Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Failure

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    Anyone else noticed that Segue 8 is the same Segue they put in the Solaris 2014 recording?
    Well they have been at it since 2013 and not everyone got a copy of the EP. (Me included! And I went to that show too!)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Well they have been at it since 2013 and not everyone got a copy of the EP. (Me included! And I went to that show too!)
    I didn't mean it in any bad way, it's kinda cool. It works really well.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Not necessarily a bad thing but I keep hearing Autolux, it even sounds like Carla is singing on Atom.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Don't think they could have done much better than this. Wow.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Ugh. Fuck. I'm listening to it now, and within 10 seconds of "A.M. Amnesia," I'm already in love with it. Can't believe I'll get to see them again in less than two weeks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm about to give it a listen finally. I know this is lame to care about, but Ken added me as a friend on Facebook and now I don't want to talk about the album on my account there, not that anyone besides him would even know who the fuck Failure is.

I have like 2 weeks left before I go see them live. It got announced that Wes Borland is opening up with his new band, I have mixed opinions about that. At least he isn't with Fred Durst or Skrillex when he was an awful screamo singer. Dude makes some awful shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As always with bands of this caliber the album just gets better the more I listen to it. And that's saying something as I loved it on my first listen. Now I just want some official lyrics.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    yea... AM Amnesia is a new favorite!

When first listening to autolux, they all sounded the same singing. its funny that Greg found people with his vocal style lol...

THIAM is SOOOOOOOOO good!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Interview with Greg: http://smellslikeinfinitesadness.com...-is-a-monster/

Lot's of info on how the album was made.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My review- if anyone's interested, let me know what you think!

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/review/6...-Is-a-Monster/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    new pledgemusic message, download available monday apparently and physical items that are already shipped expected to reach us this week, let's hope that last part is true otherwise the pledge thing will end up a failure (no pun intended) as far as I am concerned, there wasn't anything really special for the pledgers especially since the physical items were quite overpriced, it would have been nice to have a few more special items, we got nothing really, not even an early download which would be nice since the stream is already out anyways.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Really loving the new album. Will definitely be catching a show.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    So the Fantastic Planet vinyl is shipping this coming week then...?
    I'm guessing so? That's the only other item I've ordered.

BUT DAMN, THIS ALBUM THO. Very, very pleased with it. There's not a song on it I don't like, and it carries over from Fantastic Planet so well that it's like they just went back to 1998 and carried on with their work. These guys can expect to see money from me for as long as they keep this reunion going.

Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    new pledgemusic message, download available monday apparently and physical items that are already shipped expected to reach us this week, let's hope that last part is true otherwise the pledge thing will end up a failure (no pun intended) as far as I am concerned, there wasn't anything really special for the pledgers especially since the physical items were quite overpriced, it would have been nice to have a few more special items, we got nothing really, not even an early download which would be nice since the stream is already out anyways.
    We got a couple songs early (more if you count Come Crashing and The Focus), album download is on Monday (Our download codes from the vinyl edition aren't good until the 30th. Oh well!) I mean, so far, things have gone exactly like almost any other average pledge campaign I've seen. The products were a little overpriced, but when you're as obscure a band as Failure is, you don't really have as many options to get funding as a band like Nine Inch Nails would have. :P You could have always waited until it was available through retail and paid considerably less.

Hell, I need to buy a new vinyl copy anyway. I accidentally dropped mine and put a huge scratch right in the middle of Petting the Carpet. It just loops over and over and over until I lift the needle. Don't worry, I was definitely shitting my pants plenty.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 06-28-2015 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Useless codes! Pah!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can anybody scan the lyrics? Disregard this post if this is immoral. I pledged and bought the digital release, by the way.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Just got my email but won't be home for another hour...fuuuuuu... Aside from Come Crashing, I Haven't heard any of the new stuff (even though I downloaded them). Can't wait to hear this.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Another masterpiece. The sonsabitches did it again.

Finally got a first full listen in with my buddy over the weekend, and a few since then. On the first time, the experience reminded me of the first time I heard The Fragile back in 99. I could tell that what I was hearing was fucking amazing, but couldn't quite wrap my head around it right away. I can't really make a comparison to Fantastic Planet for a few reasons, but as of right now I think this is the best possible follow up that they could have accomplished. FP is my favorite album ever, first heard it back in 1997, and I'd say THIAM is definitely in my top 3 of all albums I've listened to since that time.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    After my 1st listen I could do without the seques, but those remaining 12 songs are fantastic!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Waited till i recieved CD to listen to in full. Rarely have i had that much fun listening to a new album. Expectations (which were HIGH) met and exceeded. Sounds like they never left. Mullholand Dr is VERY "great days for the passenger element" by autolux, which i love. 'AM amnesia' is amazing as well as 'I can see houses'. Fuck they are all good. The segues break it up but keep it connected to FP which is very cool. What an achievment for these guys. Love it. Going to be listening to this one for a while.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Just got back from the free show here in LA.

