Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN-Spotting 2014

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    According to kerrang, the perfect drug is always great live http://www.kerrang.com/17675/19-nine...mate-playlist/
    Oh my lerd.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Those comments on that RS article aren't not too kind towards Trent.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    Being around in 2009 and reading comments on articles in those days, these are tame by comparison.

I think the problem is something is said as a tiny part of an article that could be seen as controversial and it's reblogged out of context so it seems like he's just phoned the press out of the blue just to make a snide comment
    Last edited by WorzelG; 05-07-2014 at 01:55 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    whyyyyyyy did i just look at the comments section? as if i needed a reminder that internet comments sections are like billboards for the worst parts of humanity.

calling mariqueen a model was ignorant/bad enough...but some of the shit people are saying is RIDICULOUS.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    According to kerrang, the perfect drug is always great live http://www.kerrang.com/17675/19-nine...mate-playlist/
    Maybe they edited it, but at the moment, it doesn't say that, it says:

EDIT FOR EDIT FOR EDITING PURPOSES: Okay sorry, they edited it, I was wrong; maybe they just meant to say it would sound great live and ended up mistyping it? Still ridiculous, but not as bad

Nevertheless it's a pretty awful list; they mention how "Oh, we had to cut out some great things like Reptile, Eraser, etc.," making it sound like it'll be tons of fan-favorite deep cut style stuff, and instead: Hurt, Terrible Lie, Hand That Feeds, CBH, Wish, HLAH, etc.
    Last edited by implanted_microchip; 05-07-2014 at 01:41 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Nah they edited it, a few others saw it too lol

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Maybe they edited it, but at the moment, it doesn't say that, it says:

Either they edited it or you misread it.

Nevertheless it's a pretty awful list; they mention how "Oh, we had to cut out some great things like Reptile, Eraser, etc.," making it sound like it'll be tons of fan-favorite deep cut style stuff, and instead: Hurt, Terrible Lie, Hand That Feeds, CBH, Wish, HLAH, etc.
    They edited it. It was just flat out, not sarcastically, saying that TPD always sounds great live.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Definitely edited.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Interview on Stabbing Westward which has a few NIN references (Andy Kubiszewski was a member of theirs, once, but the article doesn't mention it). http://consequenceofsound.net/aux-ou...bing-westward/

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Somebody had posted this on twitter, it's a turn up for the book

http://www.dinnerpartydownload.org/scarlett-johansson/

Brendan Francis Newnam: Well thank you. See I have no trouble taking praise by the way so you can ask me any questions about being a sex symbol and I’ll take it in stride. We have another question which is tell us something we don’t know and this can be either a personal fact you haven’t shared in interviews or it could just be kind of an interesting little piece of trivia.
    Scarlett Johansson: Something you don’t know about me I guess would be, I’ll give you my biggest celebrity crush. That would probably be Trent Reznor.
    Brendan Francis Newnam: The guy behind the band Nine Inch Nails which made dark, kind of industrial kind of music?
    Scarlett Johansson: That would be my, like, meet him and faint, I think.
    Brendan Francis Newnam: And why Trent? From Frank Sinatra and Judy Garland to Nine Inch Nails.
    Scarlett Johansson: Yes. I think that there’s a, there’s definitely a through-line with Frank Sinatra, Judy Garland, and Nine Inch Nails, and I’m going to leave it up to your listeners to find it, because I know it’s there.
    Brendan Francis Newnam: Well my mind immediately goes to that Nine Inch Nails song “Head Like Hole” which has that quote “I’d rather die than give you control,” maybe control is the link, you know? Frank Sinatra, controlling. Although Judy Garland I don’t know how in control she was.
    Scarlett Johansson: See, I was going to go much more with like a sort of fragility and this kind of broken sadness, so maybe what I would see is a sort of a, like a reluctant star or something like that.
    Brendan Francis Newnam: Performing despite some anxiety or insecurity?
    Scarlett Johansson: There’s something about the bleeding soul that comes through maybe all of those vocalists, sort of this reluctance to do and then you do because you have to because it’s what you’re good at and what feels good but it hurts at the same time. I don’t know. Maybe all great performers are like that anyway.
    Brendan Francis Newnam: Do you identify with that? I mean, you seem pretty happy right now.
    Scarlett Johansson: I don’t know, acting can be extremely painful, of course, because it brings you to places that are, you know, that people usually ignore, but it’s part of, it’s the best thing. It’s a rewarding feeling, it’s very liberating.
    Brendan Francis Newnam: You’re tapping into like the real stuff of being a human, and you know.
    Scarlett Johansson: That’s the stuff. That’s the juicy stuff, that’s the good stuff.
    Brendan Francis Newnam: Well Scarlett, thank you so much for chatting with us.
    Scarlett Johansson: Thank you so much. This has been just such a delightful dinner date.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Scarlett needs to duet with Trent, mainly just because I love her voice

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Would be interesting if Trent and Atticus scored a film she was in

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

LMFAO!! at the pic they decided to use! Reminds me of Meatheads 'Me I'm Not' episode...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    The RWIB(v2) video they used for that is the one I uploaded. Well shit.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Didn't Dave Sitek produce ScarJo's album? So that leaves way less than six degrees to her working with Trent.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    Didn't Dave Sitek produce ScarJo's album? So that leaves way less than six degrees to her working with Trent.
    She was on the same soundtrack album as Atticus, one step less

There's loads of paths there, clearly she rocks. Total hipster of me, but I did find out about her singing before that Summertime remix that got a lot of people into her, and I really wish she'd do more music instead of not very subtly racist action films

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    I want to ask how you found this and yet I don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    I think I'm with Kyle on this one!

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    All I can say is that if you stay to the end there's a Rammstein bonus

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Does anybody know this interview from 2005?

Trent's really kinda weird in that. Not in a bad way. Just a little different and more energetic in comparison to a lot of his other interviews.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I dunno. Didn't seem that awkward to me. Maybe he was hitting on her at the end of the interview though. And that was a great first question and something I've always wondered about when people make similar claims.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post

Trent's really kinda weird in that. Not in a bad way. Just a little different and more energetic in comparison to a lot of his other interviews.
    "I don't care if this is too vulnerable, or I don't care if you might laugh at this. I don't care if this doesn't fit what somebody on the internet thinks Nine Inch Nails should sound like. Tough shit."

Next time someone complains about Trent owing us a particular sound, I'll just bring up this interview.

EDIT: The way Trent and Richard look in this video is particularly amusing.

Last edited by BRoswell; 05-08-2014 at 05:52 PM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Do you think they banged at the end?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    sort of NIN-Spotting, but also just really newsworthy:
    http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/05/...ype=blogs&_r=0

wonder if TR got equity when he joined up...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I dunno about that. Anybody who puts RWIB v2 on a top-whatever list — and above half of the songs you listed — is OK with me.

It's just the hair. God, oh God, the hair…

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I would kill to see the video of the interview he supposedly did with "Mistress Juliya" in 2002. Apparently it was her first ever interview for Fuse

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    http://www.stereogum.com/1680722/fri...ls-cover/mp3s/

'piggy' & 'march of the pigs' covers on a split single.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    On the theme of covers, an a cappella version of Hurt by Eric Whiteacre

Also in a blog, he explains why he likes the NIN one more than the Johnny Cash one, which is an interesting read
    http://ericwhitacre.com/blog/hurt

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Ffs, that is gorgeous and I'm 20 minutes from the Union Chapel, I totally could have gone