Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN-Spotting 2014

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    Really surprised Nirvana at Reading didn't make it
    I voted for the live aid ones because they were a seminal part of my childhood and seen by millions. There can't be that many people who actually saw that reading performance. Was it even televised?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I voted for the live aid ones because they were a seminal part of my childhood and seen by millions. There can't be that many people who actually saw that reading performance. Was it even televised?
    Not sure, a DVD of the whole show came out a few years ago. I have it laying around somewhere I think. The Santana one threw me off, I didn't even know it was a thing.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    French Spotting : It's very surprising but one of our oldest 70 years singer "Christophe" appeared at TV wearing a nin shirt, on two french interviews we learned that he loved Trent Reznor, asking ppl to translate him interviews, and that he'll be at the parisian show !
    Here's christophe's hit from 1965 ... not the same !

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post
    NIN really is the oddball here (and not just because they're the only ones covered in mud). U2's career was still getting started in 1985, and you can argue Dylan is relevant even now, but almost everyone else on that list is long dead and gone.

But I guess she's right about the newer ones being too recent — they haven't proved they can stand the test of time yet.

I think the one thing she is missing is that music festivals on the grand scale of Monterey, Woodstock, etc. weren't happening all the time all over the place in that era.

Now a days there are like 10-20 huge festivals a year at least, all around the world, many acts playing multiple of them. And they are all streamed and covered ad naseum (to our benefit). So festival performances have become less special, and less unique, therefore less memorable. Could I tell you the difference between even a band like NIN that I'm hardcore about, and their 5-6 streamed festival shows last summer off the top of my head right now? Nope. So how is one of them going to become this memorable thing? It won't. Things like the Tupac hologram could qualify, but many people felt that was just a gimmick too. I feel like they've become all about the paycheck and the schedule, instead of an opportunity to do something special.

How many bands or artists do you know that decided to play a few special songs, or get together and jam during one of their festival sets, etc? Almost nothing unique ever happens anymore. It's all big business attitude at these new festivals, and not really so much about the music. Perfect example being those coachella videos from like Jimmy Kimmel where people are asked about made up bands and reply "oh yeah I've heard their hot, their awesome" blah blah blah.

How many times do you see artists on the same festival lineup who have worked together before and who could easily play a song or two together but instead do absolutely nothing together, because they both need to maximize their set and time on stage in order to achieve targeting their demographics, playing the "right" songs etc. It's some sad shit.
    Last edited by AgentofChaos; 04-24-2014 at 12:02 PM.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    French Spotting : It's very surprising but one of our oldest 70 years singer "Christophe" appeared at TV wearing a nin shirt, on two french interviews we learned that he loved Trent Reznor, asking ppl to translate him interviews, and that he'll be at the parisian show !
    Here's christophe's hit from 1965 ... not the same !
    My father went to see him a few years ago. I was a bit dumbfounded by his interest and he made me listen to his most recent (and discreet) productions, and I can see why Christophe would love Reznor ; What he does now is way more electronic and experimental than what he did then...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    You can now buy Trent's custom boots for $1100!!

http://www.nicecollective.com/en/pro...-f14-2001.html

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post

Or you could not waste $1100 on a pair of shoes. Christ who the hell spends that much on boots?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Let me know when I can buy his skirt.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Are his leather Bieber pants available for purchase?

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post

It's like they took Corcoran Field Boots, resoled them, and punched a hole in the tongue.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Or you could not waste $1100 on a pair of shoes. Christ who the hell spends that much on boots?
    People with money = not me.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

NIN-Spotting 2014

Reznor number 12 in the years 'greatest rock stars', according to Kerrang. FYI, Lemmy was number 1
    Last edited by laz001; 04-27-2014 at 07:13 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^^Kerrang! has always loved NIN despite their constant pandering to terrible pop-punk bands for teenagers

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Rezurrection ought be added to dictionaries

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    lol @ "changed the face of music once"

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    This is more about Atticus/Reznor but I watched the ESPN/BBC production Hillsborough last night. Two of the score's cues were almost plagiarizing "Hand Covers Bruise" and "Under The Midnight Sun". It is a great documentary but that kind of irked me, not so much that it took me out of it though.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 04-27-2014 at 10:40 PM. Reason: brain fart

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    This is more about Atticus/Ross but I watched the ESPN/BBC production Hillsborough last night. Two of the score's cues were almost plagiarizing "Hand Covers Bruise" and "Under The Midnight Sun". It is a great documentary but that kind of irked me, not so much that it took me out of it though.
    Do you mean the 1996 drama based on the disaster? Because the plagiarism goes the other way round if that's the case...

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Do you mean the 1996 drama based on the disaster? Because the plagiarism goes the other way round if that's the case...
    Might be talking about this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3468534/?ref_=tt_ep_ep1

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Here's the official ESPN site. It's very much a documentary, talking with survivors and families of the victims. Knowing little as I do about Soccer and virtually nothing about it, I was quite drawn in by it.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Rezurrection ought be added to dictionaries
    I was thinking that when I was reading it on my phone in bed last night.

At first I was like "what? a typo?" then I was like "oh I c what they did thar".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    re: Kerrang! I have an inside source that tells me that 95% of them are massive NINheads.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Picked this one up today. I guess I'm a little late to the party (note the date)...

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Picked this one up today. I guess I'm a little late to the party (hard to read - issue dated August 4, 1995)...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I went to the cinema on Tuesday night, I knew I was in for a treat as I was going to see The Raid 2 and having been a big fan of the original I knew what to expect. However, what I didn't expect was "Magnetic" from TSN OST being used in the credits, as soon as the film ends it bursts into the song, already a minute or so in to it so it avoids the ambiance and goes straight for the energetic strings etc. I smiled and laughed well and truly out loud.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jubilee View Post
    I went to the cinema on Tuesday night, I knew I was in for a treat as I was going to see The Raid 2 and having been a big fan of the original I knew what to expect. However, what I didn't expect was "Magnetic" from TSN OST being used in the credits, as soon as the film ends it bursts into the song, already a minute or so in to it so it avoids the ambiance and goes straight for the energetic strings etc. I smiled and laughed well and truly out loud.
    Was it actually Magnetic or 14 Ghosts?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/02/trent-...would-4715720/

Trent wants to tell us to stop getting Nando's before every concert or something

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Am I missing something, is there some kind of Leto/Cortini rivalry?

http://instagram.com/p/nf-q4sqjYK/#

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I was also wondering about that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You don't need an excuse to mock 30stm

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Aw, but Jared Leto loves Nine Inch Nails
    http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/22759...s-closer.jhtml