Page 81 of 99 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,430 of 2944

Thread: NIN with Soundgarden - summer 2014 amphitheatre NA tour

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    Expect overreaction to this just like everything else around here.

Trent has been touring NIN for 2 years non-stop now. He should probably go and spend time with his family for a couple of months.
    Couple months =/= "a long time" though.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    If there's any legitimate thing to bitch about live over the past year or whatever it's the lack of a 5th member/actual bassist. It does take something away musically from the live experience. There's just songs that need a drummer and bassist, and other songs where it feels like they just push play on electronic parts (something that NINJA/WG was missing too).

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    If there's any legitimate thing to bitch about live over the past year or whatever it's the lack of a 5th member/actual bassist. It does take something away musically from the live experience. There's just songs that need a drummer and bassist, and other songs where it feels like they just push play on electronic parts (something that NINJA/WG was missing too).
    yeah they could've used an Eric Avery like character but still, it was cool seeing Ilan play bass. That's 3 different bassists for sanctified over 1 year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Couple months =/= "a long time" though.
    If "soon" = never, then "a long time" = ?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Saw this tour/a bunch of the merch last year, guess it's official that i'll be skipping the Chicago show. Besides if/when they decide to pull out the real fun stuff they're usually halfway to 3/4ths of the way through the tour and the chicago date is on thursday. Oh well, i'm saving a few hundred dollars.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Saw this tour/a bunch of the merch last year, guess it's official that i'll be skipping the Chicago show. Besides if/when they decide to pull out the real fun stuff they're usually halfway to 3/4ths of the way through the tour and the chicago date is on thursday. Oh well, i'm saving a few hundred dollars.
    I honestly get depressed when I see fans of artists think like this.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I'm honestly not trying to be an asshole about it, even though I'm probably coming off as one...I've just lost faith in Trents ability to put together interesting/dynamic/different setlists anymore. (at least in america) I'm still a huge fan, and if I had a free ticket and gas money I would absolutely go...but I'm just not really interested in paying for a ticket/hotel/gas/food to see a copy of the show I saw last year is all. If there was a coheadliner or opener that I personally liked a bit more like QOTSA or DEP at the chicago show I would be more likely to go but there's just not much for me in this tour. Maybe if they change up the setlist after a few more shows i'll buy a lawn ticket, but as of right now (not that it matters in any fashion) i'm stepping this one out.
    Last edited by tony.parente; 07-20-2014 at 03:50 AM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    No shit, if people get tired of whatever band it is (hey- NIN fans aren't the only ones!) it's time for that person to take a pause. Yeah, I'm sure TR is kind of sick of playing some of the same shit but wishing for Ghosts/Still tour is pretty retarded too.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I also want to point out that the Self Destruct tours had static setlists and it is widely regarded as one of the best times for NIN. I honestly think Wave Goodbye spoiled alot of us, which is understandable, but damn.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I also want to point out that the Self Destruct tours had static setlists and it is widely regarded as one of the best times for NIN. I honestly think Wave Goodbye spoiled alot of us, which is understandable, but damn.
    Thats very true, but if you compare the with_teeth arena tour setlists to the with_teeth amp tour the sets were very different animals.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just left the Vegas show. No real setlist or production spoilers here, for those are trying to avoid.

Personally, my only real gripe with the show was that there wasn't enough of a "group rock-out" thing going on where I was, since it was seated. There were mini-factions of NIN fans rocking out surrounded by SG fans who just stood and took it all in (I was in Golden Circle/Pit, Row 5, and my feeling was that it was like 60:40 SG to NIN down there). I looked around every now to see other NIN-ers and found myself thinking something like "man, wish I was by those guys/ladies" feeling, especially during the deeper cuts.

I guess my take-away is to not let the ppl around you dictate or restrict your level out rocking-out-ness, if you want to go nuts. Besides, it's kinda fun (albeit weird) going full out while still having some personal space.

