Page 31 of 152 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Thread: The Smashing Pumpkins

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    This just keeps sounding better the more I hear from it; really excited to see how all of this translates live especially.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    These samples sound fantastic... did he hire Tool as a backing band for Tiberius? Jesus christ.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Samples sound great--really looking forward to hearing this.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

And again with Tiberius. I'm rather pleasantly surprised by all of this. Properly looking forward to a new Pumpkins release for the first time in nearly a decade. Hell, dare I say it...I'm hyped.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 11-17-2014 at 01:42 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    One and All is still definitely the strongest song out yet, but Tiberius feels great and gives me a sort of Pinwheels vibe. I'm guessing there should be a tour announcement really soon, right?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    And I am officially 100 percent comfortable with anticipating this album to be a home run. Every single has been better than the last, and both Being Beige and One and All have gotten better and better with repeat listens. Tiberius is easily one of the best songs Corgan's released in the past 20 years. Yeah, all the way back to Siamese Dream. I got fucking chills at that part. You know what I'm talking about. Dec. 9th (or whenever it streams/leaks) cannot come soon enough.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    One and All is still definitely the strongest song out yet, but Tiberius feels great and gives me a sort of Pinwheels vibe. I'm guessing there should be a tour announcement really soon, right?

From what I hear, we shouldn't expect a tour until Day for Night is finished/released. Billy said in some interview that the scope of the tour would be determined by people's reactions to the albums... after hearing these first three songs I'm expecting a big one.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Le With Teeth artwork?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    http://www.musicradar.com/news/guita...elegy-610515/6

Q: Aside from possible gigs with Tommy Lee, have you given thought to who’s going to be on stage with you next year?

A: I have. It’s going to be a great thing that I wish I could tell you about, but I can’t. It’ll definitely be an all-star band. It’ll cause a stir, which is good. We start rehearsals any day now. For some reason, we can’t announce it yet. It’s not in my hands.

Everyone crossing their fingers for Jimmy? I've started.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    As much as I'd like it to be Jimmy... knowing Billy, this is going to be totally out of left field. People will probably hate the lineup and bitch about how bizarre it is, but they'll play awesome shows anyway

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    New song sounds fantastic. Looking forward to the new album and tour. Wouldn't mind seeing Tommy Lee join the band for the tour.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Edit: Double post.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Looks like Brad Wilk will be drumming for some shows.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Mark Stoermer on bass.

No female bassist? Billy wat haev u dun!!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    November 30 Berlin, Germany Kesselhaus
    December 5 London, UK Koko’s
    December 6 Paris, France Le Trabendo
    December 8 New York, NY Webster Hall
    Only one show in the US and it's at one of the smallest venues in NYC. I would love to get a ticket to this but I am certainly not optimistic about being able to.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So, just to clarify, this is a special lineup that won't be the main touring lineup for the rest of the coming year? I'd love to see this, but they're referred to as "special guests," so I'm assuming that they're going to have a different band for any other shows after these.

With these announced, the main tour should be getting announced soon, right? Or more like once this one is wrapped up?
    @fillow I know you're being sarcastic but, and I wish I was kidding, I actually did see people on the FB post about it complaining that the bassist was a guy, and claiming that it was clearly the end of SP as we know it. Which is funny, because I know that when he brought in another female bassist and Asian guitarist, everyone bitched that it seemed like he was trying to cash in on the old lineup. It's like there are people who make it a goal to hate SP as much as possible.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Yes, I was only sarcastic. I don't have a problem with any personnel that suits Billy and I'd go a SP show in a heartbeat with any lineup. (I've never been to.) This year is so far the peak of my SP obsession so I might as well travel to Europe to see them next summer). Female bassist just adds some eye candy points.
    Last edited by fillow; 11-18-2014 at 01:52 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So, I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be the closing track on A Day for Night, and if they don't keep the female backing vocals and guitar solo I'll be so let down because I think I love this more than anything since Machina (and I'm actually a big fan of all the recent stuff, too; I loved Oceania and actually really like Teargarden):

