Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Gone Girl (2014)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Finished the book yesterday, and that's got to be one of the more frustrating endings I've read.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    WOW!!! My jaw was on the floor at times. Trent and Atticus are just getting better and better with each score!!! Gorgeous!!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    If you're interested, here's my Gone Girl score review.

Enjoy.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    It's fucking beautiful. One of the best things Trent has ever done... Certainly the best soundtrack. This is music you put on in the background and it makes you feel like you're in Metroid (at one point). At some points it also reminds me of music from certain Japanese RPGs. From the beginning it feels very cinema-esque. I say this because it seems that Trent and Atticus seem to have really developed as film composers. I must listen to this more...

Just Like You is like the mist above a mysterious body of water in the early morning hours with a grey Fall sky up above.
    Last edited by cashpiles (closed); 10-06-2014 at 04:44 AM.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    As I have been listening to all three of TR & AR's scores, I think GG is their best.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    If you're interested, here's my Gone Girl score review.

Enjoy.
    In complete agreement about the new Silent Hill game, they need to score it (also isn't Clive Barker rebooting Hellraiser? That would be a good fit)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Listened to this score a few times during long drive (yes home stereo will be better), Procedural is beautiful... Haven't seen the movie yet, but I am little worried about what on earth is going on there... feels like Affleck's character is cutting his wife to pieces or what... don't tell me! :-) I hope he is not eating her.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Watched movie yesterday, didn't listen to the score yet. I took the same approach with TSN and Dragon Tattoo before.
    One thing I can say for sure is that this score is much, much more subtle. There were probably like 3 or 4 times I even noticed it. In previous movies you could hear most of it clearly even buried under dialogue.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I listened to this a couple times over the weekend, not really digging it that much. Same deal as Dragon Tattoo.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    "Technically, Missing" is still stuck in my brain. "Like Home" remains my favorite, though. Whoever said "Secrets" isn't getting the respect it deserves is correct. I really love this entire album. It might end up being my favorite of the three.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think this is the soundtrack is their best one yet, BY FAR. It perfectly captures the mood of the film (which might be the best thing I've seen in recent years, by the way).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Weekend Box Office: 'Gone Girl' Scores $38M
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmen...pens-to-37-2m/

As such, the film’s $38 million weekend debut not only establishes the film as a genuine hit but also firmly establishes the film as a major Oscar player.
    According to IMDb, the overall budget was ~61M.

(Sorry if someone beat me to the link; haven't seen it elsewhere in the thread.)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pwing47 View Post
    Weekend Box Office: 'Gone Girl' Scores $38M

According to IMDb, the overall budget was ~61M.
    And it made $24.6 million in the 39 other territories where it opened, bringing opening weekend totals to roughly $62.6 million.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Good read on the movie if you've already seen it SPOILERS http://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/de...e-girl#47gh75u SPOILERS

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I liked the soundtrack before I saw the movie. I absolutely LOVE IT afterwards.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    @GanduGains What do you mean? In the beginning of the movie I was actually saying to myself it is little too loud and it's getting in way of dialogues. Or do you mean elevator music in sense of uninteresting? I think it was really atmospheric and sets the tone of each and every scene (what stand out in my mind the most, is Spoiler: when Amy slipped throat of NPH, music in this scene really creeped me out). Listening to it before was .. interesting. I liked a few songs, but it was obvious to me, that most of these tracks are meant to be heard within the movie. And when I actually saw it, it just brings me back to that movie and to those particular scenes and the whole soundtrack just makes much more sense. Fe. I really like Technically, Missing even before I saw Gone Girl, because it is really good track on its own, but use of it in the movie was just amazingly perfect.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GanduGains View Post
    I don't get that. The music in the movie was like elevator music. You could barely hear it.
    Film is a visual medium.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    The fact that there's no consensus when it comes to the volume of the score means that the respective theaters must be at fault. If it seemed too quiet, you either were expecting something more bombastic, or your theater has shit sound.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    The fact that there's no consensus when it comes to the volume of the score means that the respective theaters must be at fault. If it seemed too quiet, you either were expecting something more bombastic, or your theater has shit sound.
    or he's expecting it to be the front and center aspect of his movie-going experience, even though he doesn't like it...which is really confusing on a couple levels.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yes, but the coolest parts of certain tracks weren't even in the movie.
    They're called cues. It's a common thing; you know, video games, television, film, commercials...

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Poo sound mixing and editing I think. Very poo poo.
    Are you nine years old or something?

Fincher's films are renowned for their sound design, and considering that Fincher has essentially worked with the same people in that department since Se7en, I doubt like hell that the sound was mixed poorly.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 10-06-2014 at 03:42 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Guys, I figured it out. This guy is Danny Lohner AND HAS BEEN ALL ALONG.
    My guess is Hans Zimmer.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    More like GONEdoGains, amirite?

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I can't help but to feel that there were some Ghosts influences in the soundtrack, which is totally not a bad thing.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Is it just me, or is Trent doing a lot more press for Gone Girl than he did for Dragon Tattoo? I wonder if that's an indication that the studio are going to get behind pushing the score as an awards contender this time.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Is it just me, or is Trent doing a lot more press for Gone Girl than he did for Dragon Tattoo? I wonder if that's an indication that the studio are going to get behind pushing the score as an awards contender this time.
    I was thinking that not only was it an early Oscar push, but maybe that Oscar push is coming because TR/AR finally have time to devote to a couple of non-Fincher scores and a new Oscar certainly wouldn't hurt that paycheck?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    If I recall TR's mom passed away not too long before all the Dragon Tattoo promotion wouldve taken place and Im sure he was busy with HTDA as well

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Trent and Mariqueen also had their second child right before the film premiered, so I imagine he was pretty busy at home as well as working on other stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just came back from seeing it.

Good film, and very telling about relationships gone awry. It asks more questions about your emotional reactions than what's up on the screen.

Although the score was fantastic, I don't think it was as experimental as TGWTDT, although it probably is a better score.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I find myself returning to Consummation a lot. Such an ominous track! Haven't seen the movie yet, nor have I read the book, but judging from the track title and the music it must be a disturbing scene.