Page 149 of 151 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,470 of 4501

Thread: The Smashing Pumpkins

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Billy and Chloe got married yesterday.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    hope to catch some of tonight's stream. wasn't able to make the show last month (gf was sick and bad weather) .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Glad they subbed in Spaceboy and Luna. Both were great to hear.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Spaced and Purr Snickety were nice treats, too...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    of course I was asleep by the time it started lol. hopefully it'll be up on YouTube.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    of course I was asleep by the time it started lol. hopefully it'll be up on YouTube.
    It was shown by veeps, aka the same company who C&D'd all attempts at sharing NIN Vets Aid show, so I'm not sure about that... Even though this thing was free, unlike the NIN gig.
    Many people over at tps subreddit captured it though.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    thanks!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I must've missed it but when did Uncle Fester join the Pumpkins?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    @TheBang Thanks for posting that video, I was busy watching Queens of the Stone Age last night while this was going on!

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

some pals and i just got together and ranked all 12 studio albums in our order of preference. some spicy takes, fun anecdotes and personal stories, and lots of pumpkins talk through and through. part 2 will be up shortly in which we list our 25 favorite non-album tracks (which was much harder for me to do overall!)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    I must've missed it but when did Uncle Fester join the Pumpkins?
    In the 90s, I'm pretty sure.....

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    part two, in which we discuss/rank our top 25 non-album, compilation, soundtrack, demo, etc. recordings:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Have the band been radio silent about Zodeon at Crystal Hall?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    It seems that way. I sorta forgot about it until just now.

I also have to put "Harmageddon" over hard. Just awesome.
    Last edited by poinoup; 10-08-2023 at 08:30 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Opening the Green Day baseball stadium tour next summer alongside Rancid & The Linda Lindas. That all seems SUPER wack to me b/c Rancid isn't my bag at all & I don't trust a Green Day setlist in the year 2024/with a new record coming out/in massive outdoor venues, but I assume some people will be jazzed on this. Billy just has to play big venues, no matter what co-headline or opener type situations it puts the band in, eh?

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    yeah, i'm not jazzed about having to shell out a lot of money to see a short, less-impressive setlist with other bands i don't really care about (a few green day songs are fine, but whatever)... might be one of the few times i skip the band.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I definitely plan on going to one of these shows. Hopefully the dates are announced tomorrow so I know if I have to drive/fly to Chicago or not (They're for sure playing a show in Chicago, one of the radio stations made a not-so-subtle post on FB). I'd love to see Green Day again, so the only thing that's a bit of a bummer is that both bands will be playing a slightly shorter setlist than normal. Here's hoping the Pumpkins are still playing Jellybelly and Spellbinding next summer!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    There's a rumor that Jeff Schroeder left the band, it's just a rumor at this point: https://www.reddit.com/r/SmashingPum...hing_pumpkins/

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    There's a rumor that Jeff Schroeder left the band, it's just a rumor at this point: https://www.reddit.com/r/SmashingPum...hing_pumpkins/
    Well, it's official. The band's socials just posted messages from Jeff, as well as the band.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyyZig5u4K0/
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 10-24-2023 at 11:49 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    I never was a huge fan of Jeff's, not sure why. On the most recent tour he was soloing during the first half then Corgan seemed to do the second half. Corgan just has so much more power...I don't know what it is but it was a little surprising. Their sound was also super loud and muddy to me...again just my opinion!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I liked that statement, it's nice to see that there's no bad blood between them (unlike Sergio and Deftones, that was a messy breakup and it made me dislike Deftones a bit). And like the band said in their statement, he stuck with them through thick and thin, I'm not sure if BC would had carried on him without him, so kudos to Jeff. Sixteen years is quite a bit, I had not realized it was that long but yeah, homie goes back to Zeitgeist. For that album and Oceania he'll have a firm place in the Pumpkins history.
    Last edited by cahernandez; 10-24-2023 at 12:29 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Not surprising or unexpected. Last two tours I went to he spent some time on stage just waiting around pretty often. I have no particular ill will against the guy, he was capable if a bit too noodly, and ultimately surplus to requirements with James back, and he knew it. Just hope we're back to 2 guitars.

Hope he's happy wherever he goes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    We love you Jeff. When Pumpkins get into Hall of Fame, The Shredder will be there.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I just wanted to update to let you all know the newest SP archive release is a '94 concert exclusively on cassette and it comes packaged with some brand name candles and costs $300 USD. I'll be over here throwing up and rediscovering my love for Tool's Undertow if y'all need me

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I'll be over here throwing up and rediscovering my love for Tool's Undertow if y'all need me
    Wait, do you mean Undertow, or Undertow 2023 reissue package which is only sold at merch corner at 2023/24 shows and costs 500$? lol

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Wait, do you mean Undertow, or Undertow 2023 reissue package which is only sold at merch corner at 2023/24 shows and costs 500$? lol
    Just the old album. I saw that thing at the show last weekend and had a chuckle. Bands need to make money, and I try not to judge, but shit, I just wish we could maybe go back to putting out music that everyone can listen to and not overpriced collector's items targeting the rich.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Just the old album. I saw that thing at the show last weekend and had a chuckle. Bands need to make money, and I try not to judge, but shit, I just wish we could maybe go back to putting out music that everyone can listen to and not overpriced collector's items targeting the rich.
    you know, we should probably consider ourselves lucky they still make any music at this point, even it it's like atum, soon enough these guys will all be dead and it's just gonna be machines.
    anyhow, totally agree with you all on the useless overpriced collector business BS going on, some idiots keep buying this shit so it is what it is unfortunately.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I just wanted to update to let you all know the newest SP archive release is a '94 concert exclusively on cassette and it comes packaged with some brand name candles and costs $300 USD. I'll be over here throwing up and rediscovering my love for Tool's Undertow if y'all need me
    What a fucking joke. Cassette rips are probably marginally more accessible to create a digital copy but ffs
    And the price man.

I complained about this with the last archives release and the ATUM vinyl only bonus tracks but I JUST WANT THE MUSIC :C

I would PAY for it if he let me purchase it in a practical way like CDs or digital but nope lets do cassettes now.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    LIVE IN JAPAN CD 1992 – MadameZuzu's (madamezuzus.com) well would you look at that.

And its already sold out ffs lol