Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN-Spotting 2014

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Girl Gone soundtrack in:

EDIT:

Ehhh... Already posted. ;-)
    Last edited by martin_b; 07-08-2014 at 04:55 AM. Reason: stupid editor bugs regarding links

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMorlock View Post

New trailer for gone girl. What may be part of the score plays in the background.
    It is part of the score, and it's totally probably possibly called Echoes. Maybe.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    http://work.andrewjerez.com/Nine-Inc...oncert-Visuals

Idk if this has been posted before, but I hadn't seen it yet

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

is it just me or this is a very clear and high quality version of HIS? Compared to the remastered version that was posted a few months ago, the video quality here is much better.

The video was posted today by Music Vault (info here) as "Woodstock 1994 Highlights". The other tracks can be found on their youtube channel or at http://www.musicvault.com/search.htm...20Inch%20Nails but I believe the quality is not as good as the HIS video.

edit: be sure to watch it in 480p
    Last edited by arsenic; 07-08-2014 at 09:47 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Music Vault have an amazing selection of stuff, I don't know if they pay a fortune or are in the industry (or both), but I'm not surprised they managed to get the source video and make it prettier.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm assuming its compressed on youtube and is still clearer then any WS footage I've seen...

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Great quality. Too bad about some of the schizo editing.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Holy shit! The source for this Woodstock footage looks like the prototype HD feed. I'd have to pull out my beta reel that has HLAH to confirm, but I'm willing to bet it's the same.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Holy shit! The source for this Woodstock footage looks like the prototype HD feed. I'd have to pull out my beta reel that has HLAH to confirm, but I'm willing to bet it's the same.
    prototype HD feed say what? and you have some?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I bought a bootleg Woodstock thing quite a few years ago on DVD that is high definition and includes loads of preamble / a woman talking over it while waiting for the band to come on, fantastic video quality but really poor sound compared to the remastered ones - do they use soundboard or something? I think it is what was actually recorded from the pay per view broadcast. Would be great to get a definitive HD plus remastered sound copy. I really enjoy listening to the build up and preamble too

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_k_f View Post
    prototype HD feed say what?
    I'll have to look for it later, but I read an article a little while ago about how, basically, Woodstock was actually shot in an early version of what would come to be known as HDTV.

Okay, changed my mind while I was typing, and refined my search. Google is wonderful, here is a paper on how Woodstock was shot in HD in 1995.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    when you guys say "HD" what exactly do you mean? because as a format, it didn't actually exist back then. unless it was filmed on actual film (which has the quality necessary to be converted to digital HD), there's no way it's actually in high definition.

edit: i spoke too soon. i had no idea the technology had existed as early as 1994, let alone 1991. that is REALLY fucking cool. but also really frustrating that it took so long for it to become an industry standard. :/
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 07-08-2014 at 01:38 PM.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I'll have to look for it later, but I read an article a little while ago about how, basically, Woodstock was actually shot in an early version of what would come to be known as HDTV.

Okay, changed my mind while I was typing, and refined my search. Google is wonderful, here is a paper on how Woodstock was shot in HD in 1995.
    holy shitballs...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I know it's not really NIN but here is an instagram of Trent at the 20th century fox sound stage with an orchestra for Gone Girl - exciting

http://web.stagram.com/p/760279948971537967_2549924

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_k_f View Post
    holy shitballs...
    I couldn't figure out in which resolution they filmed the event, but I guess it was somewhat around HD. It doesn't look like a down-sampled Full HD.

A bit off topic, but I found this Tori Amos performance at Montreaux Jazz Festival in 1992, which was filmed in Full HD 1080! Absolutely impressive.

Apparently from 1991, Sony provided the cameras to Montreaux festival. However, tapes were almost destroyed as they were too expensive to keep.
    I really hope that's not what happened to the Woodstock HD tapes.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    holy fuck
    I fucking watched these performances when they happened. Somehow, the shitty VHS makes them feel like the distant early 90's. The HD makes them feel very recent. This is really weird.

I want to find more HD shit from way back when. Also, whats the earliest example?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    the editing on that Happiness in Slavery is fucking atrocious. what a shame if some new HD source of the entire show pops up and the editing is like that for every song....WDR even laughs at that editing....

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    the editing on that Happiness in Slavery is fucking atrocious. what a shame if some new HD source of the entire show pops up and the editing is like that for every song....WDR even laughs at that editing....
    Trent could literally cure cancer and you'd find fault

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    guys I think I found another version with less compression (same editing though, sorry Bill)

http://www.paste.com/video/woodstock...lights/1010605

and be sure to select 5000k in the bottom right corner.
    Do you think the original tapes will ever surface? What about getting in touch with the management or the TV crew?

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Is that the same as curing ETS of billpulsipher?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    holy fuck
    I fucking watched these performances when they happened. Somehow, the shitty VHS makes them feel like the distant early 90's. The HD makes them feel very recent. This is really weird.

I want to find more HD shit from way back when. Also, whats the earliest example?
    it is weird right? The grainy shitty old SD format is what I expect for this era NIN.. Especially after watching the Woodstock performance sooooo many times. Seeing Trent break shit just for the fuck of it is not something we get to see very much of in HD.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Is that the same as curing ETS of billpulsipher?
    curing ETS of billpulsipher > curing cancer > walking on water > winning Powerball

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    he's not wrong though...

billpulsipher could literally cure cancer and half this forum would find fault

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    he's not wrong though...
    Yeah, the editing is terrible. The audio isn't the full mix. Neither of those things are Trent's fault. If I were to call this match... @billpulsipher 1, @sheepdean 0 - but @dariocotti ultimately wins for posting the higher quality copy located on Paste. Back to the topic at hand please!

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Yeah, Bill's actually right on this one. The editing is terrible. They don't even try to disguise the discontinuity between shots. I believe this is the single edit of Happiness in Slavery (the one that won the Grammy). I think it is what appeared on the VHS and the Laserdisc. I've actually got a copy of the laserdisc headed my way right now, so I can check.

The audio certainly is. The audio had additional dubbing for the single/album release. Most notable is the "I don't know what I am..." bit where Trent's mic was malfunctioning or was low in the mix in the original soundboard audio. In the original broadcast audio he mistakenly sings "stick my hands through the cage of this broken machine" instead of "endless routine", and at the end of that stanza he says "caught in this big broken machine" (as per the studio lyrics). For the single/album release, they redubbed that part because of Trent's mic, and on the dub-over, he sings "endless routine" and "big fucking machine".

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I think it is what appeared on the VHS and the Laserdisc. I've actually got a copy of the laserdisc headed my way right now, so I can check.
    Come to think of it, I don't think I've knowingly seen a LD rip, could this simply be its contents? LD did have the capacity for better audio than standard DVD encoding.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Come to think of it, I don't think I've knowingly seen a LD rip, could this simply be its contents? LD did have the capacity for better audio than standard DVD encoding.
    i had a dream last night that i got a new them crooked vultures album that was two discs, each one was one side vinyl, one side laserdisc.
    but, uh...it's NIN-spotting worthy because trent produced the album, as per the liner notes.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    http://work.andrewjerez.com/Nine-Inc...oncert-Visuals

Idk if this has been posted before, but I hadn't seen it yet
    I see they snuck The Presence into the visual for In This Twilight.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Holy crap Music Vault is now officially on Youtube, that means that their never seen before version of Woodstock94 is now available for free (this version got no ad, amazing sound, exclusive widescreen)

Playlist :
    HIS VHS REMIX :