some crazy adhesive properties. Long story... but they also have some long-term bonding properties if left to dry. I stopped hearing reports of the band room's ceiling around the 10 year mark...

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Yeah, well apparently, they confiscated urine and feces too soooo.. Point taking "you come in here, you can't throw anything but maybe you can pull a trigger."

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Yeah, well apparently, they confiscated urine and feces too
    ... what? That's the first I head that one. Were they carrying bottles of it or wtf? I'd fucking confiscate that too.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. This same story was floated around pre-NATO summit in Chicago and at various Occupy movements to besmirch protestors. It's pretty sad when the takeaway from yesterday's events in Austin is the absurdity over fucking tampons when Texas Rangers knocked a demonstrator unconscious and tazered and sexually assaulted another with nary a peep in the news, outside social media.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    The news seems to be giving the same treatment to the Moral Monday protests going on in NC. Have they hit 1000 arrests yet?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    As of yesterday, 700 arrested.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Yes, addition of manslaughter is a positive game changer, because the jury may not have been able to convict him of 2nd degree murder based on the evidence and the Stand Your Ground law. This gives the jury a viable option based on the facts.
    Does the state of Florida makes a distinction between involuntary manslaughter and voluntary manslaughter?

With the burden of proof shifting onto Zimmerman by pleading self-defense, I don't know if he was able to prove such beyond a reasonable doubt.

**edit

Wow, they have a verdict ... Not guilty...
    Last edited by Deepvoid; 07-13-2013 at 09:01 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Wow full acquittal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The jury made the right call.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Fuck off, twat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm sorry the prosecution didn't have a case...

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    armchair jury influenced entirely by media rhetoric.... GO!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tell that to Marissa Alexander.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50 Volt Phantom View Post
    I'm sorry the prosecution didn't have a case...
    I paid very little attention to this case but that was what I gathered. Innocent until proven guilty even though most of the media wanted it to be the other way around. It was also blatantly clear that this whole thing was highly politicized. It wouldn't matter what the evidence actually looked like the desired verdict was already chosen by the media and the public who were never in the courtroom. Didn't Martin's friend even say that he was the one who threw the first (and maybe all) punches at Zimmerman?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Media rhetoric doesn't cover up the large helpings of reasonable doubt in the case, it's still a tragedy, but the jury made the right call.