Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    The music of that rework is fun. Sounds like something RTJ would be good on
    Definitely not RZA best outing.
    A Run The Jewels/Prodigy collab would be a dream

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    This re-amp ows a lot to EL-P's production style, imo. It even sounds like they sampled a sound that appears prominently throughout a song by EL called Squegee Man Shooting.

I loved TFOTL era and its ruggedness, when LH was basically producing Hip Hop beats (with dusty samples and vocal scratches and stuff) on 140 bpm. These days The Prodigy feels too clean and one note for me.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Rene Lavice's drum n' bass remix of Breathe RZA collab drops this Friday! Been waiting for this to come out.

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Wow, nothing about the upcoming shows?

Since Skinny Puppy canceled Hellfest and I paid for the insurance on my airfare, i managed to get a ticket to the July 14th Mountford Hall show. How a venue with a 2000 person capacity didn't manage to sell out right away is beyond me, but I'm not complaining. Prodigy has a reputation for being loud as shit and this is going to be a fucking AWESOME way to experience them for the first time live.

Been listening to Prodigy since 1996 and I always pictured having to come to the UK to see them live! Fingers crossed no more cancelations!!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    would love for them to tour the States. I haven't seen them before, and I'd certainly go.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    would love for them to tour the States. I haven't seen them before, and I'd certainly go.
    I got tickets to Chicago Open Air 2019 as they were the deciding factor in an already solid line up. Show was still pretty good but would have been better seeing The Prodigy before Tool.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    first time i saw them was on their Poison’95 tour, at Brixton Academy, it was bloody amazing, special guests were ‘the Chemical Brothers’ when back then they were known as ‘the Dust Brothers’ before they were forced to change their name. but damn it was so good! i bought a t-shirt on the back with tour dates, with a picture of a hand with it’s middle finger sticking up, my mum didn’t approve and decided to throw it away after my stepdad mentioned it to her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    How are the live shows going to work now?

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    How are the live shows going to work now?
    a) Flint vocals on backing tapes, Maxim and the crowd sing along

or

b) Axl Rose

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I watched a new Netflix movie last night, Choose or Die, and noticed Liam Howlett scored it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I grew up on these guys.

I feel that FOTL was their Black Album. In retrospect it was an excellent album but a beginning of the end as far as certain aspects of their sound went.

I guess I am one of those MFJG guys that thinks that album was perfection and nothing else has really matched it.

A few of the new songs are sounding pretty cool. I really prefer when they stick to a dance floor sound as opposed to a rock/pop format.

I always enjoyed these

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    It bewilders me why bands still get upset about album leaks in 2015. Is there some kind of record label bonus check or sweetheart deal the band gets if they can make it to the projected album release date without their album leaking?

Because as soon as the album IS released, it's just going to be uploaded for free all over the web regardless. What difference does seven more days make? Nobody is making money off album sales today, unless your name is Taylor Swift, Eminem or similar.

I like the Prodigy, but get a fucking grip. Be thankful that people still want to hear your music at any rate and that you have "hardcore fans" who will flock to an album release a week ahead of time. They'll do another Warrior's Dance festival and bring in money by the truckloads anyway.
    The distributors make money off album sales. Isn't iTunes cut around 30%? Now, if you are someone like iTunes, then getting an early release (so you are sole product seller for a short while) could be worth quite a lot. I doubt this was intentional however, for a giant like iTunes the slice from Prodigy sales is probably nothing worth sweating about.

It appeared to be US only, for however long it was up.
    @neorev , was the single file nicely mixed together?

I've just bought 7 older singles from Qobuz, 95p each, including all b-sides in lossless. Not bad. Sad to see no b-sides on the newer stuff but that's the way it is these days I guess.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    The distributors make money off album sales. Isn't iTunes cut around 30%? Now, if you are someone like iTunes, then getting an early release (so you are sole product seller for a short while) could be worth quite a lot. I doubt this was intentional however, for a giant like iTunes the slice from Prodigy sales is probably nothing worth sweating about.

It appeared to be US only, for however long it was up.
    @neorev , was the single file nicely mixed together?

I've just bought 7 older singles from Qobuz, 95p each, including all b-sides in lossless. Not bad. Sad to see no b-sides on the newer stuff but that's the way it is these days I guess.
    It was in a bunch of different country stores on iTunes.
    I actually discovered it because of the Russian iTunes and then found it on the US one.
    But yeah, it wasn't just the US store... I know plenty of fans from various countries that bought it off their country's iTunes store.

As for being a single track, some songs go into each other while others just end and the next starts. It's not like a running DJ mix.
    Also, the vinyl version has a completely different track order compared to the CD... so that should be interesting.