Thread: Star Trek - Series and Films

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by talkingnothing View Post
    RE the season 3 trailer for Disco... idk what to think. i'll watch it. i'm somewhat interested in the idea that they are out of place in time trying to explain what Star Fleet stands for and is all about while being part of a show that has been a little more action/soap-opera-drama than what i think Star Trek is all about and stands for. That said, i have found Discovery enjoyable to watch even if i don't hold it in the same esteem as some of the other series.
    I like that season 3 is set 900 years in the future. Prequels are hard, tip-toeing around canon, especially when you already have established characters like Spock. Now Discovery has a blank canvas. Plus since it's set so far in the future from TNG/DS9/Voy, Picard and any other new shows/movies set during that time don't have to worry about contradicting events that happen in this season of Discovery.

Of all the new shows, I am most looking forward to seeing the adventures of Pike/Spock/Number 1 in Strange New Worlds. That show looks like it will be a lot of fun, less drab than Discovery/Picard, and it will be episodic too, not serialized, like old-school Trek.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 09-10-2020 at 03:20 PM.