The band played a short set. The new songs sound great live.

Setlist: (not in order)
    Hot Traveler
    AM Amnesia
    Another Space Song
    Dirty Blue Ballons
    (some song off of the first album)

Random tidbits:
    The most intimate gig I have ever been in.
    Tight band.
    Some of the dudes in the crowd need to get some deodorant.
    Fractals all the way.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Could someone tell me what the front cover is a picture of?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Haha I know, right? Fuck that album

Comfort is like "Failure...the High School years"
    You should have seen the blank faces around me.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Could someone tell me what the front cover is a picture of?
    I could be completely wrong, but I believe it's an egg cell being artificially fertilized? I mean, I say that based on a...MINIMAL (at best) knowledge of cellular growth and development, but anyone who does know, feel free to call me on my shit.

I feel like the artwork's intended to draw a comparison and contrast between THIAM and FP using pictures of microscopic things, similar to pictures you see comparing an eye's iris to a nebula in space that has the same color/form, but is obviously vastly different in size. I do remember reading that THIAM was supposed to be a sort of inverse continuation Fantastic Planet, and I totally feel it. The new album title even mentions an organ essential to sustaining life! FP was spacy and grand and external, and THAIM plays a lot with the same sounds, but gives it an intimate and internally-complex context. I think the artwork conveys all of that very well. Brilliantly done!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    So there's still no word on when the Fantastic Planet vinyls will ship?

Also, a bunch of friends on Instagram are complaining that their Pledge vinyl packaging was all fucked up when they arrived. Inserts creased, vinyls jammed into the jackets...one friend even got a download card for a completely different band/album in his package. Anyone else having these issues? Mine showed up five days early and in pristine condition, but kind of a bummer for so many others who stuck it out this long

My vinyl should be arriving any day now, but yeah, all the complaints on the packing job kinda got me worried. It's coming with a shirt so maybe that will provide some protective padding?

No love for Comfort, eh? I've always thought that the songs on there are fantastic, but the album itself suffers because of the Albini sound, esp. Ken's vocals being mixed so ungodly low. I love quite a huge chunk of Steve-o's work, but I don't think he was a good fit for them at all. I think the band said something similar once, maybe it was on the Golden doc commentary? I live about 3 hours away from that studio in Canon Falls, MN (where Nirvana also recorded In Utero), always wanted to check it out and take a tour. It looks like a cool place.

In other news, recently managed to snag myself an original copy of the Pro Catastrophe/Dipped In Anger 7" on discogs for under $20. Damn good condition too, along with the artwork. There's a couple more on there now, I see. A few copies of the spaceman head-shaped Stuck On You single listed pretty cheap as well.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Albini produced Magnified, didn't he? A massive step up from Comfort, imo. Comfort isn't bad. Production is so-so, and it doesn't seem like they really figured out their direction yet.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Albini produced Magnified, didn't he? A massive step up from Comfort, imo. Comfort isn't bad. Production is so-so, and it doesn't seem like they really figured out their direction yet.
    the other way around, albini produced comfort, his trademark sound is all over too, but yeah the production is very basic on that one but it also part of its charm.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    the other way around, albini produced comfort, his trademark sound is all over too, but yeah the production is very basic on that one but it also part of its charm.
    Gotcha. Was under the impression that he produced both.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Here is the correct setlist for yesterday:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/failur...-23f6bc87.html

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Gotcha. Was under the impression that he produced both.
    was fun watching that on periscope

good show. AM Amnesia sounds like its going to be killer live... Loved Otherwere live too.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yea... i with they would remix and remaster Comfort... you can kinda hear some things could be much better... like that first Trail of Dead album. that re-release cleaned up A LOT and was just what i always wanted.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I think i actually prefer comfort over magnified at this point. FP being number one. I love the first half of comfort, its almost sludgy/dirgey (is that a word?). And i like the drum sound as well. Very 'albini', but i just relistened to it and fuck its good. Better than i remember. If i didnt have the new one to listen to, i would be jamming comfort like crazy right now. Some of the songs sound the same to me but its a great debut. The songwriting on Magnified is without a doubt superior, but Comfort fucking jams.

THIAM:
    -The verses in 'atom city queen' with greg singing and the drum machines is too good. Would love more of that.
    -'Counterfeit sky' is amazing.
    -All of the songs are epic.
    -I love the connection to FP. The segues, the artwork (from space to the microscopic).
    -The electronics on it are great. Please keep going in this direction.
    -Production is perfect, clean, crisp but thick. Fuck, i just hope they continue to make music.
    Last edited by EndlessLoveless; 07-02-2015 at 02:03 PM.