Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1648

Thread: Gone Girl (2014)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    After you download the file, everyone will probably want to change the file extension from .m4a to .mp4.
    Oops. That's what I get for processing the file after taking my cough medication. I'll re-upload it and fix the filename. I'd forgotten that VLC will play anything, even if I've screwed up the filename.
    Last edited by cynicmuse; 11-06-2014 at 12:43 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Well I guessed Background Noise and Strange Activities for the first two, but could be way off...maybe Appearances for the party scene?

As for Atticus' answer to what's in the pipeline, he might as well have answered 'stuff', would have been as informative as to what he actually replied

Liked Trent copping to liking the $6 million dollar man music and then almost immediately regretting saying it!

All off to see Birdman I presume, now it's been given the T&A stamp of approval?

What was the film that Fincher was going to film which got delayed so that Gone Girl's schedule moved, meaning it clashed with NIN activities, which he's just started filming? I wonder as this may be the next score?
    Last edited by simonn; 11-06-2014 at 12:57 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Well I guessed Background Noise and Strange Activities for the first two, but could be way off...maybe Appearances for the party scene
    I'm pretty sure it's background noise, the way he looks at me and just like you.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    What was the film that Fincher was going to film which got delayed so that Gone Girl's schedule moved, meaning it clashed with NIN activities, which he's just started filming? I wonder as this may be the next score?
    Wasn't it 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea? Isn't that a type of film requiring a more orchestral score though? (would love to hear them do that though - all the scores I've heard them do are within a certain comfort zone)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Wasn't it 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea? Isn't that a type of film requiring a more orchestral score though? (would love to hear them do that though - all the scores I've heard them do are within a certain comfort zone)
    Apparently not, Ch4's overrated Utopia gets a US remake, all he's concentrating on next year. So we can give up any idea of The Girl Who Played With Fire for another couple of years then...

http://io9.com/david-finchers-20-000...ave-1636220699

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Apparently not, Ch4's overrated Utopia gets a US remake, all he's concentrating on next year. So we can give up any idea of The Girl Who Played With Fire for another couple of years then...

http://io9.com/david-finchers-20-000...ave-1636220699
    Fincher had talked about Leagues for quite a while, before revealing that Eric Roth was working on the screenplay. Not long after that Fincher suddenly shifted to Gone Girl. I'm guessing it was really more that the screenplay didn't come together well enough to keep it from being a mess of a movie. Hopefully Fincher is done working with Eric Roth.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Good news is that in the last interview I read Fincher was quite positive about the direction the screenplay for it was going in. Also it would appear that Sony's rights to the books will expire next year, so maybe Fox and Regency would pick them up because of the numbers Gone Girl has pulled in at the box office (it's currently Fincher's highest-grossing film ever now).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Good news is that in the last interview I read Fincher was quite positive about the direction the screenplay for it was going in. Also it would appear that Sony's rights to the books will expire next year, so maybe Fox and Regency would pick them up because of the numbers Gone Girl has pulled in at the box office (it's currently Fincher's highest-grossing film ever now).
    Liked the premise, but it just didn't hold my attention, so I ended up confused a lot of the time about why stuff was going on - to the point where we still have the last one sat on our Sky box unwatched at the moment! With a tighter more coherent script, maybe it could fly...

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Just saw the film at the theater. I'm so amazed that Fincher managed to sneak a black comedy under everyone's noses. People were making comparisons to Se7en and Zodiac, but when it was done, I felt like it was more like Fight Club or The Social Network. The humor is jet black, but I honestly haven't laughed as much at a lot of true blue comedies as I have watching Gone Girl. I'm still kind of shocked about it.

Also, Trent and Atticus' score was just as good in the film as it was on its own. I honestly wouldn't mind if they scored every Fincher film from now on. They get what he's going for so perfectly.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 11-20-2014 at 12:57 PM. Reason: lol

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Omg the thumbnail is Resner

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Lol, that was a great interview. Lol, not sure why ppl get an 's' in the word, Reznor. But great interview. I wonder if ppl get over having to repeat themselves in interviews over and over. Like, 'Haven't I talked about the making of TSN for the millionth time?' But one probably gets used to the repetition though and maybe it doesn't seem repetitive if you are talking about the kick butt work of NIN and Atticus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Lol, that was a great interview. Lol, not sure why ppl get an 's' in the word, Reznor. But great interview. I wonder if ppl get over having to repeat themselves in interviews over and over. Like, 'Haven't I talked about the making of TSN for the millionth time?' But one probably gets used to the repetition though and maybe it doesn't seem repetitive if you are talking about the kick butt work of NIN and Atticus.
    At this point TR has done interviews with just about everyone about the scoring, so he won't have to repeat that "making of TSN" story anymore.

I could hear a change of tone in TR's voice (relief, renewed interest) when they moved on to the relatively new territory in talking about the orchestral stuff.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I wish someone did an interview with him, just talking about his experience with the orchestra here. Hopefully we'll get it on the DVD/Blu release. I'd like to see him work more in that area, I think it could be easier than he might think it is.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I just got a shipping notice for the CD from Amazon. What's weird is the listing says unavailable now.

http://www.amazon.com/Gone-Girl-Tren.../dp/B00O0MBSH8

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zaps30 View Post
    I just got a shipping notice for the CD from Amazon. What's weird is the listing says unavailable now.

http://www.amazon.com/Gone-Girl-Tren.../dp/B00O0MBSH8

Yeah I thought that was weird too that it says its unavailable now. I got my shipping notice also, says it'll be here Wednesday, a week ahead of release date.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perceptionnexus View Post
    Yeah I thought that was weird too that it says its unavailable now. I got my shipping notice also, says it'll be here Wednesday, a week ahead of release date.
    Still haven't gotten a shipping notice from nin.com

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Still haven't gotten a shipping notice from nin.com
    if you ordered it with the vinyl, it's gonna be a while, unfortunately. if not, then i have no idea what's happening.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    At least you guys were able to order something, in the first place...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    if you ordered it with the vinyl, it's gonna be a while, unfortunately. if not, then i have no idea what's happening.
    I ordered CD from nin.com, Vinyl from amazon

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    cd set arrived today from amazon. nothing special, packaging-wise. your standard dual-cd digipak

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    No Null number or anything? This release seems super bare bones.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    No Null number or anything? This release seems super bare bones.
    No Null number, looks like a strictly Columbia affair. Cool to see Mike Garson on it though in the credits. I didn't know he even played on it.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    No Null number or anything?
    This breaks my heart.

it almost is like this album doesn't matter!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    It's not that it doesn't matter, it's just that they can't technically put a Null number on something that wasn't released through The Null Corporation.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Ah, yes, the arbitrary rules of Null numbering say they can't do it.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    It just wouldn't make a whole lot of sense is all I was trying to say. I guess I shouldn't have worded it the way I did.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    No, I'm just being a dick because I find their adherence to this silly numbering system particularly annoying when they don't do it. Sorry about that.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perceptionnexus View Post
    cd set arrived today from amazon. nothing special, packaging-wise. your standard dual-cd digipak
    Pics/scans? The credits would be nice for nerding's sake

And of course it should have a null number, seeds are meant to be "free promotional releases" but Seed 8 is only on a premium music site. Though the nulls seemed to be for Null Co items, all Nulls thus far had been TRAR scores, so it makes sense to maintain that.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Has anyone who ordered from nin.com received their CD?