spotted nine inch nails in divinity- original sin

there is also an achievement on steam called into the void

maybe there is even more references. I'm not very far yet

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona Radiata View Post
    Any chance that them listing it means that What If We Could? might come back this tour?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona Radiata View Post
    Something to add to that, Fractal interview with Robin: http://www.fractalaudio.com/robin-finck.php

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    “This will be the fourth kind of radically different production we’ve pulled off this cycle, and it’s been a pain, . . . frankly,” he said.

“Maybe nobody even notices,” he said wryly. “It’s not bombast. It’s not ‘Look at these technical things we can do.’  ”

Reznor sharpens his Nails for future

hmm...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Last tour for a long time (as per RS review of Vegas)? Bugger.

Hopefully cos he's working on more NIN/HTDA studio...deserves a bit of a break though to be fair!
    Last edited by simonn; 07-23-2014 at 01:53 PM.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Something to add to that, Fractal interview with Robin: http://www.fractalaudio.com/robin-finck.php
    Awesome. Also, according to this tech setlist, he switches up between guitars pretty much every tune but leans on the Goldtops most, with the main Drop-D tuned guitar on this tour being the sanded "Nothing Face" Les Paul (for heavy tunes like "Wish", "Somewhat Damaged", "Reptile", and "Eraser"). He's also been switching from keys to guitar for the finale of "Closer" in 2014, which is something they haven't done since the Fragility tour ended fourteen years ago.
    Last edited by botley; 07-23-2014 at 01:26 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I made this for a filmmaking project last semester and totally forgot to share it with you guys. We had to make a movie trailer, and I'd been listening to the OPN remix of Find My Way on repeat, and... this happened.

(Slightly NSFW.)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    I made this for a filmmaking project last semester and totally forgot to share it with you guys. We had to make a movie trailer, and I'd been listening to the OPN remix of Find My Way on repeat, and... this happened.

(Slightly NSFW.)

I'm assuming you know it's official Batman Day?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I'm assuming you know it's official Batman Day?
    Weirdly enough, I didn't until after posting that. FATE? DESTINY? CO-NINCIDENCE?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Lisa Fischer interview:

Q: How on earth did you wind up singing with Nine Inch Nails on their last tour?

A: That was pretty amazing. Trent (Reznor) reached out because of the film, so I have to thank him for having the vision and desire to want backgrounds and make me part of it. I didn't know anything about the material or the music but I knew the name. So I went to listen and thought, "Wow, this is so edgy, I love this." It was so different from anything I'd been involved in before. Trent is such a sweet spirit and he taught me that angst is a part of relief. It was beautiful to watch him go through this process of marrying his voice with the angst and emotions of the past, in a way that still sounds current. And it was beautiful to see the audience let go and enjoy what he offered. Every show seemed to have a slightly different theme or focus. That might be the oddest thing I've ever done

Original article here.
    Last edited by somethingelse; 07-25-2014 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Spacing/link issues

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Cold Cave interview http://www.artistdirect.com/entertai...utm_source=jtd

You must be excited for the tour with Nine Inch Nails and Soundgarden…

We’re super excited. We just spent the last two months on tour with Nine Inch Nails in Europe. We were ready to go. Trent knew we could do it, and we were available. The last tour went so well that it seemed like a no-brainer. It will be different than Europe. In Europe, we were playing in the arenas and stadiums where it was just Cold Cave and Nine Inch Nails. People had been waiting for a band to play for an hour-and-a-half already. We’re first of three, and it’s outdoors on this tour. It’ll be daytime and dusk. We’re figuring out how to transition our show, which depends so much on the mood of the night and dark aesthetics. I love playing with different sorts of bands. My least favorite thing is to be on tour, show up, and the opening bands are guy-girl synth duo. I like all sorts of things. I’m excited to play with Soundgarden, and I love Nine Inch Nails. I like doing these different sorts of tours. I think it’s really cool Trent chose the bands he did. It changes the context of the tour.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    - I have not seen this trailer before, but you can find there something we know... :-)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_b View Post
    - I have not seen this trailer before, but you can find there something we know... :-)
    Bit too subtle?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    NIN made yet another appearance on Covert Affairs on Tuesday, with "Came Back Haunted".
    Last edited by otnavuskire; 07-25-2014 at 09:46 AM.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raygunprimed View Post
    Lisa Fischer interview:

Q: How on earth did you wind up singing with Nine Inch Nails on their last tour?

A: That was pretty amazing. Trent (Reznor) reached out because of the film, so I have to thank him for having the vision and desire to want backgrounds and make me part of it. I didn't know anything about the material or the music but I knew the name. So I went to listen and thought, "Wow, this is so edgy, I love this." It was so different from anything I'd been involved in before. Trent is such a sweet spirit and he taught me that angst is a part of relief. It was beautiful to watch him go through this process of marrying his voice with the angst and emotions of the past, in a way that still sounds current. And it was beautiful to see the audience let go and enjoy what he offered. Every show seemed to have a slightly different theme or focus. That might be the oddest thing I've ever done

Original article here.
    Another reason why I love Lisa. I know Bill is probably gonna choke me on this one, but I would love to see Lisa & Sharlotte come back (not haunted though).

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edo View Post
    My least favorite thing is to be on tour, show up, and the opening bands are guy-girl synth duo.

That was my least favourite thing too...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

...are you fucking kidding me?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dariocotti View Post
    Despite giggling a bit, that was pretty terrible but somehow I can sing Trent singing to this mashup in the shower.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    It turns out that The Amazing Atheist still likes Nine Inch Nails, but hasn't gotten into that much of NIN since With Teeth came out. These were the few mentions of NIN from TAA as far as the 2010s go. There could be more for all I know, as I haven't followed TAA for quite a while.

http://amazingatheist.tumblr.com/pos...-bands-artists

http://amazingatheist.tumblr.com/pos...ine-inch-nails

http://amazingatheist.tumblr.com/pos...ine-inch-nails

https://twitter.com/amazingatheist/status/342769061882646528

There is a mention of Nine Inch Nails in this video, but I forgot the exact minutes and seconds it was mentioned, and he didn't feel like putting up the minute markers. He basically said that he still likes a bunch of NIN, but still admits he hasn't been that big on NIN since With Teeth. Most of it seems to be at least okay to him.

-Edit-

Oh wait. It's at 47:25 - 48:35.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 07-26-2014 at 09:37 PM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by staleincense View Post

...are you fucking kidding me?
    OH MY GOD. Hahahahaha. WOW. I just laughed at "The Nine Inch Nail" for like 3 minutes.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    French/German famous culture TV channel Arte and their famous 'Tracks' show just published large '90 interview collection, that include TR2005 ITW in 720p

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    that interview is ruined by the translators talking over him

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    If there’s a better touring show in 2014 than Nine Inch Nails’, let’s see it.

Amen.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Yet another cover of "Closer" is coming out on this Cleopatra Records compilation, this time by a Toronto-based indie band called Hot Peach (sample at 11:05 in this video)…

EDIT: it's now up on iTunes
    Last edited by botley; 07-29-2014 at 07:05 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Toronto review (National Post)
    Review 2 (Toronto Sun)