Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The Prodigy

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Prodigy & Public Enemy playing Newcastle (home town) in (I think) a week's time. I'm undecided whether I'm going
    So I didn't go. I didn't have anyone go to with, but I was also really suffering that week and I had a long drive on the weekend, so I thought it would be too much. Disappointed to have missed them (twice! this year in my home town) but sometimes it just doesn't work out for me

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Judging by some instragram posts, they are back in the studio.
    I stumbled upon this video last night. I was blown away. I don't wanna die before seeing them live. 18 years and counting since their last gig in Montreal. Come on guys ..

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    @Deepvoid I got to see them only twice in NYC back in 2005 for the Their Law tour and 2009 for Invaders Must Die tour. Been a fan since 1993. They're playing Ultra Music Festival in Miami early next year. Hoping they add some solo shows here in the US.

The Russian fan site just posted a sit down interview video today that they did with Liam while they traveled on train to the next gig during their recent Russian mini tour. He answered some fan questions. They're in the writing phase for the next release and seems like they will roll out new tracks in 2017. All he said was that they're going back to the old skool.
    https://vk.com/video-43462544_456239024

Also, Liam posted this little nugget on his Instagram...
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BNgtSprgjoa/

Perhaps something for Trainspotting 2??? Who knows.

Plus they post lots of live videos on their official YouTube. Here's the latest from their shows in China...
    Last edited by neorev; 12-12-2016 at 02:45 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    @neorev I'm definitely looking at options outside of Montreal. Not waiting anymore. I'd be wiling to go to Toronto or maybe as far as the US east coast.
    Not sure if they'll be additional dates in 2017 though.We'll see I guess.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    @neorev I'm definitely looking at options outside of Montreal. Not waiting anymore. I'd be wiling to go to Toronto or maybe as far as the US east coast.
    Not sure if they'll be additional dates in 2017 though.We'll see I guess.
    The only shows we got here in the US and Canada recently was RiotFest in 2015, believe it was Denver, Chicago, and Toronto. I didn't get to go sadly.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The Prodigy ft. 3D of Massive Attack - No Souvenirs (UNKLE Remix)

This is one of those weird cases. No Souvenirs was a track Liam Howlett and 3D were working on for Danny Boyle's film The Beach. Sadly, they pulled it from the soundtrack at the last minute. The song got some mention in their autobiography book, with two different mixes described, but never had an official release. Massive Attack mixer Mike Stent tried to work his magic on it to no avail, one of the mixes mentioned in the book. But apparently the track was meant to be a single off the soundtrack because remixes were done by UNKLE and Dan The Automator. Liam continued working on it afterwards and was even considering it for Always Outnumbered Never Outgunned early in the writing process. But according to interviews, they could never get the track quite right.

Then one day UNKLE, without permission, decided to release their remix of the track on a compilation. Liam was not happy about it and slagged them off in an interview when it was brought up. Still to this day, the original track has never been released and only heard by a handful of people close to the band.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Back in 2005, The Prodigy released Their Law: The Singles 1990-2015, a greatest hits collection backed with a bonus disc of unreleased tracks, alternate mixes, remixes, and live tracks. BBC hosted Legends Week where they would celebrate different artists by having them come down to their famous Maida Vale Studio and perform. The Prodigy came in to perform and record unique versions of a few tracks spanning their career with their live band along with some special guests, including a beatbox/flutist on Poison and Shahin Badar to perform her infamous vocal bridge from Smack My Bitch Up as part of a mash up with Firestarter live in the studio. The Maida Vale performances for Voodoo People and Poison would later be released on the bonus disc for More Music For The Jilted Generation, a remastered reissue of their classic album.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Back in 2005, The Prodigy released Their Law: The Singles 1990-2015, a greatest hits collection backed with a bonus disc of unreleased tracks, alternate mixes, remixes, and live tracks. BBC hosted Legends Week where they would celebrate different artists by having them come down to their famous Maida Vale Studio and perform. The Prodigy came in to perform and record unique versions of a few tracks spanning their career with their live band along with some special guests, including a beatbox/flutist on Poison and Shahin Badar to perform her infamous vocal bridge from Smack My Bitch Up as part of a mash up with Firestarter live in the studio. The Maida Vale performances for Voodoo People and Poison would later be released on the bonus disc for More Music For The Jilted Generation, a remastered reissue of their classic album.
    this is real good, is there a higher quality version out there?

edit: spitfire is an underrated song, i also liked youll be under my wheel alot back in the day

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post

edit: spitfire is an underrated song, i also liked youll be under my wheel alot back in the day
    Sadly, only Voodoo People and Poison from this performance got an official release on the More Music For The Jilted Generation reissue bonus disc, but not Spitfire or the Smack My Bitch Up/Firestarter mash up. I may have a better copy of those tracks lying around. I'll check for ya.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    This newer version of Break And Enter that was played live during the 2005 tour is also on the bonus disc...

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    @SM Rollinger that may have been the most random facepalm I've received on this board

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    @SM Rollinger that may have been the most random facepalm I've received on this board
    I dont think I was trying to thumbs up that post either, hmmm..........

