Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Converge

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    This is ruling my life right now. Possibly the best thing they've ever done.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Damn, these reactions are making me melt. Now to listen to the fucking album!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Absolutely loving this shit. Jacob's vocals have reached new heights.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    i just moshed right through the front wall of my house & killed my whole neighborhood. then i threw a car through the freedom tower.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Fuck. The opening riff of 'Trespasses'. Fuck.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Any word on whether the pre-orders have shipped? I'd like to think we'd get the record in the mail by the release date.. but if they haven't shipped them yet, that probably won't be the case...Which is kind of annoying.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Mine hasn't. I preordered ATF and it shipped just before release date...didn't get it until shortly after.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Obviously due to the leak, and for those who haven't heard it yet:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Worth noting that that stream has the three bonus tracks as well. The re-recorded "On My Shield" and "Runaway" fucking slay. That artwork is pretty legit, too.

Man, this album is ungodly.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    After one-and-a-half listens, my penis grew a penis.

How is possible that Jake's scream sounds even more vicious than on Axe To Fall? There are these subtle differences with his voice on each album (obviously much different from before JD, but still). As for the sound, it's got the sludge and atmosphere of You Fail Me, the metal speed of Axe To Fall, and the hardcore tendencies of Petitioning The Empty Sky, but DEFINITELY its own thing.
    Last edited by joplinpicasso; 10-03-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clownboat View Post
    Worth noting that that stream has the three bonus tracks as well. The re-recorded "On My Shield" and "Runaway" fucking slay. That artwork is pretty legit, too.

Man, this album is ungodly.

Totally didn't know they rerecorded those additional tracks. Love the vibe of the new album. Empty on the inside and The Glacial Pace stick out for me right now. Love JB vocals on the closer songs too. Coral Blue could be on Baroness' Yellow and Green album. And that is not a bad thing.
    Last edited by fortheloveofgod; 10-03-2012 at 07:07 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    i can't help but hear WOLLY BULLY at the end of Trespasses.. It fucks with me so hard..

I've listened to this album around 5 times since yesterday, and at first I wasn't sure what to make of it.. Now, as I begin my 6th playthrough, I'm pretty sure this will remove You Fail Me from the number one Converge record spot.. God damn, this thing keeps getting better and better

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I can't get over the rerecorded On My Shield. The track is old news at this point but this new version of it beckons to be my favorite track... It seriously sounds like it could be a bootleg of a live recording with soundboard quality. Makes me think the band really succeeded in their goal for the album to capture their live feel.
    Last edited by Clownboat; 10-03-2012 at 10:32 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I heard that too hahaha.

WOOLY BULLY!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    HOLY MOTHER OF FUCKING GOD!!!!!!
    This album DESTROYS!!!
    has a "Doomriders feeling" to me and that is very good.

I can only say:

TRESPASSES, TRESPASSES, TRESPASSES...I have another asshole

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Looks like the vinyl was delayed due to some manufacturing complications. Deathwish emailed everyone about it. On the bright side, we'll be getting download codes of the full album today to make up for it!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Just got the email confirmation, my order is shipped! Alas, I'm on the other side of the continent and if it's like ATF...I'll be among the very last to get it lol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    oh shit, just got a download link from kings road... stuck at work though. balls.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The 17-track version flows so much better. The transition from Runaway (which has fucking teeth now, goddamn!) to Predatory Glow is much better and makes that last track a lot better as an album closer. Before this, I would've preferred the title track to end it, but this is perfect now.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Listening to the new album all the way through is EXHAUSTING in the best possible way.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Booo, I want to hear the three additional tracks and Deathwish/Kingsroad haven't sent me my link yet... Sad times

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'll just wait for a link.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I got my link last night for the deluxe version from deathwish and I only ordered regular version. Yeah me for extra tracks!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The bonus tracks make it so much better, and it was already a fucking masterpiece.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I honestly think this may be my favorite converge album. I don't think I've really connected with any of their other works like I have with this one.

I LOVE You Fail Me, but this thing is a fucking beast in a way that they just have not achieved before.. Fuck yes.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Agreed, of course we're biased, but it really is that good. And my friend from out east was texting me pics of the special edition book he managed to get his hands on...it looks nice. Reeeeaaally nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I absolutely adore Converge, but after listening to this album a few times I'm just not sure about it. I know it takes awhile for their albums to really sink in, at least for me it does, but I would rank this album pretty low in their catalog as of now. One thing I'm just not feeling is all of Kurt's leads on this album, I saw it coming over the past few EP releases but I'm real iffy on it. That said, Bannon always knows how to do album artwork right, the art book is excellent.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    My book and tee arrived this morning.
    Only had a chance to have a quick look, but the art is pretty ace. Bit of a shame some gets lost in the page fold!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Greta album. Been needing something worthwhile to listen to lately. Down IV has been my only companion but now I have this.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Finally ordered the deluxe cd/book -- don't know what took so long! Wonder which number I'll have. This album already impressed me musically, but now it's growing on me emotionally, as all Converge albums do. Favorites:

Shame In The Way
    Predatory Glow
    Sadness Comes Home
    Sparrow's Fall
    Glacial Pace
    so many others...ugh.