Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN-Spotting 2014

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Trent first told us about it during the NIN|JA tour, 2009, so yeah 5 years.
    But I don't think it's reaching that status (Was there ever official planning for Closure to have a physical DVD release?) simply because he is talking about it and making progress with it. Tapeworm didn't happen partially because of the other people involved. YZTV slowed way down because they have to rely on someone else to want it, take it on, do it. The Fragile re-release, other than having Interscope ok it (/take money form it), is primarily in Trent's hands.
    It really just sounds like it's in the final stages right now, and he's taking his time to make sure it comes out as what he wants it to be. What he just now said about it makes it sound like the only thing holding it back now is the 40 new demo (/sounds) he wants to give himself a chance to play around with and see if he can include them in some way. The interview made me VERY excited about this being a physical thing I will hold in my hands "soon".
    you just seem so … adorably naive about being a NIN fan :-)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD View Post
    I just read the interview and my first thought was.. OH so that new movie is the reason the canceled all those dates?!
    that was the impression i got, too. i don't think it was explicitly said, though. (right?)

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Why TR just don't take Atticus on the road and make the score on the laptops in hotel rooms? Worked for Year Zero and Niggy Tardust. Plus he could play bass on tour.

Goddamnit, now I just can't take any NIN news without a grain of salt. NIN most likely won't return to Eupore in next three-four years, and these cancellations fucked up all my summer plans.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Why TR just don't take Atticus on the road and make the score on the laptops in hotel rooms? Worked for Year Zero and Niggy Tardust. Plus he could play bass on tour.
    Atticus has kids and is also scoring a couple of other things (the upcoming Beach Boys biopic Love and Mercy & a documentary entitled Gennadiy are gonna be him). Plus, he really doesn't seem to like touring too much

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Also, so, so good to hear about the Fragile, but I feel like thats reaching YZ TV series/closure Dvd/tapeworm status right now. Theyve been talking about that for upwards of 5 years now. Maybe more? And this compounded with his current exhaustion, overhwelmed state, i have serious doubts about when we might see it. Which is a shame because it sounds more awesome any time he brings it up.
    The Fragile 5.1 has actually been on the cards since at least 2004_12_03:

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    (Was there ever official planning for Closure to have a physical DVD release?)
    Yes, it was supposed to come out in 2004. There was a trailer for it and everything.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    you just seem so … adorably naive about being a NIN fan :-)
    Possible. I've only been a fan since 02/03, so I'm a new fan. But with as much info he KEEPS giving us about the re-release, coupled with it sounding mostly done (minus the "40 demo" bonus content), I feel like this interview kinda breathed new life into it. I could honestly see it coming out in the next 3 years.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Possible. I've only been a fan since 02/03, so I'm a new fan. But with as much info he KEEPS giving us about the re-release, coupled with it sounding mostly done (minus the "40 demo" bonus content), I feel like this interview kinda breathed new life into it. I could honestly see it coming out in the next 3 years.
    You should put a reminder on your phone to check in 3 years!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Not sure if this was spotted previously or not, but I found this somewhere over the Pacific:

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Not sure if this was spotted previously or not, but I found this somewhere over the Pacific:

D oesn't
    E ver
    L eave
    T he
    A irport

I've got Diamond status with this turd of an airline. Actually on a plane right now, amazingly nothing has gone wrong (yet) all morning- outside of the freezing cabin and some brutally loud high pitched noise that made it impossible to sleep.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm sure Fragile reissue will be just in time....for the 20th anniversary of the album....5 years

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up finishing 10-12 songs as a complementary 3rd disc to The Fragile re-issue.

In any case, he sure did sound a bit overwhelmed in this interview.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    http://pitchfork.com/news/54021-tren...agile-reissue/

First time I've seen official mention of Fragile-era extras, beyond fan-speculation.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent Reznor
    "I just stumbled across 40-or-so demos that are from that era that didn't turn into songs, that range from sound effects to full-fledged pieces of music, and I kind of feel like–something should happen with that. He added, "I just haven't had a chance to be in a calm place where I can think it through completely and make that decision."
    Dear Trent: please cancel all upcoming tour dates and find your happy place.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    You should put a reminder on your phone to check in 3 years!
    People actually have smart phones that last three years?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I've had my Iphone 4 since I graduated in 2011.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Keeping in mind that this is all speculation anyway, I'm guessing, at some point, Trent and Atticus will have to work with others on the film as well, which would presumably happen in LA. Sounds like they just squeezed in some preliminary work in the last month, but I bet those late stage meetings have a much stricter timeline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Of all things "Love is Not Enough" is featured towards the middle of the trailer for Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Lol, just came to post that trailer.

The film doesn't looks great...

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Found in a record store in Shibuya:

I hope there are some extras around the venue, because I'm digging the blues & purples.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    People actually have smart phones that last three years?
    I'll tell you in two years...just set that reminder now....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMorlock View Post
    Of all things "Love is Not Enough" is featured towards the middle of the trailer for Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy
    Heh, not really huge spoilers, but the villain Benicio del Toro plays in this shares the name of the certain other W/T song. I wonder if it might appear in future trailers.
    Last edited by Microwave Jellyfish; 02-19-2014 at 12:59 PM. Reason: never knew how to spell his name.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD View Post
    I just read the interview and my first thought was.. OH so that new movie is the reason the canceled all those dates?!
    Wait, wait… I must have missed something. What dates were cancelled??

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Pretty much every date in Eastern Europe.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    There was a short interview with Russell Mills in his studio talking about Kurt Schwitters in an episode of Countryfile recently.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    There was a short interview with Russell Mills in his studio talking about Kurt Schwitters in an episode of Countryfile recently.
    don't forget that the latest episode of Underneath It All was also a Russell Mills interview

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    Heh, not really huge spoilers, but the villain Benicio del Toro plays in this shares the name of the certain other W/T song. I wonder if it might appear in future trailers.

Hahaha I didn't even think of that!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Satellite is getting regular rotation on our non-profit station. Has this actually been released as a radio single that commercial outlets are playing, or is this just another example of the small guy going "we like this one, so we're playing it"?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Because Lost Highway is 17 years old, Rolling Stone is promoting the article with Lynch/TR on it. Nothing new, but hey: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-boys-19970306

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    "I really did love this film and I'm a big fan of the modular synth explosion and subculture, but I wish more of the music created caught my ears in the same way that some of the really great electronic music has/did, such as TONTO, NIN's Ghosts, Morton Subotnick, Wendy Carlos, Juana Molina, and many others."

http://tapeop.com/reviews/music/99/i...n-by-robert-f/