Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Aphex Twin

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    51 fucking tracks.

Jesus.

edit: Now 52.

How far do you think this will go?
    Last edited by Magtig; 01-27-2015 at 05:34 PM.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    It's too much. I can't handle all this, all at once.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    this is insane and awesome

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    good stuff

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Square Dance = Heliosphan from SAW 85-92
    bcr78 has a synth line that comesi n around 1:25 that would later become Next Heap With, the closing track on ICBYD.

There's a lot more like this in here, and I LOVE IT.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    This would have probably made my 13-year-old head explode. Unbelievable!

Oh and the new EP is really good, too.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    i'm super late to the party. are these all still available? if not, anybody have a torrent or something put together for them yet?

edit: I'm asking mostly because they won't seem to download for me, with three separate download plugins. hmm.
    Last edited by Demogorgon; 01-27-2015 at 06:46 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Not sure if I should care or not, but pitchfork gave Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments Part 2 an 8.3
    http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/...uments-pt2-ep/

EDIT: Also, if someone could collect these demos and put them in one easily downloadable chunk (like a torrent), that'd be great.
    Last edited by binaryhermit; 01-27-2015 at 07:17 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    They'll wind up in a torrent eventually, but he's still uploading. We're downloading them from Soundcloud with a Chrome extension.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...cfbignci?hl=en

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    It's too much. I can't handle all this, all at once.
    It's like discovering an artist that you fall completely in love who has an extensive back catalog. Except that we've all been fans for years -starved fans- so it compounds the effect. Has anyone ever done anything like this?

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    What's funny is, even though I know there will be dozens of people collecting and cataloging these files, every time a new one shows up, I download it right away, because WHAT IF IT DISAPPEARS FOREVER.

When this first started, and it was his early stuff, I thought, "Neat, a peek into the primordial elements of what would become some of my favorite music." As the tracks got newer and newer, they got progressively better, and I think I actually have some new Aphex Twin favorites on this Soundcloud. I gotta hand it to the guy, for all his talk about having mountains of unreleased music, and how his albums are just semi-random selections from piles of probably equal stuff, he's really come out of nowhere to publicly bear an enormous amount of proof backing what he was saying. And he's just putting it out there, which is borderline insane. I mean, it's incredibly generous, and I guess these days it's easy to confuse generosity for insanity.

Has anyone ever done anything like this? Maybe Fugazi's archive dump is along similar lines, but each of the live shows they've released has been a $5 download, IIRC. Trent put most of his catalog on TPB, but the only unreleased thing in that pile was "All the Love in the World" with the Twilight Zone sample in it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    What's funny is, even though I know there will be dozens of people collecting and cataloging these files, every time a new one shows up, I download it right away, because WHAT IF IT DISAPPEARS FOREVER.
    I think many people are doing that, including me.

I gotta hand it to the guy, for all his talk about having mountains of unreleased music, and how his albums are just semi-random selections from piles of probably equal stuff, he's really come out of nowhere to publicly bear an enormous amount of proof backing what he was saying.
    I was always very skeptical of those claims. He said he had ten albums of unreleased material. Well, Syro + CCIpt2 + 60 unreleased tracks with no end in sight is making me think that there could be far MORE than 10 albums he's been sitting on. I'm trying not to be a broken record and say it's blowing my mind for the millionth time, but it's blowing my goddamn mind.

And he's just putting it out there, which is borderline insane. I mean, it's incredibly generous, and I guess these days it's easy to confuse generosity for insanity.
    Somewhere an accountant at Warp records is uncontrollably crying (while he sits at the edge of his seat listening to each new upload).

Has anyone ever done anything like this? Maybe Fugazi's archive dump is along similar lines, but each of the live shows they've released has been a $5 download, IIRC. Trent put most of his catalog on TPB, but the only unreleased thing in that pile was "All the Love in the World" with the Twilight Zone sample in it.
    What established artist has this much high quality material just sitting in the vaults?! For christ sake RDJ's existing output would make almost any musician jealous and it turns out there's mountains more that he hasn't bothered to release.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    I never doubted him for a second. He lies about *everything* else, but he has never once lied about how much music he creates or how it's made, as far as I know!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Am I correct that there are 59 tracks so far?

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Correct. Almost double the number of tracks on DrukQs. For free. In just two days.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Speaking of new favorites: 19 Ssnb is just gorgeous. So is 14 07 B.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Making up for lost time, eh? I dig his style.

Most of what I've heard is early to mid-90s stuff.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Trent, please do this with all The Fragile demos.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    Has anyone ever done anything like this?
    The short answer is definitely "no"

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    So he's basically ensuring Kanye will never ever run low on sampling material ?

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Listening again and holy shit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Some unreleased RDJ Album shit would just make my day (week, year, decade....)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    He's back at it. Track count stands at 67. It's starting to sound more and more modern. I'm crossing my fingers for Drukqs era tracks.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    What a time to be alive.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Sitting here and enjoying it. These early tracks show Kraftwerk's influence on the early Richard D. James.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Ugh rdj album bsides yes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    At a loss for words. Dude's a legend.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Some people online were saying he took down all the music from Soundcloud... seems to still be up there for me? With what seems to be over 80 songs?

Just counted... maybe I missed some, but I came up with 96. NINETY SIX NEW FULL LENGTH APHEX TWIN SONGS. What the hell is going on?
    Last edited by Jinsai; 01-28-2015 at 08:58 PM.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    7 Cutting is maybe the greatest thing evrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    apologies for the stupid question, but is there any way to download these without ripping at 128kbps? any means i've found to download via soundcloud only pull the stream at that bitrate, which is no good for this treasure trove of sounds!