Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Aphex Twin

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    apologies for the stupid question, but is there any way to download these without ripping at 128kbps? any means i've found to download via soundcloud only pull the stream at that bitrate, which is no good for this treasure trove of sounds!
    Was just looking into that... and I think unfortunately the answer is no. The stream is transcoded to 128kbps... so no matter what quality the files were when he uploaded them, we only have access to the transcoded-to-stream quality.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i'm surprised they aren't available for download as well. soundcloud *does* allow for download of higher bitrate and even wavs, but it's a setting the user has to select. maybe once he's done uploading? a boy can dream.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    If those are the 10 albums of material he was sitting on, then I guess we can expect about 130 or 140 songs.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    i'm surprised they aren't available for download as well. soundcloud *does* allow for download of higher bitrate and even wavs, but it's a setting the user has to select. maybe once he's done uploading? a boy can dream.
    That's up to the uploader I think... maybe if someone hacks the account? I am absolutely not suggesting that anyone do this... I'm still way too grateful.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Uh oh, he's at it again.

Another Aphex-tinged day is in store for us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    sorry if a repost, just recently stumbled upon this guy... amazing.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Well, if you needed absolute confirmation that the uploads have been legit - here ya go! https://twitter.com/AphexTwin/status/560863174040096769

I was gonna say something like 'maybe this official acknowledgement means this will be the end of all this unreleased material for a while' but that probably won't be the case.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The new Aphex EP has a sort of fragmented jazz atmosphere throughout. The track PianoUn10ithappened ..is so beautiful.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    James' comment on soundcloud:
    none of these uploads have been mastered by the way so you might need to tweak the eq a bit, like this one needs a bit more low added etc. Might re-do the most popular ones but rather be makin new stuff

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Yeah I'd love to see a bunch of these mastered and released in lossless.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I heard the new EP an hour ago and man... it's fucking good. I want more!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    ^----What an asshole. Awww man, he only released 120 songs this month. Bummer dude! haha

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Has anything come up about the identity or Somadril?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    If anyone runs across a well organized torrent or upload of the entire 111 (or was it 112) song collection with organized tags and whatnot please post it. I'll do the same. I have everything downloaded, but it's gonna take some work to get everything looking nice.

edit: There's this: http://104.236.16.63/
    It includes the tape cover jpgs that came out of the woodwork and the deleted tracks, but I don't know how organized the tags and titles are. Also, how the hell do you download the whole thing at once?
    Last edited by Magtig; 01-30-2015 at 02:22 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    If anyone runs across a well organized torrent or upload of the entire 111 (or was it 112) song collection with organized tags and whatnot please post it. I'll do the same. I have everything downloaded, but it's gonna take some work to get everything looking nice.

edit: There's this: http://104.236.16.63/
    It includes the tape cover jpgs that came out of the woodwork and the deleted tracks, but I don't know how organized the tags and titles are. Also, how the hell do you download the whole thing at once?
    https://mega.co.nz/#!3cNjkAaC!ujXngj...tP-sF5c10o7D08

Edit: and I found this cover art which I think is really nice and professional looking:

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I was expecting there to be a least a little bit of filler in the set, but every track I've heard so far is great. Who else but RDJ could keep so much killer material up his sleeves for decades?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xmd 5a View Post
    I was expecting there to be a least a little bit of filler in the set, but every track I've heard so far is great. Who else but RDJ could keep so much killer material up his sleeves for decades?
    It's truly music history in the making. He literally just gave us (roughly) 10 albums in one shot and we didn't even pass the year 2000. As greedy as it sounds I'm still praying to god, allah, buddha, satan, science and zeus for Druqks era tracks. It's my favorite AT album.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    It's truly music history in the making. He literally just gave us (roughly) 10 albums in one shot and we didn't even pass the year 2000. As greedy as it sounds I'm still praying to god, allah, buddha, satan, science and zeus for Druqks era tracks. It's my favorite AT album.
    How do you know these tracks are all pre-druqks?

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    How do you know these tracks are all pre-druqks?
    Have you listened to the Aphex Twin catalog?

If you have as extensively as some of us have, it's not really a question. His style evolves over time, and while certain tracks on the Soundcloud account sound like they're from RDJ or are related to ICBYD or SAW1, there's nothing that sounds like what's on Druqks. If you haven't listened that closely to that much of his material, you're going to have to take our words for it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    What Levi said, plus he put dates on quite a few of them.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Have you listened to the Aphex Twin catalog?

If you have as extensively as some of us have, it's not really a question. His style evolves over time, and while certain tracks on the Soundcloud account sound like they're from RDJ or are related to ICBYD or SAW1, there's nothing that sounds like what's on Druqks. If you haven't listened that closely to that much of his material, you're going to have to take our words for it.
    The thing is... if 7 Cutting is an outtake from the RDJAlbum era... how did that not make it on the album?!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Those more recent tracks with "ab6" in the title were for a possible Analogue Bubblebath 6, I guess? Which might have been released around 1996/97?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    On his soundcloud page he wrote "***hello humans, hopefully im gunna start making all these tracks downloadable from 6pm next saturday 7th Feb, [if i can find some internets]"

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    On his soundcloud page he wrote "***hello humans, hopefully im gunna start making all these tracks downloadable from 6pm next saturday 7th Feb, [if i can find some internets]"
    YESSSSSS!!!!

Also, remember that MIDI controlled orchestra thing he did a while back? https://soundcloud.com/richarddjames...b-orc-1953-rev

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm (sort of) new to Aphex Twin. I remember buying selected ambient works vol.1 when it was first released and enjoying it (still have that cd) but never bothered with any of his stuff since then.
    I downloaded all these s/cloud tracks to hear what all the fuss was and I've been loving them.
    Where should I go next, any recommendations?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camille View Post
    I'm (sort of) new to Aphex Twin. I remember buying selected ambient works vol.1 when it was first released and enjoying it (still have that cd) but never bothered with any of his stuff since then.
    I downloaded all these s/cloud tracks to hear what all the fuss was and I've been loving them.
    Where should I go next, any recommendations?
    Druqks, Selected Ambient Works II, Richard D James (album), I Care Because You Do, Syro. They're all fucking great. After that fill in the gaps with the eps like Come to Daddy and Windowlicker.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY View Post
    Ha! I vaguely recall reading about this track, years ago. If I recall correctly (and you should Google it because I probably don't), Luke Vibert had a remix competition done in cooperation with Future Music magazine. The usual hundreds or thousands of submissions came in, and this track was submitted either anonymously, or under an alias, totally took home the top prize. It was only later that it came out that the remix was by none other than RDJ. Twat, haha.

Edit: Ooh. They all have download buttons next to them. YUSSS

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Druqks, Selected Ambient Works II, Richard D James (album), I Care Because You Do, Syro. They're all fucking great. After that fill in the gaps with the eps like Come to Daddy and Windowlicker.
    "On EP" was the first Aphex record I got. Great stuff.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    It's a shame that most of these tracks are crap.