Thread: The Prodigy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The Fat Of The Land era is definitely my favorite, so many great b-sides.

Love One Man Army (with Tom Morello from RATM) off the Spawn Soundtrack... Maxim's vocal on that track is killer.
    There's an instrumental version of One Man Army called No Man Army with extra sounds featured on the Smack My Bitch Up single.

But on Their Law: The Singles 1990-2005 bonus disc they included No Man Army [Edit], which is actually slightly faster BPM-wise. Something as minor as a few BPMs faster really adds to the track and makes it better. Though I like One Man Army more with Maxim's vocals, I really dig the faster version from the Their Law compilation. If you watch the movie Spawn, the scene with One Man Army actually uses the faster version of the track but with Maxim's vocals over it. Man, I really wished we got that version because you get the best of both worlds: Maxim's rhymes and the faster BPM.

One Man Army [taken from Spawn Soundtrack]

No Man Army (Edit) [faster version from Their Law compilation]

some more great non-album tracks from The Fat Of The Land era...

Molotov Bitch [taken from the Firestarter single, also available on the bonus disc to Their Law compilation]

The Trick [taken from the Breathe single]

Ghost Town [The Prodigy cover The Specials, there's actually 2 slightly different versions of this song... one where the faster part comes in a little quicker and lasts longer. taken from NME & War Child Presents 1 Love charity album & ID08 Independents Day 08, a compilation in support of independent music]

Ghost Town was suppose to be part of The Fat Of The Land, but was left off because the trip hop artist Tricky released his own cover of the song around the same time. Also, the track Climbatize was originally structured differently and was suppose to feature Perry Farrell on vocals. He wanted The Prodigy to perform on his festival at the time but they couldn't commit due to conflicts in their schedule and needing to finish the album in time for the label. So he pretty much said, if you can't do the festival I can't do the song... kinda dick-ish. There was also another track never heard called Take Me On, which featured vocals from Skin of Skunk Anansie.

Here's the original beta version of the track Serial Thrilla when it was originally called Lyrical Terrorist performed live at Brixton in 1996...

Lyrical Terrorist [Live At Brixton '96]

Smack My Bitch Up [Live At Pinkpop '96 - early version with different bridge before they got Shahin Badar to do her legendary vocal bridge]
    Last edited by neorev; 02-23-2014 at 09:38 AM.