But yes, MotP were very very strange, due to the restrictedness of it all.]

Though I have certainly missed doing the "fist fuck" thing during Wish

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    At the same time nowadays between YouTube, RITC, etc., people are way more aware of sets, and the Self Destruct tour was built out of new songs no one had heard while there were only two other albums to draw songs from. Now we get 3 HM songs and static sets while there are way more than enough previous songs that could get played. Even if you want to say "the Soundgarden crowd probably is more familiar with singles," there's still Down In It, Sin, Everyday Is Exactly the Same, Discipline, Capital G, Into the Void, We're In This Together, etc.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    At the same time nowadays between YouTube, RITC, etc., people are way more aware of sets, and the Self Destruct tour was built out of new songs no one had heard while there were only two other albums to draw songs from. Now we get 3 HM songs and static sets while there are way more than enough previous songs that could get played. Even if you want to say "the Soundgarden crowd probably is more familiar with singles," there's still Down In It, Sin, Everyday Is Exactly the Same, Discipline, Capital G, Into the Void, We're In This Together, etc.
    Some bands play vastly different sets every tour, some don't. It just seems like NIN is the latter, it is what it is.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Why does Trent always feel the need to play two North American tours per cycle, it's not like people are really grateful for it?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Why does Trent always feel the need to play two North American tours per cycle, it's not like people are really grateful for it?
    The vast, VAST majority are extremely grateful (I am one of them). The fans like us who pay attention to things like stage set up, setlists, merch etc tour after tour are few and far between so I have no doubt me and the couple of others on the board who share my not so great opinion are in the minority.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Well, he has to mix up the setlists for the two Red Rocks shows, right?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDavidMurphy View Post
    That all said, it was quite fun to watch a general sense of panic overtake the general lighting board area during the aforementioned fuckups with the panels. I caught one tech guy hauling ass over to said lighting board, which I found entertaining.
    I'm glad that you're able to get a chuckle out of the stress, panic, and dedication that comes with exhaustingly long hours, lost sleep, illness, and literal blood, sweat, and tears that we put into our job. In the end, we're just glad we can make you when something goes wrong.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Expect overreaction to this just like everything else around here.

Trent has been touring NIN for 2 years non-stop now. He should probably go and spend time with his family for a couple of months.
    When he said he would stop touring as NIN forever he came back within 4 years, I say 'long time' would mean anything between 2 to 4 years personally, enough time to do a few scores, another htda album (hopefully do a few low key shows in Europe as well as US), then work on new NIN without rushing it out

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Never did TR say he would stop touring with NIN 'forever'. The Wave Goodbye shows were billed as the last 'for the foreseeable future'.
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Thats very true, but if you compare the with_teeth arena tour setlists to the with_teeth amp tour the sets were very different animals.
    So was Tension compared to this.

…also: these aren't NIN's Greatest Hits. Nothing from The Fragile was played last night.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    To reiterate myself from a while back:
    A nin greatest hits tour would require The Perfect Drug, We're In This Together, Down In It, Sin and Dead Souls. A greatest hits tour would be a fucking rarities tour.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    probably to pay the bills...Its more and more obvious he brought NIN back for a cash grab

Some bands (The Cure, PEARL JAM) turn their live shows into an event and play for hours, and play rare songs at any time

Some bands (Deftones, Depeche Mode, NIN) play a standard greatest hits setlist and mail it in every night

Thats the way it is. Part of the problem for him not mixing the set is because of the stupid light show shit, each song has a specific backdrop and he probably cant mix it up;.....Once again proving my point that a tour with NO production and rare songs played beats the FUCK out of a light show with the same old songs played

