Thread: The Prodigy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Then a few years later The Fat Of The Land drops, they become huge, and the next thing you know they're playing "Firestarter" and "Breathe" at my 8th grade school dance. My classmates dancing along. Fucking posers.
    Yeah bro they "sold out."

14 year old me said that a LOT without REALLY understanding what it even meant :P also i don't REALLY think they "sold out" hahahaha. i actually was far more pissed at Trent for Closer. IDK, i kind of got the feeling that the changes in The Prodigy were what Keith and Maxim wanted and MAYBE a logical progression as far as letting those guys have more input.

But yeah, ok so, you told your story.

With me it was this: i was 14, freshman year, 94ish. And i was smoking cigarettes with some seniors: i had managed to talk my way into hanging out with these cool older kids somehow. One morning they were listening to something and i was like "what in the FUCK is THIS?!"
    it was a dubbed cassette of Fire/Jericho. It was a holy shit moment and the first actual real full on modern electronic music i had ever heard.

So of course i had to run right out and get Experience and Jilted.

a few years later, when Firestater came out, my hs girlfriend and i each got a cassette single which we both played literally just fucking over and over and over again for weeks :P

I also remember the world premier of Breathe on Edge Club, a show in dallas that played electronic music at night on the weekend.

Oh and also, what is dope is, i saw those motherfuckers in 97

Edit: @neorev it's so funny. I was calling people "poser" before I knew what it meant, making ME a poser.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-26-2018 at 07:18 AM.