Thread: Star Trek - Series and Films

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    What do you want to see in Picards new series?
    The following pretty well sums it up for me…

Edit: Patrick Stewart (Picard) wasn’t a one man show on TNG. Don’t try to make him a one man show now. Use him sparingly, he is a familiar face that gives us some level of comfort. We can explore his golden years maybe as a part-time Starfleet advisor or cadet instructor while at the same time establishing a new ship/captain/crew as well as the bigger picture of the Federation and its role in the galaxy some 20+ years after the events of Nemesis.

Don’t make it a shameless action romp. Don’t parade around a bunch of the TNG cast pointlessly. In fact, it might be better and more expansive to work in a few characters from the other TNG era shows, I’d welcome back the likes of Nana Visitor, Andrew Robinson, Wil Wheaton, and Tim Russ to reprise their old roles in some limited capacity,… and as always Jeffrey Combs (in any role). Maybe make the show a ratio of 20% Picard (old guard) arc and 80% new ship/crew arc (Stewart is just too old to carry the brunt), while their threads intertwine at key junctures.
    Last edited by Dr Channard; 09-17-2018 at 03:45 PM.