Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Austin City Limits show aired April 5, 2014

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    You're a month ahead of yourself for NIN on ACL.
    What? No, they're all the weekend of April 4th, right?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I think it's the following week (not a month though).

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Maybe I'm alone in this but that setlist is pretty frustrating if you consider the Tension DVD that's on it's way. It would have been nice to have properly recorded of versions of songs that werent on the LA set list, like Various Methods or I Would For You. But every single song played in this episode will be on the other DVD. Hopefully they see the light of day in some way outside of the episode.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Austin City Limits announces a special broadcast featuring NINE INCH NAILS making a rare television appearance in an epic, full-hour performance. The new episode premieres on Saturday, April 5th as a preview of ACL’s 40th Anniversary Season.
    Same weekend indeed.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post
    Same weekend indeed.
    My bad. I was looking at the thread title and was wondering why it wasn't Americanized. But that was the performance date, wasn't it?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentofChaos View Post
    Maybe I'm alone in this but that setlist is pretty frustrating if you consider the Tension DVD that's on it's way. It would have been nice to have properly recorded of versions of songs that werent on the LA set list, like Various Methods or I Would For You. But every single song played in this episode will be on the other DVD. Hopefully they see the light of day in some way outside of the episode.
    VMOE was played in LA, according to RITC. So other than IWFY, the Tension DVD should cover everything that’s been edited out of ACL.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    My bad. I was looking at the thread title and was wondering why it wasn't Americanized. But that was the performance date, wasn't it?
    Yup, November 4.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    i believe they played the actual performance on november 4th, hence the thread title.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I think it may be time for the thread title to be changed, to reflect the broadcast date of 4/5.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentofChaos View Post
    I really hoped Various Methods of Escape would have made the list. It's one of my favorites from the new album.

This is thread should move to the tour journal at some point. I'd hate for it to get buried forever in the main tour forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Ah. I didn't know that. Has there ever been a commercial release of ACL footage? It would be cool if this made it onto the Tension release
    there has been commercial release of certain (not all) ACL shows both Best of Season XX and band specific, i don't know who or what determines the release of the band specific shows on dvd but those are owned/mfg/distributed by ACL/PBS so i don't think any of this footage will be on the TENSION DVD...i'm hoping PBS releases the full show on DVD. : fingers crossed :

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogibear303 View Post
    there has been commercial release of certain (not all) ACL shows both Best of Season XX and band specific, i don't know who or what determines the release of the band specific shows on dvd but those are owned/mfg/distributed by ACL/PBS so i don't think any of this footage will be on the TENSION DVD...i'm hoping PBS releases the full show on DVD. : fingers crossed :
    Has PBS done this with other bands? Is there a precedent?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redshoewearer View Post
    I keep thinking the answer is yes, and wanting to cite Ben Folds Five. But I just realized that that was Sessions at West 54th, not ACL.

Damnit.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    A quick amazon search found me this

R.E.M. - Live From Austin TX
    http://amzn.com/B0041WM9WA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh yeah! I don't know the contracts or parameters of what goes into a single band release DVD for ACL but the answer is yes, I mean, you can buy them in the airport here in Austin.

http://www.shoppbs.org/family/index....goryId=2831220
    Last edited by Yogibear303; 03-19-2014 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Link

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Really looking forward to watching this. Anyone able to find out when this stuff is on next week and if it's watchable online at the time of broadcast (via tunnelbear in case of region locking) ? And will it be generally viewable after the broadcasts?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Fucking hell. Just checked the listing for our local PBS station, and while they'll be showing the show on Saturday, it'll be on one of their subchannels that I don't get. Just my luck.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I already got the episode set to record on that night as I'm very excited to see this on HD TV.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    "Copy of a Copy"...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Leslie Nichols, a producer of the show says on twitter it will be available online at this address on the evening of the 5th
    http://video.pbs.org/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    If anyone's looking for a simple way to stream it on their TV, PBS has an app on Xbox and episodes are usually posted the morning after they air including ACL. I think they're available for at least a few weeks.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Fucking hell. Just checked the listing for our local PBS station, and while they'll be showing the show on Saturday, it'll be on one of their subchannels that I don't get. Just my luck.
    My PBS station isn't showing it until April 12. Bleh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My local PBS station doesn't have it on the schedule this weekend or next nor on any of the other 3 subchannels they broadcast. I've emailed them about any Austin City Limits airings because I tuned in for QOTS and they didn't air that either! All they seem to like to show are repeats of BBC shows....don't get me wrong I LIKE those shows but when PBS has new content shouldn't that actually AIR?! Hopefully I get a response from them about when/if it airs....waiting....hoping.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Sorry if I'm late on this but this sounds pretty darn awesome... (I haven't heard the new Sanctified until now).

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle View Post
    Sorry if I'm late on this but this sounds pretty darn awesome... (I haven't heard the new Sanctified until now).

Ya'll been living under a rock?!

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Ya'll been living under a rock?!
    Apparently, @Canuckle , your apology wasn't good enough for @Ryan

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Yes hurry up and impress me!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Yes hurry up and impress me!
    As an avid NIN fan, I avoided this version until now! Are you not entertained?! Impressed?! AGASP?!

Frankly, I wanted to avoid the majority of poor sounding versions of Sanctified given the rave reviews it received. I broke on this version seeing at was endorsed specifically by NIN themselves. The video is new though... so I hope it was still a worthwhile contribution (unless it's not new and I am again, unimpressive).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The highest quality on the website is 480p, after you give them either a facebook account or gmail profile so that they can shake you down for money. If you have access to OTA PBS HD, that's 1080i. My local PBS station is playing this at midnight on 4/6. I know what I'll be doing early Sunday morning.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    "Copy of a Copy"...
    HD Copy of A...