Page 9 of 55 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Gone Girl (2014)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "As soon as the score is in, he'll be hitting the road on a NIN tour,..."

Wait, this can't be right. Another tour as soon as the score is in? This is the first I hear of this.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    This interview was conducted before the Summer tour.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokenfern View Post
    "As soon as the score is in, he'll be hitting the road on a NIN tour,..."

Wait, this can't be right. Another tour as soon as the score is in? This is the first I hear of this.
    The score was in before they went on tour. This interview happened when he was still working on the score, which he finished before going on tour.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    The score was in before they went on tour. This interview happened when he was still working on the score, which he finished before going on tour.
    He kept working in the score during the tour. Check his instragram, he was working on it in the Florida date.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Consequence of Sound is misreporting that PHM also included a live orchestra. Looks like they missed a word when they read this part:

Quote Originally Posted by Wall Street Journal
    Today they'll listen to music for the film they recorded the day before with a live orchestra. That was a first for Reznor, who since the 1989 release of his first Nine Inch Nails album, Pretty Hate Machine, has been a pioneering figure in the genre of heavy, machine-made music classified as "industrial."

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    He kept working in the score during the tour. Check his instragram, he was working on it in the Florida date.
    I'm sure he was tweaking it, but the bulk of it would have been finished before the tour.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moebius View Post
    Consequence of Sound is misreporting that PHM also included a live orchestra. Looks like they missed a word when they read this part:
    I love how CoShit managed to totally miss Atticus being all over that article and are STILL calling it Trent's

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I love how CoShit managed to totally miss Atticus being all over that article and are STILL calling it Trent's
    i actually have quite a few friends (and one of my bandmates) who write for CoS. a lot of what they do is great. but i also know the guy who started it, and he's a giant dick.

anyway, yeah, there are some people who write for the site who do not do a great job.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Trent looks good with sideburns

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    That article is actually why tend to hate music journalism. Mostly due to obligatory (unnecessary) flashbacks and retrospection in each paragraph.

Trent Reznor (of [bullshit smartass genre] Nine Inch Nails) and Atticus Ross... bla bla...
    Reznor... who just got off the X-month tour in support of [bullshit smartass description] Hesitation Marks... bla bla... returning to scoring Fincher's (who ... bla bla... also shot Only video and used Closer in Se7en) new movie, after TSN and TGTTDT... bla bla... Lost Highway... Natural Born Killers...
    Jesus, get to the point already.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    @fillow I'd wager 80-90% of regular WSJ readers don't listen to NIN and are more likely to know him as an Oscar winner than live performer, it's kinda useful to have it. Now, when Kerrang does it, that's totally fucking pointless.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Very excited by the live orchestral session news. I assume it'll be incorporated into the usual TR/AR style somehow, and that sounds awesome. They should probably just put the music out now. Yeah. That'd be good.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Is it safe to assume that this will be the first of the soundtracks to be released after the movie comes out, then?

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Is it safe to assume that this will be the first of the soundtracks to be released after the movie comes out, then?
    I am surprised by the fact that we have no release date or tracklisting. Movie is being released in 28 days.
    New releases are on Tuesday so September 30 or October 7 is the dates we're looking for.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    That article is actually why tend to hate music journalism. Mostly due to obligatory (unnecessary) flashbacks and retrospection in each paragraph.
    Context makes writing - especially reporting - more meaningful. If you're reading the Wall Street Journal, there's a very good chance that you have no idea who the hell Atticus and Trent are. It adds depth to the story to mention that this is, despite being their third go at a score, rather out of character in respect to their past (and other current projects). Not everyone who reads a story about an artist knows who they are and wants to just skip over all the details, and reporting with less information is just lazy.

Want short and to the point? Get your news from Twitter. The Wall Street Journal clearly isn't the paper for you if you don't like details.

Now, on topic: this is a movie I probably won't actually go see. I'm on tour the entire time it's in theaters (presumably), and killing a precious moment of free time outside of one gigantic dark, windowless room by sitting in a different one doesn't strike me as fun. But I'm eager to hear this score when it comes out, as the previous two are already staples for travel soundtracks. I've got a lot of flying coming up; something tells me this score is going to be getting a lot of attention on those trips.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    If you're inferring that from the article, then no. What they were saying was that they had to turn the album in a week after the interview was conducted, which was likely a month or two ago. The way the film's release date was shoved in there muddled it up.

If you're not referring to the article, then also no, based purely on the release dates of the previous two soundtracks, and indeed most film soundtracks, as far as I know.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Trent Reznor (of [bullshit smartass genre] Nine Inch Nails) and Atticus Ross... bla bla...
    Reznor... who just got off the X-month tour in support of [bullshit smartass description] Hesitation Marks... bla bla... returning to scoring Fincher's (who ... bla bla... also shot Only video and used Closer in Se7en) new movie, after TSN and TGTTDT... bla bla... Lost Highway... Natural Born Killers...
    Jesus, get to the point already.
    I don't really wanna jump any more on you than anyone else did but... this was actually a pretty decent article/interview and your attitude is why we can't have nice things. to be honest, I had forgotten about the Only video (on purpose? you be the judge) and I'm a NIN-SuperFanTM

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    It's not really about this particular article. It just occurred to me that every other of such articles follow this formula, where up to 75% of the text is a recap of artist's (or band's) career, while very little is said about what's actually going on.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It's not really about this particular article. It just occurred to me that every other of such articles follow this formula, where up to 75% of the text is a recap of artist's (or band's) career, while very little is said about what's actually going on.
    It's how they teach us in college mate. Expository Writing and Research in the Disciplines, etc...we follow a similar formula to keep it interesting for any reader. Sure it's annoying sometimes, especially to the hardcore fans (especially when the research for the "recap" isn't even 100% correct), but i guess it's unavoidable.

I agree, I'd much rather read a tweet on actual developments then have to read an article with that tweet SURROUNDED by six paragraphs of shit I already knew.

In fact, fuck the system! Hoorah.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodSoldier333 View Post
    In fact, fuck the system! Hoorah.
    See now that's all you needed to say. Too much other surrounding text.

and I'd have said yep, fuck it deep in the anus.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    After many years of reading articles of this type, I have one golden rule now - if someone's linked me to an article, unless they actually say it's worthy of reading all the way through, I just look for quotation marks. Everything else is just padding.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    D'oh. Turns out that's a reblog of a reblog of the WSJ article. Here's the first sentence:

According to The Pulse Of Radio, NINE INCH NAILS mainman Trent Reznor told The Wall Street Journal...
    They didn't even link to the article they quoted, or the article it quoted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Movie and soundtrack cant come soon enough.. David Fincher , Trent and Atticus all do amazing work.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Do we actually know if Null Corp is releasing this one? The Nullco site is super buggy right now and I don't know if that's just because Rob forgot about it or because there's secrets

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Huh, everything except Ghosts and The Slip are completely inaccessible.

This one might be a Null release, and Rob's reworking the website to reveal that. Sucks that the TSN and GDT pages are busted now, though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    How do I extract the audio from the website www.findamazingamy.com? I downloaded the video, but there's no audio.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    That just seems like the same shit?

Also, check the comments. Good lord. Hahaha.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post

So hard not to respond to some of those comments...

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post

"satanic douchbag"

LOLOLOL