Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Aphex Twin

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    It was never officially announced, but apparently it was on their schedule before it got pulled. Like I said, they probably should have made sure it passed all of the broadcast standards before they put it on the schedule.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Holy shit, what a track.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Fuck me. I need a cigarette after that.

By the way, anyone catch some of the references in the opening text? I saw something about "Britain's Got Talent", "Star Wars", and "living in a failed simulation" (maybe RDJ wants to "add a little violence", luuuuul).
    Last edited by BRoswell; 08-07-2018 at 12:29 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acrid avid jam shred View Post

Holy shit, what a track.
    That totally looks like a cyriak video. And yeah, probably not safe for epileptics...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Trying to order this on the Bleep store was quite an exercise in patience for a while – site was just dead as hell, then when I was able to make an order, I had to submit it twice due to an error it gave me, and the second time was successful despite getting a 'took to long to respond' browser error. If that happens to you, make sure you check your email for a receipt before trying to re-order or anything.

Grabbed the expensive as fuck chrome cassette. I wonder where those are being made.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The collapse EP is out. One of the best releases of the year.
    1st 44 is my new favorite Aphex track.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    It's incredible. So much to explore - it sounds like the future.

Absolutely astounded with this one, it's like a next step from the Syro phase.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    I got the 24bit WAV version and also received the 16bit version (with a bonus extended remix of the title track) as well. Great stuff! Genius-tier work once again.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    He's been on such a roll since his return. New EP is fantastic, been loving it since it leaked.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I got the 24bit WAV version and also received the 16bit version (with a bonus extended remix of the title track) as well. Great stuff! Genius-tier work once again.
    What or where did you order to get the bonus track?

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    What or where did you order to get the bonus track?
    http://aphextwin.warp.net -- you can also just buy the track as a standalone there. Your same login/password, if you have a Bleep.com account, will work though you may have to re-enter a credit card number. Lots of extra tracks bundled with his previous releases there, too.
    Last edited by botley; 09-14-2018 at 09:14 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Have to wait on the package of this EP and the new Orbital album to come in the mail from Amazon. Needless to say, this one gets a spin first.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Lots of extra tracks bundled with his previous releases there, too.
    Those are from the Soundcloud dump, right? Arranged roughly into styles/eras for 'appropriate' bonuses by album?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Added by the man himself supoosedly to their respective eras/albums, but with him who knows, really?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Collapse sounds great. So consistent.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    HOLY SHIT. This is amazing.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    There are so few artists in the same league. Who? Autechre, for sure. After that there's loads of great stuff, but a pretty big drop off. Boards of Canada maybe? Eno & GAS for ambient stuff? Maybe a little Venetian Snares (definitely not as good as RDJ on an emotional level, but technically incredible). The more I listen to Aphex and the rest of the stuff out there in the world, the more I ask myself how this is even possible. I saw a review of the new ep that said it doesn't even make sense to compare Aphex Twin to other artists, in terms of quality, it mostly just makes sense to compare it to it's own past (which is also problematic, but I can understand why they might make a statement like this).

All I know is if I get a new car stereo I'm using this ep as a stress test.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Really like this new EP. I do feel like this is the first release that you can hear other modern influences. Jlin comes to mind, which I know he likes because he has played her a bit over last few years when DJ-ing.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    There are so few artists in the same league. Who? Autechre, for sure. After that there's loads of great stuff, but a pretty big drop off. Boards of Canada maybe? Eno & GAS for ambient stuff? Maybe a little Venetian Snares (definitely not as good as RDJ on an emotional level, but technically incredible). The more I listen to Aphex and the rest of the stuff out there in the world, the more I ask myself how this is even possible. I saw a review of the new ep that said it doesn't even make sense to compare Aphex Twin to other artists, in terms of quality, it mostly just makes sense to compare it to it's own past (which is also problematic, but I can understand why they might make a statement like this).

All I know is if I get a new car stereo I'm using this ep as a stress test.
    I put Amon Tobin and Clark up there. Amon Tobin's ISAM is stellar and the sound design is out of this world.

Last edited by neorev; 09-17-2018 at 07:04 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    an NYC show coming up 4/11. Probably Brooklyn. These posters are popping up around town.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Excited to see Richard for the first time! Hope he plays some of the 90's stuff I grew up on. Is that even how his shows work?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Excited to see Richard for the first time! Hope he plays some of the 90's stuff I grew up on. Is that even how his shows work?
    I was idly wondering the same thing recently.

Based on what I was able to discern from setlist.fm and Youtube, it seems like he does more of a DJ set with some fairly limited amount of his own material interspersed. Looks like he has a nice light show at least.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I don't recall him doing a single thing of his own material at Coachella 2008, rather just very Aphex Twin like mixes of other works. I still think it would be worth going to for sure.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Bummer, but still worth it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I love Aphex Twin, but he's kind of an anomaly in my music tastes as I'm not really into much other similar acts and I'm not really into raves, so I'm wondering if it would be worth it for me to go, just to say I saw him, or if its not gonna be my scene at all.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I love Aphex Twin, but he's kind of an anomaly in my music tastes as I'm not really into much other similar acts and I'm not really into raves, so I'm wondering if it would be worth it for me to go, just to say I saw him, or if its not gonna be my scene at all.
    well, just because it's live electronic music doesn't make it a "rave."
    I've always disliked the term "rave," but I can pretty much promise you that Aphex will be getting on some time before midnight, and the show will probably end some time before the sun comes up, so it won't be "that sort of thing."

Also, I think if you're going mostly because you want to check it off a list and say you saw him play, you are likely to walk away disappointed.
    For me though, I think I'm going to be taking a trip to NY in April.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Gaaaah $85 plus fees!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I saw Aphex Twin once in 2005 do a audio, visual show with Chris Cunningham in London, around the time Rubber Johnny was released ,it was mind bending, very intense images on screen. Insane visual effects.. But the music played was a mixture of his own material most from, Druqks and various other artists
    I could not figure out if I was watching someone playing or Djing.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Im still holding onto hope for a San Francisco date.