Page 19 of 151 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 ... LastLast

Thread: The Smashing Pumpkins

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Personally I liked it better when the band had veto power. You could see the effects of this during Machina, he probably told them to fuck off when they didn't like some of the terrible ideas on that album, so they broke up after. Especially when he was dumb enough to wear dresses on stage.
    Now I just don't know about that . . .

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    For those interested but might not have kept up on it, Billy actually has been updating the new site with blog posts about progress on the new album(s). Nothing super insightful, but interesting if you're into that sort of thing and like Billy's style of writing/blogging.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Adore re-issued tracklist announced!

The Smashing Pumpkins are getting ready to release their next reissue, Adore. It will feature a newly remasted version of Adore along with 3 bonus discs, and a DVD, and a hard bound booklet. We found this long awaited news on a now missing UMe page.
    The Adore reissue bonus disc are named after 3 Greek Muse, Polyhymnia (Muse of Hymns), Erato (Muse of Lyric Poetry), & Melpomene (Muse of Tragedy). Melpomene is a live CD containing tracks from multiple shows in 1998. The CDs contained the following tracks.

Polyhymnia
    1. Annie Dog (early take)
    2. Cross
    3. Do You Close Your Eye
    4. Blissed and Gone
    5. Winter Afternoon
    6. Satellites
    7. Crestfallen (demo)
    8. Summer
    9. Joy
    10. To Sheila (demo)
    11. My Mistake
    12. Valentine
    13. Jersey Shore
    14. Once in a While
    15. Crestfallen (Drone Outtake)
    16. Heaven
    17. Christmastime (demo)

Erato

1. Cash Car Star (Remix)
    2. Poltroon
    3. Ava Adore (remix)
    4. Saturnine
    5. Soots and Stars
    6. Because You Are
    7. Identify (vox)
    8. Tatterdemalion
    9. Perfect (remix)
    10. Fer Blues
    11. Waiting
    12. Everybody
    13. Let Me Give The World To You
    14. Everyday I Die
    15. Daphne Descends (remix)
    16. Behold! The Night Mare (remix)
    17. Apples + Oranjes (remix)
    18. Pug (remix)

Melpomene

1. To Sheila
    2. Behold! The Night Mare
    3. Daphne Descends
    4. Tear
    5. Crestfallen
    6. Apples + Oranjes
    7. Once Upon a Time
    8. Perfect
    9. Cash Car Star
    10. Money (That’s What I Want)
    11. Pug
    12. Ava Adore
    13. The Tale of Dusty and Pistol Pete
    14. Let Me Give The World To You
    15. Shame

According to the now missing page this new boxset will contain a Live DVD called Dark Garden which is concert footage from May 14th 1998, along with bonus footage of Billy Corgan’s concert at the Viper Room on January 15th, 1998.

In addition a hard bound book containing personal notes, lyrics, personal pictures and special pop-up art on the center page.

As for a release date, the page said “midsummer release”, with no date.

There will also be a remastered version of Adore in mono available on LP.

Information taken from here:
    http://www.crestfallen.com/2014/03/3...deluxe-boxset/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I hope it's another April's Fools joke cos that is a weak tracklist, expected more "rarities"

here was last year's prank

http://www.crestfallen.com/2013/04/0...high-on-vinyl/
    Last edited by LaneSax; 04-01-2014 at 04:12 AM.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Several songs will most likely be on Machina 1+2 reissue, would they really include them on two reissues?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    It's an April Fool's prank, Monty does 'em every year. A pretty good one though. Artwork doesn't look like Yemchuk's , amount of CDs doesn't jibe with what we were told, and much of the image is basically modified from the Aeroplane reissue.

Now he's claiming the reissues are cancelled. I kinda wish he'd shut up.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Where the fuck is "Eye" from the Lost Highway soundtrack?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneSax View Post
    I hope it's another April's Fools joke cos that is a weak tracklist, expected more "rarities"

here was last year's prank

http://www.crestfallen.com/2013/04/0...high-on-vinyl/
    I honestly would've really liked that whole Aeroplane record player simply for the novelty of it.

Oh by the way, I know Teargarden is far from a loved thing but if anyone is interested just out of pure collectors desire or fandom, the second EP boxset is for some reason only like 3 dollars on Amazon right now brand new and sealed. Don't know why but I'm not complaining.
    Last edited by implanted_microchip; 04-01-2014 at 05:46 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    and Monte confirmed what we already knew...the Adore reissue is another lame attempt at a prank.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Oh good, I'm glad it's an April Fool's joke... though not exactly a very funny one.
    Aren't they suppose to be funny at least? Like name one of the tracks "Ava Anal Adore" or something?