Wave Goodbye 09/Performance 07>>>>>LITS/Tension/2013/2014 Festival run

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    Saying that here is going to get you on the shit list. God forbid you diss the backup singers....To the people saying how wonderful and successful Tension was and how it went over great...Tell that to Trent's accountant since he took a LOSS on the tour.....Then again, with Soundgarden and D.E.P. on this tour, maybe he should bring the backup singers out with him again. Sure Soundgarden and DEP fans will love to see that. DEP will be smashing their instruments and falling over themselves with a total aggressive set and here comes Trent with gospel singers onstage dancing around. #punkrock...... you want backup singers, go watch Don Henley or U2 or watch Guns N Roses Use Your Illusion tour videos with Axl and all his backup singers. This is Nine Inch fucking Nails
    Oh my god no one gives a shit. People don't care that you don't like the backup singers or Tension 2013. They only care because you never shut the fuck up about it. Your opinion isn't wrong, but your method of expressing it (relentlessly) is.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    probably to pay the bills...Its more and more obvious he brought NIN back for a cash grab

Some bands (The Cure, PEARL JAM) turn their live shows into an event and play for hours, and play rare songs at any time

Some bands (Deftones, Depeche Mode, NIN) play a standard greatest hits setlist and mail it in every night

Thats the way it is. Part of the problem for him not mixing the set is because of the stupid light show shit, each song has a specific backdrop and he probably cant mix it up;.....Once again proving my point that a tour with NO production and rare songs played beats the FUCK out of a light show with the same old songs played

Wave Goodbye 09/Performance 07>>>>>LITS/Tension/2013/2014 Festival run
    I've said this before, but no way would NIN be a good way for him to earn loads of money in a cash grab - if it was about the money he'd sit in LA churning out film scores, writing occasional themes for probably big paying Call of Duty type games. How could spending all the effort on Tension they did for example to not even make a big profit on it, or even any profit, be considered a cash grab for fucks sake???? If it was about the money he'd promote it properly too.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I've said this before, but no way would NIN be a good way for him to earn loads of money in a cash grab - if it was about the money he'd sit in LA churning out film scores, writing occasional themes for probably big paying Call of Duty type games. How could spending all the effort on Tension they did for example to not even make a big profit on it, or even any profit, be considered a cash grab for fucks sake???? If it was about the money he'd promote it properly too.
    then you are grossly underestimating what NIN pulls in per night. Sure he spent alot of his own $ on Tenson, but generally he's receiving HIGH 6 figures every night of a tour, possibly even more from festival gigs. If the overhead is low on production, as it seems to be for this tour and the one that just ended b/c all that gear had already been built/purchased prior, then Trent is bringing home BANK every night.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    It's not low overhead to run ANY show with the insane number of running crew they have on this tour! For fuck's sake people, stop talking out of your ass. Maybe go enjoy 14 Pearl Jam shows every year if that makes you happy.
    Last edited by botley; 07-20-2014 at 12:35 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    this tour was done in conjunction with Live Nation primarily right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It wasn't meant to take the piss out of someone unfairly. It's just not so often one sees an "all hands on deck" kind of a thing. Having done plenty of tech myself (for admittedly far less complex shows), I greatly appreciate what goes on back there. Like I said, you just don't often see someone hauling full speed over to the lighting board and fiddling with cables/resetting/praying.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    It's not low overhead to run ANY show with the insane number of running crew they have on this tour! For fuck's sake people, stop talking out of your ass. Maybe go enjoy 14 Pearl Jam shows every year if that makes you happy.
    Who wouldn't want to see 14 Pearl Jam shows?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nobies View Post
    Who wouldn't want to see 14 Pearl Jam shows?
    Me, Alice in Chains was the only one of that 'grunge' set I got into, although I did own the album with Even Flow and Alive on vinyl. Wouldn't want to listen to 3 hours of material to hear Alive at the end. When it comes to pearl jam I'd be like the annoying person who only knows Closer and Hurt at a NIN show

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I'll be going to see PJ later this year but don't give two shits about them. Pretty sure I'll have an OK time but doubtful my opinion of them will change any.