Thread: The Prodigy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Been waiting nearly a decade for Dirtchamber Sessions Volume Two. Guess it's not a thing.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    Been waiting nearly a decade for Dirtchamber Sessions Volume Two. Guess it's not a thing.
    I love the Dirtchamber Sessions, one of the best fucking mixes ever. I know Liam Howlett has teased a volume 2 for years, but I'm not so sure it will happen. Liam was outspoken about the terrible time he went through getting approval from all of the labels to use their tracks in his mix.

Folks may not know this, but the version of Dirtchamber Sessions that was released that we all all know and love is not the original intended mix. Liam dropped the original Dirtchamber Sessions on BBC Radio 1's The Breezeblock on October 13th, 1998. This version featured a different opening as well as some more tracks mixed throughout, including Jimi Hendrix and The Beatles. Liam got the approval to use the song from Paul McCartney, but their label blocked it. So Liam had to go back re-edit and re-record these bits to remove the tracks labels blocked him from using.

Even wilder, there was a very, very small run of promo CDs (only 25) handed out to those close to the band with the original Dirtchamber Sessions on it. Sadly, these promos have never shown up for sale or leaked anywhere. I did find one guy who had a copy and was ready to drop a lot of cash on it, but the guy turned douchey and wouldn't go the with the sale. I think he knew I wanted to share it with a fan community that I am a part of. I really wanted that promo CD. The best we got is a recording from back in the day of The Breezeblock broadcast with the original mix as it was intended.

Liam Howlett on The Breezeblock 1998
    http://www.soundcloud.com/liam-howle...reezeblock-mix

http://www.mixcloud.com/dondi74/liam...eezeblock-mix/
    Last edited by neorev; 08-05-2018 at 04:05 PM.