Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Austin City Limits show aired April 5, 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No, they would be part of the 250. I'm guessing he has 10% of them based on what I've seen with other screenprint artists.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I had a friend buy one for me before I got in, without having seen the image, but it's really not that exciting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For all you who are interested, here's my version of the events that happened on Monday. I still cannot believe that I was there.

http://welldocumentedlife.blogspot.c...ood-karma.html

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRH129 View Post
    For all you who are interested, here's my version of the events that happened on Monday. I still cannot believe that I was there.

That's obviously Charlie Clouser in the photo with TR and Dr. Dre.

And only one song from TDS was played.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfang View Post
    That's obviously Charlie Clouser in the photo with TR and Dr. Dre.

And only one song from TDS was played.
    Thanks, man! My memory is really, slipping, slipping in my old age! It will be fixed soon...

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Thanks, man! My memory is really, slipping, slipping in my old age! It will be fixed soon...
    Charlie Clouser at the mixing desk with Trent and Dr. Dre, Danny Lohner in the background.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Charlie Clouser at the mixing desk with Trent and Dr. Dre, Danny Lohner in the background.
    You rock! Thanks. There was no caption on the photo I lifted--and I'm just not that good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I linked the JKL "All Time Low" in my blog post since it was so similar to the one I saw at ACL. Also, the version of "Various Methods of Escape" didn't do justice to how it was performed at ACL or St. Louis in October, for that matter (and is NOT linked as a result). The front row video of "Sanctified" was a also a pretty close match. It goes to show you that if you get good musicians (Ilan Rubin and Pino Palladino) you can really be inventive and new every time you play.

http://welldocumentedlife.blogspot.com/2013/11/good-karma.html

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Sound is always too reverby up in the balcony, but here's a link to download or stream an mp3 of Came Back Haunted from my audience recording of the ACL taping.

http://www17.zippyshare.com/v/60767804/file.html

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Sound is always too reverby up in the balcony, but here's a link to download or stream an mp3 of Came Back Haunted from my audience recording of the ACL taping.

http://www17.zippyshare.com/v/60767804/file.html
    that sounded great, thanks -- any others?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

AWESOME REVIEW! Thank You!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    that sounded great, thanks -- any others?
    I'll torrent the whole show eventually, but it needs remastering and I have other projects to work on first.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I'll torrent the whole show eventually, but it needs remastering and I have other projects to work on first.
    Thanks!!! Can't wait

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm hoping Varoius Methods of Escape makes the ACL final cut. Hearing Even Deeper for the first time was pretty cool as well.

I took a closer look at the poster today someone described a skeleton playing frisbee is actually a skeleton with a paintbrush and a spilled bucket of paint. It's about 1" wider and 1" taller than the old NIN show posters. The same size as the HM Tour Dates poster. Once it flattens back out, I'll find space for it.
    Last edited by ekrekel; 11-09-2013 at 02:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails to preform on Austin City Limits Show!

As a pioneering artist, Nine Inch Nails constantly seeks new ways to present its vision to the public. As America’s longest-running music television show, Austin City Limits regularly pushes the envelope of presenting music on the small screen. So it was only natural for NIN and ACL to bring their acronyms together for an electrifying performance.
    Fronting an eight-piece band that included longtime NIN guitarist Robin Finck, backing vocalists Lisa Fischer and Sharlotte Gibson and British bass legend Pino Palladino, Trent Reznor created an atmosphere of tension and release, with songs that offered both discomfort and catharsis. Opening with “All Time Low,” from the new album Hesitation Marks, the band rode an atmospheric funk groove married to classic NIN bile – “Everything is not OK!” Reznor seethed. NIN moved into the broiling “Sanctified,” from the debut Pretty Hate Machine, but pulled back from the original’s pound for a slow burn that raised the temperature in the theater. The droning “Disappointed” and the electrofunking “Copy of a” also grew in power, but never quite exploded, preferring instead to make the crowd sweat. The band constantly kept us on our toes with contrasting flavors – the pretty piano of “The Frail” leading directly into the scorched landscape of “The Wretched,” the noisy guitar swatches that punctuated the Reznorized soul of “Satellite,” the nervous electronic percussion under the soaring vocal of “While I’m Still Here,” the drum-heavy rumble leading into the singalong chorus of “The Big Come Down.” NIN challenge their audience even as they entertain them.
    When the tension was given release, the results were awesome, whether it was the roaring rock & roll crunch of “Came Back Haunted” or the melancholy piano and floating groove of “Find My Way.” NIN ended the show with its classic anthem “Hurt” – the ultimate in cathartic performance art. We can’t wait for our viewers to experience this show for themselves – watch this space for broadcast information.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Link to artical on the austin city limit's site http://acltv.com/2013/11/05/nine-inc...-expectations/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    A producer for ACL just told me that the show will be airing sometime in April and they should be confirming soon. April is going to be a great month.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Additionally, the audience audio of the full show will be torrented before Xmas, it just needs a bit more remastering.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I want one of those silkscreen prints, Rob Jones is one of my favourite silkscreen artists I'd contact him myself but I've already hounded him enough for certain prints this year!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

NIN playing Austin City Limits 11/4

This will air April 5 according to NIN's Facebook.
    Last edited by MrSlfDstruct; 12-20-2013 at 04:30 PM. Reason: date clarification

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    uhhh is it Apr 5th or May 4th?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^^do these performances get streamed on the acl website soon after they air on PBS do you know?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Its available at the same time. But its not going to be hd, if thats what youre expecting out of it.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Good thing someone posted this here, because Facebook hasn't bothered to put any of the last three NIN posts on my newsfeed. Why the fuck do I even use that site anymore if they don't actually show the posts of the people I'm supposedly following?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Audience audio of the full show is now available on Dime.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

NIN playing Austin City Limits 11/4

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Its available at the same time. But its not going to be hd, if thats what youre expecting out of it.
    Since I don't have a TV these days, I'll take what I can get.

Do they ever put shows out on DVD?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post

Select songs may end up on a DVD at the end of the program's season, but the full episode will not.

Fans are likely to torrent an HD rip of the video at Dime after the first broadcast.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post

Yes. I don't know how often, but one of my favorite live DVD releases to this day is Ben Folds Five at ACL, circa 1997(ish).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I just realized this airs on the same night that NIN play Lollapalooza Brazil, and if there is a stream we may have to make a choice...