Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: ††† (Crosses)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Sweet! Seeing them in SF on Saturday. Makes me fucking sad/sick that everyone in all the videos has their camera/phone out. Enjoy the goddamn music.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I was JUST thinking that. Sure I wanna see the odd YouTube video, but seriously EVERY person there has their phone out. Money well spent, folks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Set List Pomona-

Holy Ghost
    This is a Trick
    Bermuda Locket
    Frontiers
    Prurient
    Telepathy
    Cross
    The Years
    Option
    -Encore-
    Unknown Song with Annie Hardy (Sp?)
    Trophy

I'm fairly sure this is accurate and in order. Considering this was their first live presentation and allowing for sound issues in a so so venue this was a great show. The crowd was very enthusiastic and I think there were more people recording than usual because it was a premiere. Watching two drummers play facing each other was unique and significantly impacted the feel of the tracks. I was pleasantly surprised they played Cross, it sounded great live. The Annie song was almost comedic as Chino was trying very hard to hit those high notes, smiling and giggling throughout the song.

The Amateur Chemist was in attendance and I'm sure he'll post an OC Weekly review shortly, with high quality pics.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Nice to see they play pretty much everything, though I did expect as much since they only have 2 releases. Speaking of which, what were the prices on merch? Apparently they are selling the 10" outside of that $99 rip-off of a package.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Want to see them on sat but im booked for a shoot...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    Nice to see they play pretty much everything, though I did expect as much since they only have 2 releases. Speaking of which, what were the prices on merch? Apparently they are selling the 10" outside of that $99 rip-off of a package.
    Rip off package? I thought that was worth it for everything you got as far as I seen it. The vinyl, shirt, scarf and flash drive alone was a good deal to me. I don't have a magical $100.00 laying around to buy it though.

But yes they are selling it, I've known that for a while now.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I knew it first.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Rip off package? I thought that was worth it for everything you got as far as I seen it. The vinyl, shirt, scarf and flash drive alone was a good deal to me. I don't have a magical $100.00 laying around to buy it though.

But yes they are selling it, I've known that for a while now.
    I can tell ya now that a 10" record, t-shirt, scarf and flash drive (plus keychains and stickers) don't add up to $100. Even the box it comes in is basically one that would be used to gift sweaters or something. Nothing against the band or anything but $100 for all that isn't that great. Especially when they didn't give an option to buy anything on it's own.

Found out the record is $15 at shows btw.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    $100.00 is pricey and you're correct as the contents inside not equaling up to that price but it is a limited edition run package with some one of a kind items.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    disappointed that no recordings have seemed to surface from the few live shows they played...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    And the live videos are mostly of lesser quality on YouTube as well. They did a cover of Q. Lazzarus' "Goodbye Horses" which sounded pretty cool.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Is it cool if I pop back in here to again mention how badly I want them to play at Lolla? Because I seriously want/need this pretty badly.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatecrayons View Post
    Is it cool if I pop back in here to again mention how badly I want them to play at Lolla? Because I seriously want/need this pretty badly.
    I feel like with them already playing Lolla Chile that it's a pretty big bet they'll be at Chicago.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blugel View Post
    disappointed that no recordings have seemed to surface from the few live shows they played...
    Some recordings have surfaced, but they're all audience recorded and not very good at all...sigh. Just go poke around Deftones message board Sharing Lungs and you'll find them.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

So fucking jealous. Would kill to see one of these shows. Still sour I missed out on Team Sleep. Like that they closed with The Years too, gives that set a killer finish.

Doubt they come to the East coast for a while sadly, if ever. I imagine we'll see at least one more EP and some more California dates before Chino goes back and does his Deftones thing, but who knows. Seems like they're having fun. Wonder if they'll get around to doing a full length record?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well, the Deftones announced that their plan is to hit the studio in July so time's quickly running out.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Well, the Deftones announced that their plan is to hit the studio in July so time's quickly running out.
    Sadly but after what Diamond Eyes held in touch with I wouldn't be disappointed at all.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Woah, shit, seriously? I was JUST saying yesterday how I really hope Deftones get a new album out by the end of the year.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    More like White Pony? Hmm I am intrigued only because of the style White Pony had mixed with the later endeavors of what the band is now after 12 years. White Pony is my least favorite album from Deftones, but the direction they were taking musically I really loved.

EDIT: More Team Sleep god dammit.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    White Pony is my least favorite album from Deftones, but the direction they were taking musically I really loved.

Woah woah there buddy. White Pony is my favorite, and I think A LOT of peoples favorite Deftones album. Let's bite our tongue.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's no Around The Fur... It was with White Pony, where they had really began experimenting, trying new things, and it worked. Those two albums are ace.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Woah woah there buddy. White Pony is my favorite, and I think A LOT of peoples favorite Deftones album. Let's bite our tongue.
    Ouch! It is definitely in my top 3 favorite albums. I don't care for some of Chinos lyrics on WP though.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    White Pony is my least favorite!

I'm a long time fan but I feel like S/T kicked off an important period of growth and diversity for them.

Like Linus and Around the Fur have very special places in my heart though.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    White Pony is my least favorite!

I'm a long time fan but I feel like S/T kicked off an important period of growth and diversity for them.

Like Linus and Around the Fur have very special places in my heart though.
    Ahh I love this post. S/T is my favorite album and has been for many years. I thought it was very very well balanced. Lucky You will always be on of my favorite Deftones songs.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    S/T is my second favorite album of theres. I absolutely do not understand why everyone hates that album so much. At all. Yet somehow there is a massive chunk of the Deftones fan base that hates that cd. It blows my mind. Definitely the darkest and heaviest (in both meanings) stuff they've ever done.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I've seen the hate for it die out over the years as it grows on people. In fact I've seen a lot more love for it in the time surrounding the Release of Diamond eyes. You have to love that unique sound, there really is no other album that sounds like S/T. It's one of those rare moments when an artist really starts to understand what their music is about. And then in SNW abes drumming and the band's rhythms become so much more sophisticated with tracks like Ratsratsrats and Rapture. They went from being a band that just really rocked to a band with some serious technical talent.

I'm optimistic but worried for the next album. The last three have all started off really easy for them and then derailed by something really awful, and wound up taking longer than expected. Here's hoping LP7/8/9 (depending on how you look at it) is smooth sailing for them.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I don't know, dude. I feel like they've taken the Chi situation and made the most positive they could with it. I don't think anyone in the band is on bad terms at all, and Diamond Eyes felt and sounded like it was made effortlessly, so I bet the next one will be the same way. I have tons of faith that it will be great. The band as a whole seems to be in a really great place right now, and I cannot be more excited about that.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I've re-visted both EPs a bit recently... 2>1. More mature/confident...undeniable goodness. A swell listen throughout.

EP 1 has always had "Option" going for it (BEWARE THE CHORUS), and I like Holyghost and Cross quite a bit.

I regret not going to the Pomona, CA show. YOU'RE SO STUPID.