Page 141 of 151 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,230 of 4501

Thread: The Smashing Pumpkins

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneSax View Post
    Thanks. I hope it comes with all 43 tracks
    Those 10 extra tracks ONLY come in the box set (both the $225 unsigned and the $500 signed versions), unfortunately. It sounds like they will eventually be available on streaming platforms, but not until winter of 2023, at the earliest. Also, the $20 album on Amazon is the CD version, the standard vinyl is $80 on Amazon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Those 10 extra tracks ONLY come in the box set (both the $225 unsigned and the $500 signed versions), unfortunately. It sounds like they will eventually be available on streaming platforms, but not until winter of 2023, at the earliest. Also, the $20 album on Amazon is the CD version, the standard vinyl is $80 on Amazon.
    Yes, but we all know they'll be "available" about 5 minutes after someone gets the album and rips the audio.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    So for 20 bucks you get the three disc version and it's an extra $105.00 for the version with ten extra songs?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Yes, I listened to Billy this morning on K-Rock 92.3FM, and he said the box set comes with the extra 10 songs.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm not feeling beguiled by any of this

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i just scored a ticket to tonight's NYC show from a friend/fellow long-time devotee. however, i have "strike" on a show that's supposed to go until 10pm. gotta find a way to get this covered so i can go...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    i just scored a ticket to tonight's NYC show from a friend/fellow long-time devotee. however, i have "strike" on a show that's supposed to go until 10pm. gotta find a way to get this covered so i can go...
    I got so many great memories from Irving plaza, gonna be a great show, enjoy!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I just came upon the Metro show boot. Let's see how she goes.

EDIT: Looks like some major cuts here because of radio ads and the like. They played ads over all of "If There Is a God."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's videos from some guy:

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    So for 20 bucks you get the three disc version and it's an extra $205.00 for the version with ten extra songs?
    FTFY. But yes. At first. Unless you download/pirate them when they inevitably start spreading on the internet.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volk View Post
    Yes, but we all know they'll be "available" about 5 minutes after someone gets the album and rips the audio.
    true, I’m still waiting for the Rubano Tapes vinyl rip to surface though :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Wow... I've just now been randomly listening to a lot of Pumpkins. Disarm, Cherub Rock, Bodies, 33, 1979, Eye... they really are an extraordinary band. I don't know if I like the new stuff too much, I really felt Zeitgeist was a huge letdown, but the first three albums are pretty much legendary. And I think Cyr is rad, and Adore is an incredible album that you need to listen through the whole thing
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-24-2022 at 09:36 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Billy... what the fuck

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

This is the coolest they've looked and the best they've sounded on TV in fucking decades. I am completely sold on this song now; Beguiled is the best single they've had since Zeitgeist at least, and probably Machina.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    It's getting a lot better the more I listen to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSum View Post
    This is the coolest they've looked and the best they've sounded on TV in fucking decades. I am completely sold on this song now; Beguiled is the best single they've had since Zeitgeist at least, and probably Machina.
    Kind of strange he's wearing a free mason compass and " g" on his shirt...

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    all this new Smashing Pumpkins stuff kicks ass, and that's unexpected. It's the best stuff since Adore, which is a crazily underrated album.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zur En Arrh View Post
    Kind of strange he's wearing a free mason compass and " g" on his shirt...
    Who knows how far down that rabbit hole he's gone.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Who knows how far down that rabbit hole he's gone.
    Well, keep going, cuz this new music rocks. I met him like 20 years ago or something at this art show, and he was actually really humble and friendly, and appreciated that I liked his music. Short thing, I went away, but yeah, he's also totally bizarre.

And just to say it again, Cyr fucking rocks.
    The music video for the title track is also badass, and I don't usually get into music videos

but that's one of the best music videos I've ever seen
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-26-2022 at 04:51 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Second that. Cyr (the song) should have been a huge hit and would have been in its day. On an unrelated note, I am getting a very similar vibe from Howerdel’s new song Free and Weightless. Huge choruses on both.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Cyr has definitely grown on me this year. The Color of Your Love is tremendous, but I always get faked out by the outro. I always joked that the Cyr video should just be that "Billy Dance" near the beginning.

