Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman: Arkham City

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Batman: Arkham City

Deathstroke is basically a counter fight. As soon as you see him start to attack, counter him. Use your combo attacks (x + o, etc) every time you can. You can also batclaw him to you to get a couple of hits. But the key is counters and not getting too greedy with your attacks.

The tricky part is that the timing for the counters changes with each "stage" of the fight, after the beat down scenes. When you get to the part where he pulls out his sword there are usually two attacks you have to counter.

Once you get the timing down to counter it's actually a really easy fight. There's an achievement/trophy for not missing a counter.
    Last edited by MrSlfDstruct; 04-10-2014 at 02:54 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    It's crazy i find this one Deathstroke fight harder than all of Arkham Asylum and Arkham City put together. Sheesh! lol

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    Deathstroke is basically a counter fight. As soon as you see him start to attack, counter him. Use your combo attacks (x + o, etc) every time you can. You can also batclaw him to you to get a couple of hits. But the key is counters and not getting too greedy with your attacks.

The tricky part is that the timing for the counters changes with each "stage" of the fight, after the beat down scenes. When you get to the part where he pulls out his sword there are usually two attacks you have to counter.

Once you get the timing down to counter it's actually a really easy fight. There's an achievement/trophy for not missing a counter.
    OMG i finally beat him, all i had to fucking do was turn hints back on lmfao....... MAKES A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Congrats! Now do it on New Game +

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Deathstroke is an asshole. You have to let him lead the fight. After many, many, many tries I did get the achievement for not being damaged by him. One of my proudest achievements.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    So i finished the main story in Origins, now i gotta go do the extra stuff.... of course i did some along the way but there was just too much of it keeping me distracted from the narrative. Is there no way to reveal it all on the maps like in the past games with the floating riddler markers?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    So i finished the main story in Origins, now i gotta go do the extra stuff.... of course i did some along the way but there was just too much of it keeping me distracted from the narrative. Is there no way to reveal it all on the maps like in the past games with the floating riddler markers?
    Interrogate Enigma thugs like you would in the other games. They cough up Encryption Key locations on the map.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I still can't get the last Crime in Progress to pop. Flew around for hours. I'm over it.

The Cold, Cold Heart DLC was a great story. Game play seems to have some of the same faults as the main game. Hopefully WB Montreal can get their shit together by the time they take over the franchise full time.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    I still can't get the last Crime in Progress to pop. Flew around for hours. I'm over it.

The Cold, Cold Heart DLC was a great story. Game play seems to have some of the same faults as the main game. Hopefully WB Montreal can get their shit together by the time they take over the franchise full time.
    reload a checkpoint and begin flying around near Wonder Tower. it'll activate, eventually....

I had zero issues or glitches with Cold, Cold Heart. I love Mr. Freeze and thoroughly enjoyed it. Got every achievement.

As much as I love Batman, I hope after Arkham Knight they retire this series.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    reload a checkpoint and begin flying around near Wonder Tower. it'll activate, eventually....

I had zero issues or glitches with Cold, Cold Heart. I love Mr. Freeze and thoroughly enjoyed it. Got every achievement.

As much as I love Batman, I hope after Arkham Knight they retire this series.
    I'll give it a try. Thanks.

I had one freeze (no pun intended) during the DLC. Of course it happened at the end and I thought I was going to lose my data but I didn't.

I see no chance of WB Games retiring the Batman franchise. Maybe they can start a different Batman series so they can start fresh. Just retire the Arkham franchise.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Oh man Origins sure was glitchy huh? haha i was at a predator scene and after i took out one of the armed goons by way of inverted takedown the rest of the goons came running to check out his corpse and they all ended up clustered together and stuck in a corner it was hilarious.

I also had some dudes get completely stuck inside of a wall spinning around doing 360s. So messed up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Did anyone care for the handheld spin off of Arkham Origins? The Blackgate game. I've been playing it extensively for the past week and I've had a lot of fun with it. It's basically Metroidvania with Batman. The combat is a little sludgy, but overall I think it's a good game. Lots and lots of exploring to do!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I'm not sure if this was touched on but in Origins was anyone getting tired of all the subliminal mocking toward the player?

There were a few occasions where the characters are trying to "tell" you something, for instance after you get the second last Penguin arms cache, Barbara says something like "We're actually getting stuff done and my Dad thinks I'm just sitting in his office texting and watching TV. If only he knew."

Hardy har har.....

There were other similar things said in different situations but it's like ok... i get it...... you don't have to tell me, I've been sitting on my ass playing a video game for 4 hours doing repetitive and pointless side missions that are getting me nowhere in life.., what else is new?
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 05-17-2014 at 06:45 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Ugh...that looks awesome. I'm going to have to pony up and get a next-gen system so I can play this and the new Assassin's Creed game.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    "Gameplay Trailer"

Nice CGI cutscenes. I think I might've seen about 3 snippets of actual gameplay footage that's believable.

Either way, cannot wait!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Arkham Knight has been delayed to 2015

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/...yed-until-2015

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Takes balls to delay a game. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Ok: this is going to be the worst gaming year in a long time. Not saying much: the last 3 are in the running for the best ever. But looks like awesome games are taking a break in lieu of familiarity and a coy game of next gen chicken. So disappointing.

Of course, this bodes well for the quality of the game.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'm so stoked that they're delaying these games to be honest...choosing to follow their vote for quality over the self-entitled whining turds on social media. Sucks that it's delayed, but I think it's to be expected at the beginning of any new console generation's cycle.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Besides Destiny, this a was the one and only game for this year I was actually very interested in.

As for quality, I doubt it'll matter too much for improving the quality with this delay. Watch_Dogs was delayed and I've ran into a few glitches and issues.

I'm sure Arkham Knight will suffer from some.

Oh well.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    In light of it's current quality, I'm sure if Watch Dogs had not been delayed I would have just fucking returned it. It is barely passable. But Watch Dogs is an Ubisoft franchise, and Ubisoft are the KINGS of half assing video games.

Rocksteady are a 2/2 when it comes to designing good Batman games, so I'm still confident, especially without the "cross-gen" monicker to haunt this one. I'm just a little disappointed, because there's nothing else to look forward to this year. I guess there's smash bros...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Arkham Knight now streets June 2, 2015. Womp womp...

Also, special editions!

Last edited by october_midnight; 09-08-2014 at 11:10 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Limited Edition for me, that Batman statue is too nice not to grab.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Me too, just got back from paying it off. Only $99.99 so definitely worth it. The Batmobile one is $199.99 which I found odd...was going to get that one, but dropping 10K or so on a car within the next few weeks is leading me to pinch the pennies a bit.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Me too, just got back from paying it off. Only $99.99 so definitely worth it. The Batmobile one is $199.99 which I found odd...was going to get that one, but dropping 10K or so on a car within the next few weeks is leading me to pinch the pennies a bit.
    Real car > Statue of fictional car

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by space suicide View Post
    real car > statue of fictional car
    But the batmobile, man.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I did some googling but couldn't find anything... since I'm a huge fan of the Frank Miller design I wanted to ask if there is some kind of mod that lets you play as that costume in the other games aswel apart from Akrham Cityl?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

Swooooooooooooooooooooooooooon.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    And more John Noble as Scarecrow! Fuck yeah.