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I wouldn't bet on lady vox, but there seems to be some demand to bring back solos, so I'm crossing my fingers. I like that one too, hope it's on DFN

Also reposting Gossamer because fuck yes half-hour jams:

I still wish for a studio version of that.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I wouldn't bet on lady vox, but there seems to be some demand to bring back solos, so I'm crossing my fingers. I like that one too, hope it's on DFN

Also reposting Gossamer because fuck yes half-hour jams:

I still wish for a studio version of that.
    WOW... Jimmy's drum solo... fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck me
    This is why new SP when never be true SP if it does not at least have BC and JC in the band.

Does anyone have a FLAC rip of "Gossamer" from the If All Goes Wrong DVD? Or even 320 MP3.
    I found the DVD ripped along with the rehearsal songs in FLAC, but unfortunately "Gossamer" file was corrupted.
    If anyone wants the link, PM me... and if it's possible for your rip of "Gossamer," I'd greatly appreciate it to complete the release.
    Last edited by neorev; 11-21-2014 at 02:44 PM.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    what's the deal with "Tear (From Digital Transfer)" from Adore Deluxe? how is it different from album version? (i couldn't hear a single difference)
    Last edited by fillow; 11-21-2014 at 01:18 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Wow. I mean, this is no second coming or anything but...this is the first time in years where I'm generally liking most of what I hear in every new track.

Now that we've heard basically a little under half the album, this feels like it's going to get the best overall response from anything post-2000. If he keeps it up, he might just restore that legacy in some part.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I can't believe how much they're putting out already, it's very refreshing. With announcements followed by one single then months of waiting, it's easy to stop caring about an upcoming album, and with immediate releases it can be overwhelming and lead to a lot of songs not getting love or proper attention, so this is a really great solution to both IMO.

Everything has been great so far; this is the most immediately pleasing one, but I still can't get enough One and All. In general it's nice to see that Billy was sincere when he said each track felt unique to the rest, because none of the four so far have sounded too same-y.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    what's the deal with "Tear (From Digital Transfer)" from Adore Deluxe? how is it different from album version? (i couldn't hear a single difference)
    They 'saturated' the tape for the original album mix. According to the reissue booklet 'tracks were bounced from one reel to another until they started to smear'.
    With that a rough mix was made, but at the time they went to mix the song again the tape was damaged.
    So the original album version is the 'rough mix', and 'a newly made balance from the digital transfer; made when the tape was fresh' is the 'digital transfer' version.
    Last edited by Lerxto; 11-21-2014 at 05:31 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    SF date added on dec 11, selling quick, floor is gone already, go go go!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Chicago show just announced! It's on Wednesday, the 26th (which happens to be my birthday) ... not sure if I can go, since it's pretty short notice.

Ah well. Tickets onsale at noon CST today, so get 'em fast!
    Last edited by pwing47; 11-24-2014 at 09:46 AM. Reason: clarified timezone

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Dear Anderson Cooper: Fuck you, cats are awesome, buy a shirt

And the Chicago show yesterday had the most energy from the band since the fucking 90s. I mean, holy shit:

Dawn of a new day, people.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I ended up going to the chicago show, too. Dead front and center. First time seeing then and was just absolutely floored (on my bday, no less)!

Was actually really hoping for the live debut of Drum + Fife, and we got it! Great crowd, great energy, great show.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Before we get too excited about how awesome they were the other night lets remember 2007's Tour. I saw them 8 of 11 nights at the Fillmore in SF and that was the best I've ever seen them.

Here's the performance from one of the nights at the Fillmore.. Awesome performance (Terrible Audio). I was sitting next to the guy filming this in the balcony. Dude was a superfan (Silverpants and zero t-shirt).

Here's a better one from that span of shows.. Although I don't think it's the exact same performance.

Last edited by LOVEANDZOMBIES; 11-28-2014 at 02:39 PM.