Is Monuments... still considered blah? I thought Being Beige was a great little track, and Alienation on Shiny... I can't believe it's been 4 years since I saw 'em in Calgary.

I might have to bust out the Aeroplane box tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I still think Cyr is their worst album by far, but that's mostly because of the production.
    The new singles from Atum sound good though. They don't sound like songs from a Billy solo record. Maybe there's hope for this band after all.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    The Good In Goodbye actually has a bit of soloing going on. Nice.

Seeing someone enjoying Cyr is always nice. A good half the album's not for me, but I put it on every couple of months and enjoy what I can.

Last edited by Shadaloo; 09-27-2022 at 05:28 PM.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    yeah that part with Chamberlain dancing around is hilarious... but I dig the quick shots of him smacking the tambourine. It's an incredible music video, and whoever put it together kicks ass. All the shots of Corgan doing his quick little kung fu dance moves intercut with these contortionist things with these super hot girls... My favorite part is where she rolls her eyes at the moment at around 1:03 is so awesome.

@Lextro I cannot disagree harder. Cyr rocks. It's just a different band and if you're not into angry synth pop, it just might not be your thing... but I think it kicks ass. Yeah it's a completely different style of music than what they used to do, but I dig it, and I like it when bands change and try new things. I don't need Siamese Dream 2, even though that sounds like it would be pretty cool, because Siamese Dream was great... but this is definitely better than Zeitgeist in my opinion, or the solo album stuff

Zeitgeist was forgettable bullshit. Cyr is WAY better and more interesting, on an almost objective level
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-27-2022 at 06:19 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    With proper production, "That's the Way My Love Is" from Zeitgeist could have been more memorable. That chorus is catchy as hell, and is worthy of the arena sing-along. "United States", "Superchrist", "Gossamer." Jimmy's a machine on "US." The American Gothic EP isn't too bad. "Pox" is a stand-out there. A lot of the Zeitgiest songs sounded far better at the return concert in 07. "Starz" was so much better with Ginger's backing vox.

I think Oceania is a great album. It's all familiar, but in a comfortable way. "Pinwheels" is just so fun. 1:23ish in with the 2 solo bass notes, into the guitars. If you slept on it, go back.

Adore will forever be my #1 (Pug, come on!), but "Stand Inside Your Love" is just perfection. The Machina set can't get here soon enough.Judas Ø seems forgotten these days, and that has some great tracks on it. Jimmy alone on "Lucky 13."

"I'm jungle drummed out, man..."

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Double post: The solo in "Good in Goodbye" gives me a "Cherub Rock" feel.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    Is Monuments... still considered blah? I thought Being Beige was a great little track, and Alienation on Shiny... I can't believe it's been 4 years since I saw 'em in Calgary.
    Monuments to me still represents something of a creative nadir for Bill. It's polished and sounds nice, but feels...utterly devoid of substance, for the most part . Easy to digest with nothing really going on and nothing to say. It feels like an album made out of habit to me. At the time, Bill said he even considered walking away from music entirely; he was furious that people regarded it as "a three star record." (Which I think is overly generous.) It was a gigantic wake-up call.

There's one or two tracks on there though, I guess. Maybe.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Monuments to me still represents something of a creative nadir for Bill.
    That's how I see it as well. One and All is a nice track but pretty much everything else on there is not for me, to say the least.

Zeitgeist gets too much hate. I get why people didn't dig it back when it came out. It was the follow up to Machina and the "sound" just wasn't there. BUT, imo, it is probably the best post 2000 Pumpkins record. Bad production be damned, Jimmy is putting on a drum clinic on that entire album and that is reason enough for me to love it.

Oceania is another post 2000s album I'd put near the top. Other than the first 2 tracks I don't really think there's any bad or boring songs on it. Missing Jimmy but then again so is Adore and I love that record too.

And for some reason, I just haven't been able to get into Shiny or Cyr yet. I've tried and while I don't think they're bad I just, idk, maybe it's a me thing. I hope this new record can live up to being a MCIS/Machina follow up.