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I dont think I was trying to thumbs up that post either, hmmm..........
    Haha! No worries man! I figured it wasn't intentional.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Haha! No worries man! I figured it wasn't intentional.
    I don't have a smartphone so sometimes I use Edge that is built into the XBONE and its far from stable lol

Anyways id drive 7 to 10 hours to see them, but i live in the middle of nowhere so Chicago or Denver are probably what id be looking at.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I like sharing interesting moments from the band's history. I've been a hardcore Prodigy fan here in the US since I was 10 years old and first heard their remix of Art Of Noise's Instruments Of Darkness. I remember drawing their Experience logo all over my books and my fellow students would be like "What is that? What the hell is the prodigy?" I will be 33 in January lol. For the hardcore NIN fans here, Prodigy are my NIN. So I love to share info or moments some folks may not know about.

For instance, The Prodigy were always hardcore Beastie Boys fans. In their autobiography, there was even a moment backstage with the band chilling and they were blasting Beastie Boys in preparation. I remember Liam in interviews always saying that he would love to work with them one day. But in 1998, the Beastie Boys rung up the band, before they were set to play Reading the next day, asking them not to play Smack My Bitch Up because it promotes violence against women. Liam was blown away and disappointed, especially since this was coming from a so-called b-boy. The term smack my bitch up is a b-boy slang for do your thing. Any real hip hop artist knows this. It's not really about beating woman. Liam was very outspoken and felt it was hypocritical coming from the Beastie Boys lyrics, especially if you read some of the lyrics from their older tracks. So the next night, The Prodigy took the stage and were running through their set. All was normal.

Then the music stopped and this little moment happened...

As soon as Maxim finished this little statement, Liam kicked in the opening notes of Smack My Bitch Up and the crowd went wild. The Prodigy were not having it and no one can tell them what to do or play.
    Last edited by neorev; 12-15-2016 at 03:14 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    On September 27th, 1997, The Prodigy shut down Moscow's Red Square and performed in front of a crowd of 200,000. Genaside II opened up for them.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    If any of you guys are fans of their last album The Day Is My Enemy, you may like to hear the different versions "Rok-weiler" went through.

Rok-weiler (Beta Version 1)

Rok-weiler (Beta Version 2)

Then it became the version we now know from the album...
    Last edited by neorev; 12-15-2016 at 05:53 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    For fans of Always Outnumbered Never Outgunned, the closing track "Shoot Down" went through some major changes from its original version in 2001 to the release in 2004.

Trigger (originally with Maxim & Keith on vocals)

Guns (featuring Noel & Liam Gallagher)

Then it became the version we know from the album while some leftover bits were used for Liam's Oasis remix...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

I prefer the remix Liam did of "Under My Wheels" included on the Their Law: The Singles 1990-2005 bonus disc over the original album mix. Beefed up the beat a bit and the extra sounds/chops kick it up a notch.

There was also the original mix included on the "Girls" single that had more of a hip hop feel...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    PENDULUM FEAT. LIAM H. - IMMUNIZE

SOUTH CENTRAL - THE DAY I DIE (THE PRODIGY REWORK)

FOO FIGHTERS - WHITE LIMO (THE PRODIGY REMIX)

PLAN B - ILL MANORS (THE PRODIGY REMIX)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    AONO DEMO MIX

This is a video hidden on the Their Law: The Singles 1990-2005 DVD that features unreleased demos, including the demo version of "Memphis Bells" and "Gun Reprise," which acts as an intro into the track "Shoot Down"/"Guns." Fans already knew this intro as "Osaka Fill" since it was played back in 2004 in Osaka, Japan as an interlude. When this video was discovered on the DVD, we now knew it connected to the song "Shoot Down." During the Invaders Must Die era, Liam brought it back live as an intro for "Their Law" and has been used as its intro ever since.

GUN REPRISE/THEIR LAW (LIVE)
    Last edited by neorev; 12-16-2016 at 12:37 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    A clip of The Prodigy's Lust For Life remix...
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BNgtSprg...rodigyofficial

Available on the Trainspotting 2 soundtrack coming out on January 27th...
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trainspottin.../dp/B01NCO8MW0

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    THE FAT OF THE LAND officially turns 20 years old tomorrow! The band posted this live clip of "Mindfields" to honor the occasion...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

The Prodigy announce a new single at the end of this year with a new album to follow in early 2018!!!

The Prodigy sign worldwide deal with BMG for new album in 2018
    http://www.musicbusinessworldwide.co...ew-album-2018/
    Last edited by neorev; 09-19-2017 at 03:26 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The Prodigy just played a brand new track in Germany tonight. It starts after the song Nasty...
    https://www.facebook.com/maximilian....4012206612457/

Update:
    Better quality audio...
    https://instaud.io/1wsC
    Last edited by neorev; 12-09-2017 at 04:42 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm still waiting for Liam to drop the Memphis demo like he said he would ten years ago. That shit is fantastic.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    @ninhead Liam promises a lot and doesn't follow through

He did drop a new lil beat/riff idea tonight, very hip hop-ish...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    And here is Resonate...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)