Page 74 of 99 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 2944

Thread: NIN with Soundgarden - summer 2014 amphitheatre NA tour

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Bill sure talks to a lot of people named "they."

In general the response to the backing singers was resoundingly positive, for the most part the people bitching didn't care for HM in the first place, so with or without them Tension wouldn't have been their thing.

I do wish we had a proper bassist again, but they've been making it work so far. Great to know the production won't be like Australia/NZ/South America (not that that's bad, but I got a person to go to a show with me this next month largely because of their visuals).

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    In some interview Trent said it would be similar to the festival shows since they did so few of them.
    All he really said was that he liked the buildup how it started with just him against a white wall and gradually built up from there and he'd be revisiting that idea. I don't think we're getting a rehash of that tour at all and nothing has really indicated that. Definitely not this picture because they obviously can't use a picture from this tour since it hasn't started yet. Although that picture is from the beginning parts of the show where we were getting the gradual build up so we might see something similar.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahConnor View Post
    Ah, you're mental.
    The Tension band was the most progressive, fresh thing NIN has been for a long time.
    and that's the problem. "Progressive" is the exact opposite of what Bill looks for.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I love HM but I really didn't like the Tension tour that much, even though it was the only time I've actually seen NIN live. Pino, although a great player, ruined it a bit for me because he has no stage presence. Even the visuals weren't too amazing IMO. I was more impressed watching "The Gift" from the LITS tour than seeing Tension in person. Hell, even the festival production seemed cooler with the stuff they did with songs like Closer and Only. I would've preferred the festival lineup and stage setup instead.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    In some interview Trent said it would be similar to the festival shows since they did so few of them.
    It's funny though, because if it's true, that would directly contradict some other statements he's made about how everyone sees everything on the Internet already, so he wants to try to keep it fresh. The festival shows last year were the most streamed tour ever.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Signed posters, 100 per show, randomly put in the pile. Should be first come, first served...

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Double post because my phone is stupid and I can't edit...

http://instagram.com/p/qmvua1zOhG/

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Let the Photoshop magic commence!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    All he really said was that he liked the buildup how it started with just him against a white wall and gradually built up from there and he'd be revisiting that idea. I don't think we're getting a rehash of that tour at all and nothing has really indicated that. Definitely not this picture because they obviously can't use a picture from this tour since it hasn't started yet. Although that picture is from the beginning parts of the show where we were getting the gradual build up so we might see something similar.
    http://music-mix.ew.com/2014/05/23/n...nor-interview/

So for the Soundgarden tour in the summer, elements of that will be based on what we did in the very first thing in the cycle, which we only did at a few festivals around the world, which was I think the most interesting thing we’ve done so far, even more than*Tension. It really felt like a vital live show, where we build a show and put together a stage that starts completely bare. The plan is we’re going to base it on that and to expand upon it. Lots of chances for things to go wrong.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    Signed posters, 100 per show, randomly put in the pile. Should be first come, first served...
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    Double post because my phone is stupid and I can't edit...

http://instagram.com/p/qmvua1zOhG/
    Note that that only seems to apply to the Red Rocks shows as far as we know. That's all Jermaine has posted about anyway.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Yup. Pretty much exactly wha I said. Not a rehash but based off of it.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Airbornefeline View Post
    I love HM but I really didn't like the Tension tour that much
    Saying that here is going to get you on the shit list. God forbid you diss the backup singers....To the people saying how wonderful and successful Tension was and how it went over great...Tell that to Trent's accountant since he took a LOSS on the tour.....Then again, with Soundgarden and D.E.P. on this tour, maybe he should bring the backup singers out with him again. Sure Soundgarden and DEP fans will love to see that. DEP will be smashing their instruments and falling over themselves with a total aggressive set and here comes Trent with gospel singers onstage dancing around. #punkrock...... you want backup singers, go watch Don Henley or U2 or watch Guns N Roses Use Your Illusion tour videos with Axl and all his backup singers. This is Nine Inch fucking Nails
    Last edited by billpulsipher; 07-18-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    Saying that here is going to get you on the shit list. God forbid you diss the backup singers....To the people saying how wonderful and successful Tension was and how it went over great...Tell that to Trent's accountant since he took a LOSS on the tour.....Then again, with Soundgarden and D.E.P. on this tour, maybe he should bring the backup singers out with him again. Sure Soundgarden and DEP fans will love to see that. DEP will be smashing their instruments and falling over themselves with a total aggressive set and here comes Trent with gospel singers onstage dancing around. #punkrock you want backup singers, go watch Don Henley or U2. This is Nine Inch fucking Nails. wake up

Bill, I counted a whole no one said that they should bring the backup singers back for this tour. What everyone was saying was that they enjoyed the Tension lineup as it was and thought it was a fine show. Dollars made =/= quality. You were probably the kind of guy who heard female vocals on La Mer when The Fragile came out and got mad because "This is Nine fucking Nails, you want female singers, you go find another band. Man, remember when Trent was good back when Broken came out?"