Oh well, I'm glad this isn't the real tracklist because I was expecting more rarities. There's a lot of goodies from this era that I hope are included. Plus I heard we were getting 5, yes FIVE, CDs of bonus material. Out of all of the album reissues, this is the one that I'm the most excited about. There's this awesome version of "Pug" that was played in the behind the scenes footage from the Adore sessions. Flood was showing it to Billy and it was soooooo good, better than the album version in my opinion. I hope it's included! Also, the demos of "The End Is The Beginning Is The End/The Beginning Is The End Is The Beginning" were pretty cool... think they were just called "Batman 1" and "Batman 2" from the leaked demos. I wouldn't mind remastered mixes of the already released "Waiting" and "Blissed And Gone." Plus, I loved the live versions/reworkings on songs during this era... there's this amazing version of "Bullets With Butterfly Wings" that has this amazing build up before it finally kicks in and there was this epic 9 minute rendition of "Blank Page" that I heard from bootlegs.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I've been listening to the Songs For A Sailor and Solstice Bare EPs a lot lately...
    but I'm missing the bonus tracks: "Teargarden Theme" from "Songs For A Sailor" & "Cottonwood Symphony" from "The Solstice Bare"
    Anyone able to help me out or point me in the right direction to find these guys in FLAC?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    clearly wretsky's baxkv

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I have never seen a lossless rip of those tracks, maybe because they are exclusive to vinyl.
    I have them in mp3s but you can download them easily in the bay. If you can locate a flac copy, hope you can help me out.
    And FYI this is the alternate version of 'Teargarden Theme':
    Last edited by Lerxto; 04-02-2014 at 06:16 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Oh by the way, I know Teargarden is far from a loved thing but if anyone is interested just out of pure collectors desire or fandom, the second EP boxset is for some reason only like 3 dollars on Amazon right now brand new and sealed. Don't know why but I'm not complaining.
    yeah, i have little interest in the music, but i LOVE box sets, and $3.50 is a pretty good freakin' deal, especially because i have prime so i got free shipping.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    http://www.smashingpumpkinsnexus.com...2-D31FD627C6F5

So the Adore tracklist is complete; they're releasing the remastered stereo version alongside the mono version on CD, as well as 3 extra bonus discs of music and a live DVD. I wanna say this is more than what they'd promised in the past, too, so this is pretty great. Supposedly we're getting it this summer.

Oh and they've got something like 10 demos thoroughly gone over and ready to be turned into studio recordings for one of the two new albums, so that's pretty cool.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    I've never heard the mono version of Adore. How different does it sound? Is it any good?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    I've never heard the mono version of Adore. How different does it sound? Is it any good?
    all of the original vinyl versions were mono. i've honestly listened to it on vinyl more than i have on CD/digital, so i'm more used to the mono version, and i quite like it.

but it's kind of like comparing the beatles' mono & stereo album mixes...it's really subjective.

normally mono bugs me because i love utilizing the stereo field and i love it when other people do it in their music and do it well, so mono feels like a cop-out...but with certain music, it just feels right, and adore is one of those albums.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    as i think i mentioned before — it won't be vastly different, as the CD mix is basically mono (bass, piano, vocals, guitar, drums) with occasional width from things like electronic loops. even the delays and reverbs sound 'tunnelized' into mono. i'd personally call this a waste of a disc in the reissue since i won't be listening to it but i think it's got a big nostalgic bump in the way that vinyl-only bonus tracks are sought after... they haven't been digitally released before.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Imagine how awesome it would be if Billy decided to continue reissue series with... Mary Star of the Sea (after Machina 1+2)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    as... not very good.. the Zwan album was.. the first few live show bootlegs with those epic jams were pretty awesome (and I assume from the bootlegs the shows were pretty good..). Would love some good quality recordings of those. And there were all those demos and such on the DVD which never got 'proper' release.. but hey.. I could also live without it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'd be curious to hear unreleased zwan. Zwan really grew on me, over the years. But, we'll see Iha rejoin the pumpkins before anything Zwan ever happens again...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Controversial SP thought?: Mary Star of the Sea > Zeitgeist

in my opinion anyways. I really enjoyed the band live.

Interesting that Paz did co write some of those Zwan songs.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdglss View Post
    Controversial SP thought?: Mary Star of the Sea > Zeitgeist

in my opinion anyways. I really enjoyed the band live.

Interesting that Paz did co write some of those Zwan songs.
    I can agree with that. Zeitgeist has grown on me a little bit lately. The production on it is awful though. Mary Star of the Sea is solid, and pretty cohesive. I think it has a lot to do with how Zeitgeist was mixed imo. The live versions are far better than the album. So Zwan gets my vote, easily.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    so true.

today i only listen to United States and That's the Way from the album.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I can listen to the first half. After that, not so much.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidcalm View Post
    as... not very good.. the Zwan album was.. the first few live show bootlegs with those epic jams were pretty awesome (and I assume from the bootlegs the shows were pretty good..). Would love some good quality recordings of those. And there were all those demos and such on the DVD which never got 'proper' release.. but hey.. I could also live without it.
    when i saw them live, they played an 11-ish minute version of "spilled milk" and i was in fucking heaven. that song is SO GOOD.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Imagine how awesome it would be if Billy decided to continue reissue series with... Mary Star of the Sea (after Machina 1+2)
    This actually is the plan after Machina, along with The Future Embrace. There's apparently truckloads of Djali Zwan material that never saw the light of day.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Is there extra solo material we don't know about? I remember all the talk about Djahi Zwan, which never happened. To hear any material from that would be cool though. And after all the Zeitgeist talk, I wonder what the album would sound like if it were remixed and remastered. Some remixing could possibly do thag album alot of good. Especially making the tracklisting more complete (b-sides, gossamer, etc.).

I refuse to believe the album is the way it is because it's simply a comeback album. Especially not after hearing Gossamer.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Doubt there's a studio version of Gossamer. Rehearsal demo maybe, but not proper studio track.
    It'd be cool to hear a version from If All Goes Wrong in CD quality though.