And it won't get someone on everyone's shitlist, it is that you perpetually spew just that which the lists are made out of, always saying something negative anytime there is any semblance of a piece of news, always making backhanded compliments that insult other things simultaneously and always going on and on about how Trent is doing this wrong or Trent did this wrong, and now lately Pearl Jam is always popping up too, like, fuck man, take a break from being so upset all the time. You don't have to get so annoyed every day that you wake up and think of NIN.

OT: I'm hoping the custom tour posters are for every show! I know I guess there will be at least 3 variants for each different opener, right?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Disliking things doesn't get you on anyone's shitlist here. Constantly harping on the same things after we already get the point definitely does.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Really, just stop engaging him at this point. Troll is gonna troll. I can appreciate some good trolling. But it's literally the same vaguely racist/sexist shit over and over... Stop. Engaging. Him.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    John Ive thinks that in 2014 things need to be more "iOS 7-like". Like colored gradients and a flattened look. And let's face it, the iPod is dead.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dariocotti View Post
    John Ive thinks that in 2014 things need to be more "iOS 7-like". Like colored gradients and a flattened look. And let's face it, the iPod is dead.
    It's a nostalgia design. Just like this tour.</troll>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i have 2 front row center seats in the gold circle for the vegas show tomorrow.
    hit me with a pm if interested.
    sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    SPOILER ALERT:
    "Gone are earlier production elements, including a unique and visually arresting lighting display during an arena run last year. They have been replaced with a show designed to fit in more intimate amphitheaters with nothing hanging from the rafters."

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ce=twitterfeed
    Last edited by LOVEANDZOMBIES; 07-18-2014 at 06:43 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    SPOILER ALERT:
    "Gone are earlier production elements, including a unique and visually arresting lighting display during an arena run last year. They have been replaced with a show designed to fit in more intimate amphitheaters with nothing hanging from the rafters."

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ce=twitterfeed
    That sick show the Europeans got won't make it to the States then?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Sounds like not. We'll just have to wait and see what happens tonight.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    so no streaming at Pemberton? there goes the only chance of a pro shot from this tour

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tension was much "bigger" than anything Europe got.

Does sound like they may be bringing back the 2013 festival rig. We shall see "soon" what it's all about I guess, probably reworking that whole thing with different set list and possibly more interactive stuff.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    so no streaming at Pemberton? there goes the only chance of a pro shot from this tour
    Well I wouldn't expect anything in full but considering they've said they've been filming extra material for the Tension Blu Ray, I could see something getting filmed here or there by Rob for it at some point.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Tension was much "bigger" than anything Europe got.

Does sound like they may be bringing back the 2013 festival rig. We shall see "soon" what it's all about I guess, probably reworking that whole thing with different set list and possibly more interactive stuff.
    Yeah, I just read this bit:

So for the Soundgarden tour in the summer, elements of that will be based on what we did in the very first thing in the cycle, which we only did at a few festivals around the world, which was I think the most interesting thing we’ve done so far, even more than*Tension. It really felt like a vital live show, where we build a show and put together a stage that starts completely bare. The plan is we’re going to base it on that and to expand upon it. Lots of chances for things to go wrong.
    Honestly, I thought I might be alone in saying this, but the 2013 festival run really had one of the coolest NIN stage designs ever. I think it's up there with Lights In the Sky, and way better than Tension. Not to mention that the setlists were nicely balanced - old stuff, new stuff, a few rarities. I'm perfectly ok with NIN playing the essential hits, a few of the best new tracks, and some of the fan-favorite material. The 2013 festival run had all that, and the stage felt really fluid, with space for the musicians to move around and whatnot. Tension looked like a prog band standing around while a new album was played in its entirety (almost).

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    What time do they go on tonight?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Honestly, I thought I might be alone in saying this, but the 2013 festival run really had one of the coolest NIN stage designs ever. I think it's up there with Lights In the Sky, and way better than Tension. Not to mention that the setlists were nicely balanced - old stuff, new stuff, a few rarities. I'm perfectly ok with NIN playing the essential hits, a few of the best new tracks, and some of the fan-favorite material. The 2013 festival run had all that, and the stage felt really fluid, with space for the musicians to move around and whatnot. Tension looked like a prog band standing around while a new album was played in its entirety (almost).
    I agree with you, in many ways the production they did for the festivals was one of the best stage production NIN has ever come up with. On the contrary, what they did for the European shows this spring was cool but not as overwhelming, sometimes even distracting (see my impressions of the Copenhagen show).

So, if that's the case, I'm glad the US will have another chance to experience a revised version of last year's festival run.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    What time do they go on tonight?
    9:30 PM. A little more than 2.5 hours from now.

http://pembertonmusicfestival.com/schedule

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Heh. Every time somebody mentions the versatility of the screens in the festival tour I think of Made in America. Between the first and second verses of Only, you see Trent walking behind a screen. I was one person behind the railing extreme stage left. From my angle I could see Trent behind the screen picking his shorts out of his ass.

That image has clearly stuck with me for some unfathomable reason.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Yeah, I just read this bit:

Keeping in mind I was at one festival show and one Tension show so this comment is by no means indicative of every show, but from what I saw, keep in mind that the stage was also just a lot bigger for festival shows. MIA had a very wide stage for five people. Tension Newark had a stage about half the size for 8 people. I don't think the screens and setup had as much to do with it as just the straightforward size of the stage.